“10 night stay”

Quest St Kilda Bayside
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in St Kilda
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Room was clean although a little dated in the living area. The bathroom is not well lit for old eyes, and the shower taps a little finicky. The kitchen is not brightly lit, but well stocked and the fridge of ample size. Road noise is minimal. We stayed here on two five night visits in July. The tram service was excellent, the walking paths abundant. Food and beverage is available in the shops nearby. Reception staff are outstanding and knowledgeable. Great location, but needs some updating.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
L C, General Manager at Quest St Kilda Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear harmsenom

Thank you for taking the time to review Quest St Kilda Bayside. I’m pleased that you enjoyed your stay, found our location ideal and decided to return for a 2nd 5 night visit!

I’m sorry you found the room a little dated in the living area. This is surprising, because we completed a refurbishment of the entire property in only September last year, including new paint, carpet, furniture, tapware, benchtops, wardrobes, soft furnishings and artwork. However, I understand that we all have different tastes!

I’ve noted that you found the kitchen and bathroom not well lit, so I've asked our maintenance person to replace the light globes in those areas of the apartment that you were in with higher wattage globes.

I’ll be sure to pass your feedback about our reception staff onto them – they really do a great job of helping our guests and ensuring their stay is as enjoyable as possible.

If you do decide to stay with us again (and we hope you will!), please let us know of any issues, such as lighting, as they arise during your stay so that we can rectify it immediately and ensure your stay is as enjoyable as possible.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights in July with 5 others. We booked the 2 bedroom with rollaway. The rooms were tight and rollaway only had room in lounge area once table was moved. But overall a lovely, clean self contained room. Never heard any neighbours. Reception staff were polite and helpful. Checking was a breeze. Would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013
L C, General Manager at Quest St Kilda Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear lrogers27

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your stay at Quest St Kilda Bayside – it’s always lovely to receive positive feedback!

We’re so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I acknowledge that the rollaway beds do take up a fair bit of space in the apartments, but they can be handy when the number of people in the apartment outweigh the number of beds available!

I’m glad that overall you liked your apartment, found it clean and quiet, and found our staff helpful.

Thank you for recommending us. We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

To start the weather was very good for the time of year. The location was ideal for transport/facilities and quietly located. The room was ideal for our usage (we ate out) but had all we asked for and was very clean. There was free internet access in reception. The staff were friendly and very helpful especially Jeremy. The only down side was that the British and Irish Lions lost the 2nd Test.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Philip A
L C, General Manager at Quest St Kilda Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear Philip A

What a lovely review of our property. Thank you for all your positive comments – I’m so pleased that you had such a great stay with us. Thank you too for mentioning Jeremy and how friendly and helpful he and our staff were. They love nothing more than helping our guests and ensuring that their stay is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. I’ll ensure Jeremy and the other staff see your feedback.

I’m sorry about the British and Irish Lions loss – unfortunately that’s one aspect of your visit that we had very little control over!! Although they won the series, which I hope made up for it.

Hopefully you can make it back for a visit to Quest St Kilda Bayside before the next Lions tour to Australia (in 12 years’ time I think?) – we’d love to be able to welcome you back!

Luisa.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here for the first two nights of our OzTrip 2013. It's a great location, close to the beaches, walking distance of bars / restaurants and close to the tram stops (although we couldn't figure out how to buy the right cards to be able to ride 'em). The room was spacious and very clean, the staff outstanding in their helpfulness. The place isn't budget and although seemingly standard in Australia I do get slightly miffed being charged for parking and internet access. I travelled with two young children and the rooms weren't designed to be particularly child friendly, lots of sharp edges, raised (and sharp) tiled floor which managed to snare both my children and hot water from the tap that could make a decent cup of tea and made taking a shower a Russian roulette adventure.

1  Thank Pete900

Dear Pete900

Thank you for your review of Quest St Kilda Bayside - I’m pleased that we provided a good introduction to Melbourne and that you found our location so ideal, the staff helpful and your apartment clean!

