I stayed one night at the Novotel, St Kilda in early March 2013 for business. The location is excellent - close to all the main attractions of St Kilda with a tram stop right outside. The conference facilities were fantastic with great refreshments and an allocated Nespresso business machine (well used by many of us who'd flown in early).
Staff were extremely and rooms were generally clean. I was given a free upgrade from a standard to a larger superior room, but it faced the carpark - not a great view, given the other side of the hotel faced the bay.
The room was very large with a nice day bed and large office desk to work (extremely helpful for the travelling professional). Bathroom was very large and decent, equipped with a large spa. The bed was large and comfortable, though I found the pillows a bit flat and woke up uncomfortably during the middle of the night.
Functionally, I found that the Novotel ticked the boxes for a conference venue in a great location and clean rooms where all you needed to do was work and sleep.
But given the room rate paid by my firm, I would be unlikely to stay here again if travelling for leisure. While the location was fantastic, I'd be after more value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Novotel Melbourne St Kilda is the city's premier beachfront hotel. Ideally positioned facing St Kilda beach and surrounded by some of the city's finest attractions, Novotel St Kilda is the perfect escape for the business or leisure traveller. Situated 6km from the city centre and 28km from Melbourne Airport, experience all this unique St Kilda hotel and its cosmopolitan surroundings have to offer from this hotel's prime position on The Esplanade. Novotel Melbourne St Kilda provides a great choice of St Kilda accommodation, offering 211 rooms and suites, many featuring spa baths with spectacular bay view over Port Philip Bay. The Novotel St Kilda can cater for a variety of events including residential conferences, team building exercises, annual meetings and gala dinners. Choose from 12 versatile function spaces for up to 300 delegates. Many of the rooms offer stunning ocean views and outdoor terrace areas for informal networking. Walk to some of Melbourne's finest attractions such as Luna Park, experience the famous Sunday art and craft market on The Esplanade or discover the many shopping options and bustling nightlife on nearby Acland and Fitzroy Streets. If you need to park the car, there is a secure, undercover parking (extra charge), whilst a tram stop at the front door ensures easy and convenient access to Melbourne city centre only six kilometres away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Novotel Melbourne St Kilda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Melbourne St Kilda Hotel St Kilda
- Accor St Kilda
- Novotel St Kilda
- St Kilda Novotel
- Novotel Melbourne St Kilda Greater Melbourne