“Often my home away from home!!”

Novotel Melbourne St Kilda
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in St Kilda
Reviewed May 4, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Llewellyn W, General Manager at Novotel Melbourne St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Reviewed April 30, 2014

2  Thank Safari747
Reviewed April 30, 2014

very happy with hotel in great position and have stayed many times but had dinner in restaurant on friday and went to pay with accor card and was told could not use card on public holiday ,we had forgot it was a public holiday and also some signage to alert accor members would have been good.we were not the only members with cards and we were all disappointed

dialasparky

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your Membership Discounts for your meals not being received on the Public Holidays.

I have passed your comments onto our Food and Beverage Manager and will ensure in future that there is sufficient signage notifying guests of this when arriving into the Restaurant,

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Service, room, restaurant, location were all excellent - rate for car parking was very good.Close to many of St.Kilda's attractions and transport
Restaurant provided excellent food and service with drinks at reasonable prices

Reviewed April 29, 2014

After paying $266 for the room (on a Sunday night), we walked into an old shabby room with a huge stain on the floor. After speaking with the very helpful lady at reception, we were able to get an upgrade into a better room with a spa for an extra fee of $20. The spa was tiny and couldn't even really fit one person comfortably, let alone two. After having a spa the tap handle leaked black stuff into the bath, to what I later discovered to be mould!
The vanity curtain between the bathroom and the bed didn't work, so there was no privacy when either my partner and I went to the bathroom.
The bed was very lumpy and uncomfortable and neither my partner or I had a very good sleep. We had been to see a show at the Palais, and we both had had quite a few drinks and we still couldn't sleep - thats how lumpy the bed was!!

After the spa, i looked out of the window to the beautiful view, and noticed that there was fingerprints all over the window, not just one or two, but a lot! and all over the window.

Then to top off the whole experience we were going to be lumped with a $20 parking bay fee. Thankfully the lovely girl in reception waived that cost.
We would have been better staying in a newer hotel in the city and caught a taxi to the Palais. Overall i am very disappointed with this hotel, and I will be looking for a different hotel next time I plan to see a show at the Palais. The staff were very helpful and nice, and that was probably the only reason we did not walk out of the hotel, ask for our money back and find another hotel :-(

Room Tip: Save yourself the pain, find a different hotel
1  Thank 0KBlanks
Llewellyn W, General Manager at Novotel Melbourne St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

OKBLanks

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some very valuable feedback.

I would welcome and encourage you to contact me directly on Llewellyn.Wyeth@accor.com so that I can ensure that all items that you have raised have been swiftly rectified.

Please accept my sincere apologies that even after the team rectified your original concerns by offering you an upgrade, we were still unable to provide you with a positive experience. I look forward to hearing from you directly so that we can continue to improve on our product into the future.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed April 28, 2014

The location is right in the heart of St Kilda opposite the beach.

The service was pretty good from check-in to check-out. I had requested a late check-out and was offered noon. I wanted it till 2pm and stated I was Le Club Accor silver member and could late check-out if available. He advised me he could extend till 1:30pm and see if 2 was possible so left it at that.

I got a room on a high floor as I requested. It was a standard room with queen size bed. The room itself was smallish as only had a desk with chair and no other armchairs or anything. Bathroom was small as had bath over shower (which let water spray everywhere as shower screen had a gap) and the sink was actually in the room. The blackout shade was great except mine didn't go up more than a third as it was broken. The bed was soft which I liked and got a decent sleep.

I tried the gym out and although small, had really modern and nice equipment. I didn't try the pool out but it is a heated outdoor pool. If it was hotter it would have been nice to try. When I tried to go back to room the key wouldn't work in lift (it has a key entry in lift which I like for security) so checked it out with front desk. He checked the system and advised I had a 2pm check out now which was good.

There are good and bad points about this hotel but more positives. Nice place to have as a getaway.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank rc33

OKBLanks

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some very valuable feedback.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed April 27, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Llewellyn W, General Manager at Novotel Melbourne St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014