Quest St Kilda Bayside
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rydges St Kilda(St Kilda)
The Prince(St Kilda)
Abode St Kilda(St Kilda)
  • Pool
Tolarno Hotel(St Kilda)
Eildon Mansion(St Kilda)
Oslo Hotel(St Kilda)
View Hotel
All reviewsold churchgreat locationquiet locationshort walkone bedroom apartmentthe kitchencar parkluna parkpublic transportwashing machine and dryerdining tablelaundry facilitiesserviced dailynice apartmentlounge areagood sizecake shops
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The apartments are just a walk down the street to Fitzroy street or the Esplanade, and a nice stroll to all the tasty cake shops in St kilda.
The beds were so comfy, the apartments very clean and reception staff very friendly.
The only issue is the walls are quite thin, so we could hear the crying baby in the room next door really easily.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Allie6464
L C, Guest Relations Manager at Quest St Kilda Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay. We are very lucky to be in such a great location, and those cake shops are definitely a must for the ‘to do’ list in St Kilda (a little dangerous for those of us who reside here...)!

I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by a crying baby - sometimes the noise of a crying baby can penetrate a wall of any thickness! If you do stay with us again, please let us know of any problems like this, because we like to be able to fix these issues as they arise. In this case, whilst our ability to silence a crying baby is somewhat limited, we may have been able to move you to a different room.

Thank you again for your review of Quest St Kilda Bayside. We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon!

Warm Regards

Jeremy

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed here in Sept 2012. We needed reasonably priced accomodation on AFL Grandfinal weekend, with easy access to the MCG at short notice. This turned out to be exactly what we needed - Located in a quiet street, only a five minute walk to the trams, and only 15-20 minutes into the heart of Melbourne, not to mention was also only a short walk to many good restaurants and to the bay.
The unit itself was a one bedroom refurbished one on the third floor and although was on the small side was very clean, with a very comfortable bed allowing for much needed restful sleep after the activities of the day. The view from the balcony was not great, but this was not a high priority for us.
The lamp in our room was not working but on mentioning it to reception on our way out for a short walk, we came back to find it had already been fixed. The service of the staff could not be faulted, they were attentive, polite and above all very friendly.
We stayed here as a last minute booking, but from the service we received, we shall definately be visiting again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GwynJP
L C, General Manager at Quest St Kilda Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for your lovely review of our property. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay over Grand Final weekend. I hope your team won!! I do apologise for the lamp in your room, but I’m pleased to hear that reception were able to have it fixed so quickly for you. We take great pride in our fabulous location, our newly refurbished apartments and our friendly staff - I’m glad you were able to experience all these aspects of our property.

We look forward to being able to look after you again soon.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed for 6 nights at Quest Apartments Bayside during a recent business trip to Melbourne. The apartments are nicely located in a very quiet tree-lined street within short walking distance to the restaurants on Acland St and to the beach. The apartment I was in faced the rear of the property so it was especially quiet. Being on the third floor I had a nice view of the city in the distance.

I was very impressed with the very friendly and helpful staff at Reception, especially the receptionist on morning shift and had only been on the job a couple of weeks (she went out of her way to look up and print a couple of Google maps for me when my GPS refused to recognise an address). Even the cleaning staff I passed in the corridors were ready with a cheerful greeting. Staff like this really make you feel welcome.

The apartment was small but fine for one person. Kitchen facilities were good, with a microwave, oven and cooktop, and plenty of glassware, plates and cutlery. Lack of bench space was only a minor issue.

The bed was very comfortable but it would have been nice to have a selection of pillows. All four pillows supplied were of the same thickness and for me that was too thin (and two pillows together was too much). Extra blankets in the room would have been good, but it was easy enough to ask at Reception and have one left in the room when they made it up. A couple of issues with the bedroom: the closet smelled a little musty and I had to leave the door open for the entire stay to air it out, and the bedroom window was off its track and would not slide properly (a bit surprising in a room that had been recently refurbished). Having said that, it was great to be able to open the window and the sliding door in the lounge. I hate those hotels with sealed windows where you can’t get fresh air.

My biggest disappointment with the apartment was the hot water, which ran out after three to four minutes of showering, and I ended up having to boil the jug for shaving water. I mentioned it to Reception who sent their maintenance guy up to have a look the next day (who, incidentally fixed a broken shower door seal while he was there. Thanks for that). When I checked with Reception that afternoon I was told that the issue was due to the apartment having a small water heater, but that it would heat up again in about 10 minutes... although that’s not particularly useful when you’re half way through a shower. I’ve stayed in 3 star motels that had plenty of hot water, so encountering this in a 4 star apartment was an unpleasant surprise. It was a pity I wasn’t able to enjoy some relaxing hot showers, because the water pressure was very good.

On my last night I bought a DVD on my way back to the apartment from work and settled down to watch it, only to find that there were no cables connecting the DVD player to the TV.

Overall, my stay at Quest Apartments Bayside was good, with an excellent location, friendly staff, a comfortable bed and good shower pressure. Unfortunately the 4 minutes of hot water and the lack of attention to detail (standard pillows, musty closet, dodgy bedroom window, no DVD cables) would tend to make me want to try somewhere else the next time I stay in the St Kilda area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Paul B
L C, General Manager at Quest St Kilda Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your very comprehensive review of Quest St Kilda Bayside. I’m pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay at our property but equally, I’m disappointed to hear of those aspects of your stay that were less than satisfactory.

