My husband and I stayed here recently overnight in an Ocean Views room. Although fairly small, it was comfortable, on the second top floor and had a lovely view of the beach and ocean. We found the staff helpful and friendly at all times and breakfast was quite good but fairly expensive. Because the shops were not close by and it was quite windy outside, we didn't bother to go elsewhere for breakfast but did get dinner the previous evening elsewhere as the hotel menu did not have a great variety and, we thought, overpriced.
The tram stops outside which is great and takes 25 to 35 minutes to the city depending on the time of day.
We found Acland Street (10 mins walk away) highly overrated (except for the cakes) with outdated shops that looked like they could do with a big refurbishment inside and out. Fitzroy Street (also about 7-10 mins walk) down the bottom end was nothing marvellous but the top end up the hill was much better with far nicer looking coffee shops, outlook etc where we stayed the following 3 nights at the Medina Executive Apartments which we did prefer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Novotel Melbourne St Kilda is the city's premier beachfront hotel. Ideally positioned facing St Kilda beach and surrounded by some of the city's finest attractions, Novotel St Kilda is the perfect escape for the business or leisure traveller. Situated 6km from the city centre and 28km from Melbourne Airport, experience all this unique St Kilda hotel and its cosmopolitan surroundings have to offer from this hotel's prime position on The Esplanade. Novotel Melbourne St Kilda provides a great choice of St Kilda accommodation, offering 211 rooms and suites, many featuring spa baths with spectacular bay view over Port Philip Bay. The Novotel St Kilda can cater for a variety of events including residential conferences, team building exercises, annual meetings and gala dinners. Choose from 12 versatile function spaces for up to 300 delegates. Many of the rooms offer stunning ocean views and outdoor terrace areas for informal networking. Walk to some of Melbourne's finest attractions such as Luna Park, experience the famous Sunday art and craft market on The Esplanade or discover the many shopping options and bustling nightlife on nearby Acland and Fitzroy Streets. If you need to park the car, there is a secure, undercover parking (extra charge), whilst a tram stop at the front door ensures easy and convenient access to Melbourne city centre only six kilometres away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, ACCOR, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Novotel Melbourne St Kilda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Melbourne St Kilda Hotel St Kilda
- Accor St Kilda
- Novotel St Kilda
- St Kilda Novotel
- Novotel Melbourne St Kilda Greater Melbourne