“Best boutique hotel in central St Kilda”
Review of The Prince

The Prince
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in St Kilda
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Best hotel to stay in in St Kilda.
Gorgeous Aesop products, very quiet and gorgeous rooms. If I recall, our room had sensor bedside lighting.
Classy, modern, interesting and warm.
Well worth the money for a great stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I travel and stay in many hotels for work and so when I had to go to Melbourne for a wedding I really did think “great another night in a hotel.” The Prince, located in St Kilda is a hotel I had not stayed at previously so thought it was a great opportunity to try somewhere different.
I found the whole experience truly lovely. From when I first arrived I found the staff both friendly and helpful. The facilities that The Price offered where also very good, I didn’t use the pool as I forgot my swimmers but would advise anyone visiting to pack them as it was truly beautiful. The room where modern, clean and very welcoming but the best part of the stay was the location. I could walk to cafes, shopping and the beach.
This is a must stay for people who want a great location, great rooms and friendly staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
BizSattler, Director of Sales at The Prince, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Alicia C
Thank you so much for your kind review. We understand that although travelling for work seems glamorous, sometimes all you want is be in your own bed! We are so pleased that we could provide a home away from home for you and we hope to see you back at The Prince very soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

What a refreshing surprise for a Melbourne hotel. From the moment I arrived I was greeted warmly by hotel reception, as if excited to see an old friend - it made one feel special and welcomed. The check-in was friendly, efficiant and informative... and complimentary Wifi! Fabulous. The rooms are fresh, simple, and comfortable; but it's the dedication to service values here which is impressive. Wouldn't hesitate to reccomend to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear JamesMelbourne84

We appreciate you taking the time to post a Tripadvisor review for us - thank you. We are so pleased that you like the art, design, food theme of the property. We are glad that you appreciate the free wi fi, we certainly it is a necessity in hotels and are happy to provide this for your guests complimentary. Most importantly I am thrilled that you were treated like a friend. We work very hard to ensure that our level of customer service exceeds expectations and I am so glad we could deliver on this.
We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed here recently with my husband and we both had a fantastic time. The location is excellent, there are plenty of bars and restaurants nearby and the beach is just around the corner. The staff were excellent. They were able to answer any questions we had and they went out of their way to ensure we had an excellent stay.
The room was big, the bed was comfy, and the bath was huge!
We had dinner in the hotel restaurant, Circa. The food was really great and the place had a great atmosphere, I was also very impressed with the wine list.
I would definitely recommend staying here, and I'm looking forward to coming back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Rosh D
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor for us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the many facets of the hotel - from the rooms to the menu in Circa.

We hope to have you back with us again very son to try the new seasonal menu in Circa and ample a few more of the local bars.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The hotel itself is fine and my room was small but very efficient. Although, I did hear some mixed experiences including a mother of the groom (from the wedding the night before the one I attended) being locked out of her room and refused entry because the hotel staff forgot to take an imprint of her credit card. Superb venue for a wedding but we really didn't need lectures from the bar attendant who is apparently studying 'nutrition' about how bad the sugar was for us that we were eating or telling guests they were cut off from the Pepsi max because it was bad for her and she had too many. The biggest disappointment was the breakfast experience. Very similar to the review below reporting on a post wedding group breakfast, so our experience clearly isn't a one off. Rudest staff ever, nearly an hour before they took our food order, we were told that we couldn't order from the normal menu because there we too many of us, coffee and tea eventually came but no offer of more, if more was requested people were very rudely told it would have to go on their room bill, very average food ....the list goes on. Many good things can be said about the hotel but nothing good could possibly be said about the breakfast experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mopette,

Thank you for posting a review on trip advisor. I’m sorry to hear that your experience was not to the standard that we aim to achieve. My sincerest of apologies that the breakfast was such a disappointing experience. I have shared your comments with our events team to look at better ways we might be able to handle groups dining together for breakfast. I would be more than happy to have speak with your personally regarding the problems that you experienced. Please feel free to contact me personally on biz@theprince.com.au so that I can look further into your concerns.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had our daughters wedding at the Prince last week and were totally delighted with how the event was managed. The staff on the night of the event were extremely efficient and pleasant to deal with and nothing was too much trouble. We had a large number of family members staying at the hotel and they all enjoyed the rooms plus the breakfast.
The Penthouse was fantastic for the bridal party to use to be dressed and made it very relaxing.
Cannot thank you enough and was recommend your venue for any event.
Kind Regards
Marilyn Strauss

Room Tip: No comment
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Marilyn,

Thank you for reviewing the Prince. We are so pleased to hear that your daughters special day was a wonderful experience for all involved. We strive for friendly, efficient and accommodating service and it's always wonderful to receive feedback that is so positive. Hope we can have you back again soon to stay and experience the food and beverage facilities of The Prince.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel was recommended by one of my friends. Travel alot for business. Really convenient location good atmosphere, the breakfast was amazing it was funcky not the usual breakfast that you get in other hotels.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank tnb84

Dear tnb84,

Thank you for your review of the Prince Hotel and we are so pleased that the property came on recommendation! We are thrilled that we met your expectations and glad you liked the breakfast. Hope to be welcoming you back to the Prince again in the future.