You obviously enjoyed our fabulous location – we consider ourselves very fortunate to be located in such a prime position in St Kilda! And I’m pleased you were able to enjoy one of our rooms that have city views. When checking one of those rooms only last night, I was reminded how pretty Melbourne is at night time. Likewise, I was very happy to hear that you found our staff so hospitable. We regularly receive such feedback, but I will be sure to pass your feedback about our newest receptionist, Sarah, onto her.

We strive to ensure that the experience of all guests at the property is hassle free and relaxing, from the point of enquiring and booking, to check-out. As such, we take all feedback very seriously and I will be acting on your feedback in this review. Just a few points:

- I appreciate that for some people it is important to have a certain type of pillow to sleep with (I’m one of them!). We are due to purchase new pillows, and when I do so over the next week, I will be purchasing pillows of a variety of thickness/softness/etc. We do sometimes have guests come to reception requesting a particular sort of pillow, and we always do our best to track down such a pillow – so far we’ve always managed to meet such requests.

- I’m very sorry that you did not have an extra blanket in your room, or DVD cables. All rooms should have at least one spare blanket, and DVD cables, but it seems that unfortunately your room was overlooked when the blankets were being stored. Again, I’m sorry this occurred. It sounds as though reception were quick to act when you requested a blanket in your room, which I’m pleased to hear about. I have now personally checked all rooms to ensure everything is adequately connected (including DVD players).

- I have to admit I’m a little perplexed about the musty wardrobe. All our wardrobes are brand new, with the oldest in the building being only 4 weeks old. Since your review, I’ve been to check the wardrobes on the city side of C level (where you said you were staying), and I’ve not noticed any musty smells. They do, however, smell of new wood. Given you’ve indicated yours smelt musty, I will monitor this to ensure the wardrobes don’t develop a musty smell.

- Again, I’m very sorry about the window that did not slide smoothly in your room. We have only just taken over this business, and have put substantial effort into improving the ‘big’ things around the property – painting, carpeting, benchtops, furniture, tapware (and next, to be finished next week, our reception area). We admit that there are still a few minor things that need attention in a few rooms - the windows in a couple of our apartments being one. We will be addressing this over the coming weeks. Our major refurbishment will be finished next week (with reception), and then we will be going over each apartment again with a fine-tooth comb to ensure guests do not experience those other small annoyances. I agree though – it is nice to be able to open the window for fresh air, and while not all the windows open smoothly, they do all open.

- The apartments each have their own hot water system. There is generally enough water for an 8-10 minute shower (unless the shower is being used with particularly high water pressure or the dishwasher has been run, in which case the hot water may run out earlier). The hot water system normally reheats completely within 20 to 30 minutes.

I’m disappointed to hear that you may not return to Quest St Kilda Bayside. It is rare that things such as spare blankets and DVD cables are overlooked. With the refurbishments, our staff have had a number of additional demands upon them and, while you’ve obviously experienced a few items that were overlooked, this is very rare under normal circumstances (in fact, it’s even been rare during refurbishments). I’m confident that, should you decide to return to stay with us again, you won’t experience a repeat of these issues. If you do have any accommodation requirements in St Kilda in the future, please feel free to contact me directly so that I can personally care for you and your booking.

Luisa (General Manager)

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed in one of the newly refurbished 1 bedroom apartments on a Friday and Saturday night.
The building itself is in a great location, minutes away from the bay and some of the best restaurants in Melbourne! I was impressed with my room - it was brand new, comfortable and clean. Also, it was airy and got lots of sunlight. There's plenty of parking in the complex and even a pool (for summer i suppose!).
Had good experience with the staff - reception in particular are very friendly and helpful. Overall, i recommend staying here, it ticks all the boxes.

Room Tip: The back rooms have amazing views out to the city!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Alba6_44
L C, General Manager at Quest St Kilda Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your very lovely review of our property. I'm glad you enjoyed your refurbished room. They certainly are much brighter and more modern than our unrefurbished rooms (which were still comfortable!).

You're right about our pool - it is for summer months only. Melbourne just doesn't have the right climate for swimming outdoors in winter! it's a very popular place to be in summer though. Only a few more months and we'll have it open again.

It sounds like you were able to enjoy some of the fabulous local restaurants, too. There certainly are plenty to choose from within only a short walking distance. We're very fortunate!

Thank you again for your review. We hope we can look after you again soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Good location, good facilities, clean and roomy perfect for a Melbourne adventure. They are renovating rooms which should make it even better than it currently is, close to some good restaurants and a short walk to the bay and st kilda

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Simon T

Thank you for your very kind review of our property. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed our fabulous location, facilities and rooms. I do hope you'll consider returning soon to experience our new, fresh rooms. We're receiving a lot of positive feedback about them. Our upgrade program continues, but we now have 20 refurbished rooms open for guests, and our refurbishments, including our reception area, will be complete by the end of September.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our property.