We visited Melbourne last weekend as my husband was racing in the inaugural Ironman Melbourne Triathlon. We booked because of the location. Right across the road from the St.KIlda Sea Baths which is where the race finishes.
We didn't take our kids and wouldn't stay if we did have kids as room too small. We prefer a 2 bedroom with kids.
The hotel is ageing and the lobby and corridors (as well as exterior) could do with an upgrade, however the room we were in looked like it had been updated and was clean and pleasant with a king bed, sofa and clean bathroom. We had views across to the bay and could see the Ironman tent from our window.
Small complaints were expensive internet connection, TV was far away from bed considering it's size, and room service was very slow!
They also increased price over the race weekend which was pretty hefty...however it was the ideal location so they are not silly - am sure it was booked out!
We didn't have breakfast included in room rate but we did order room service one morning and it was great.
In regards to location its perfect if you want to be near the water - nice in summer although already by March it was windy and cold at times. There are great walking tracks by the water and lots you can do around the bay. Kids would love too.
Luna Park is 5 mins walk away (although only open thurs-sunday) and you can either walk to Fitzroy St or Acland street for a vast array of cafes and restaurants - you're spoilt for choice!! We would recommend Riccoco on Acland Street and Ichi Ni about 2 mins walk towards Fitzroy St from hotel if you like Japanese.
Trams lines are out front which take you into the city or up Chapel Street for shopping.
St Kilda is very much an inner city beach suburb. There is a mix of types you come across on the streets and it is busy on weekends as many Melbournites visit since it's the only beach suburb.
There are a few clothing shops on Acland street but nothing special so not ideally location for avid shoppers.
For the race we were attending it was perfect so would absolutely recommend although there are many options in the area that are all walking distance to race expo, buses and finish line.
If you don't want to stay inner city then I think this is a nice place to stay if visiting Melbourne.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Novotel Melbourne St Kilda is the city's premier beachfront hotel. Ideally positioned facing St Kilda beach and surrounded by some of the city's finest attractions, Novotel St Kilda is the perfect escape for the business or leisure traveller. Situated 6km from the city centre and 28km from Melbourne Airport, experience all this unique St Kilda hotel and its cosmopolitan surroundings have to offer from this hotel's prime position on The Esplanade. Novotel Melbourne St Kilda provides a great choice of St Kilda accommodation, offering 211 rooms and suites, many featuring spa baths with spectacular bay view over Port Philip Bay. The Novotel St Kilda can cater for a variety of events including residential conferences, team building exercises, annual meetings and gala dinners. Choose from 12 versatile function spaces for up to 300 delegates. Many of the rooms offer stunning ocean views and outdoor terrace areas for informal networking. Walk to some of Melbourne's finest attractions such as Luna Park, experience the famous Sunday art and craft market on The Esplanade or discover the many shopping options and bustling nightlife on nearby Acland and Fitzroy Streets. If you need to park the car, there is a secure, undercover parking (extra charge), whilst a tram stop at the front door ensures easy and convenient access to Melbourne city centre only six kilometres away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, ACCOR, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Melbourne St Kilda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Melbourne St Kilda Hotel St Kilda
- Accor St Kilda
- Novotel St Kilda
- St Kilda Novotel
- Novotel Melbourne St Kilda Greater Melbourne