The new tram ticketing system in Melbourne unfortunately isn’t particularly ‘tourist friendly’, although we try to help our guests a little in that regard by selling the tickets (called Myki) from reception and guiding our guests with how to use the tickets. A lot of our guests take advantage of this.

I’m sorry that you weren’t happy with the car parking and internet charges. We do offer an internet terminal at reception that is free for all our guests to use. There is also free (although limited) car parking on the street. We do try to keep our car parking and internet rates as low as possible and still charge substantially less than most of our competitors (who charge upwards of $20 for carparking and WIFI).

I’m also sorry about the sharp edges and overly hot water in the apartment. The tiled floor should not be raised, and we certainly don’t want the hot water to be a hazard. Unfortunately I’m unsure which apartment you were in (and each room has its own hot water system), but if you have the opportunity to contact me directly so that I know which apartment you stayed in, I’d like to look into this further.

Thank you again for your feedback and comments about our property. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights with my 2 children and could thoroughly recommend our 2 bedroom apartment. These apartments are so close to tram stops, the beautiful beach and pier, walking distance to small grocery store that delivers, and lots of easy access to a variety of restaurants, cafes and cake shops! The staff were mainly very helpful and friendly. Free wi-fi would have made my children even happier (I am too tight to pay for it!).
I had a very noisy airconditioner or generator outside of my window which went all night (thankfully I always travel with ear plugs!) - couldn't work out where noise was coming from and I think the mattresses might also be up for replacement as a little lumpy!
But overall an excellent accommodation spot!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
L C, General Manager at Quest St Kilda Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Suzanne C

I’m so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our property! Thank you for the fantastic feedback.

Thank you also for your feedback about the mattress and the air conditioner noise. I'm sorry you found the mattress uncomfortable. Lumpy mattresses are certainly not acceptable, and as such we have arranged for the purchase of new mattresses for that apartment, and an audit of the quality of our mattresses throughout the property that will result in the replacement of any mattresses that do not meet the high standards we set.

Unfortunately I’m unsure what the generator/air conditioner noise was outside your window. We have been to listen, but unable to hear it. We’ll go back intermittently to check in case we’ve missed something, but hopefully it was just a one-off noise that you unfortunately heard.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide all your feedback. We hope to be able to welcome you back again!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights. The location is great- close to tram stations to down town , close to restaurants and clubs, close to the beach and in a quite street.
Unfortunatlly it is either wi-fi or parking for free- the other is chargeable.
The stuff was extreemly helpfull and patient.
We had guests and they let them into the parking without charge ( even though we didn't take parking at all).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
L C, General Manager at Quest St Kilda Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear Navagi

Thank you for taking the time to review Quest St Kilda Bayside. I’m pleased you had such a great stay.

We do have a variety of packages and, particularly when guests book with us direct, we try to tailor the package to suit the guests’ requirements. Sometimes this means free wifi and car parking! I’m glad you were able to take advantage of at least one of these items being at no charge. Winter is a particularly good time to access these specials.

I’m also pleased you found our staff helpful. They love helping guests and ensuring that their stay is as enjoyable and hassle-free as possible.

Thank you again for your lovely review. We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights while on a first trip to Melbourne. My reading indicated it was a fun neighborhood, and it was. Easy walk down the street to lots of restaurants, bars, coffee shops, pastry shops, etc. Easy to just wander down and have a good time. Also easy walk to the beach, a couple blocks. The tram into downtown Melbourne was a couple blocks away, very convenient to head into the city. Had a 2 BR apartment which was clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear AzMember

I’m so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our property and would stay with us again! I agree -we are located in a ‘fun’ part of town – there’s always so much going on within only a few minutes’ walk from our property. I’m glad your apartment met all your needs, too.

I hope you have the opportunity to return to Melbourne again soon, so that we can welcome you back to Quest St Kilda Bayside!