“Wedding review”

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in St Kilda
Melbourne, Australia
“Wedding review”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The family stayed at the Prince over night to celebrate my daughters wedding on the deck.
Prior to booking we visited the site, it was beautiful, with a magnificent, purpose designed canopy over the deck for the wedding ceremony, giving the whole deck a fab atmosphere. 2 weeks before the wedding my daughter was told there would be no canopy. This meant - a. no atmosphere - b. no protection from the sun - c. no protection if it rained. We were told 3 different reasons why the canopy would not be up and still don't the real reason. Finally after threatening to cancel, they found a replacement the day before. BUT, I saw 1 tray of canopes from the order of 3 different types.The dinner: quality, presentation, service cannot be faulted but for $150 per head, the amount of food was poor. Each table of 12 got about 2 chips and 2 beans each from the centre dishes. Rooms were very good but very noisy. Overall, fabulous venue for a wedding.

Room Tip: Brides room on the 4th floor, beautiful view. 2 other rooms we occupied on the 3rd and 4th floors ha...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
BizSattler, Director of Sales at The Prince, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Hi There

Thank you so much for taking the time to review The Prince on tripadvisor.

I am very pleased that your daughter enjoyed her special day at The Prince Deck.

We take your feedback very seriously and rest assured I will pass your feedback on to the events team regarding the function.

We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Liz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Prince is a very funky hotel with great atmosphere. The rooms are a bit on the small side but well compensated by the modern layout and facilities. The breakfast was excellent - lots of great cafe-style choices, and was complimentary in the price of the room. It's right on the tram line so only 15 minutes or so to the city, very convenient. The staff are very friendly. All in all a great experience. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ajmackie1
Hi There

Thank you so much for taking the time to review The Prince on tripadvisor.
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you like the recent updates to the rooms.

We do have other room categories available at The Prince and would be happy to assist you in booking one of these on your next stay.

We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Pittsburgh
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The family visited The Prince for two days, it was short but the experience was nice. The staff is nice, we had limited interaction just breakfast and check in/check out. The whole place is clean, hallways, restaurants, and lobby. The room was two bedrooms connected by a hallway and bathroom. Overall, the rooms were clean and spacious. Bathroom was spacious but had a rather interesting shower. Most of the time we were out of the hotel. Unfortunately, because of this we were unable to venture to the pool or the spa (very nice looking from the outside). Breakfast, was rather tasty and included in the room. At night the restaurant gets a bit loud, but the hotel has doors they open at night in the hallways. We were on the top floor and we couldn't hear anything from the bar. Overall, it's a nice place. If we were to travel back to St.Kilda odds are we would stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
BizSattler, Director of Sales at The Prince, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Hi There
Thank you for taking the time to review The Prince and I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We believe that in addition to exceptional facilities and cleanliness that friendly helpful staff are integral in ensuring guests have an enjoyable experience. It is lovely to receive such positive feedback about my work colleagues – I will certainly pass this feedback on.
We hope that you enjoyed your time exploring St Kilda and the beautiful esplanade and look forward to welcoming you back to The Prince soon.
Liz Sattler
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed at the prince for 4 days in mid november 2012. I liked the modern architecture. The front desk was very friendly & we were in our room in under 5 minutes. The room was clean & spacious . Built in wardrobes & lotsa power points. The only downer was the bed . It was lumpy.
The comp breakfast was awesome. And the restaurant staff were too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi There Emmanuel
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review for The Prince.
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed not only your stay with us, also the food and beverage facilities.
I will ensure that we look into the issue of the bed for you. We tke your feedback seriously and will investigate this for you further.
I hope that you enjoyed the remainder of your travels, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Prince soon.
Liz Sattler
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed here for a few nights for a business trip. Loved the vibe and the modern room style. Staff were efficient, although not overly friendly. Loved my meals in the restaurant as they were all to high standard.

I had an internal room with window overlooking the central atrium which was fine by me since I love a cosy room however it was late winter and on a couple of nights I found my room overwhelmingly smelt of smoke late at night. Was just too tired to get up and complain about it though so lived through it.

Would definitely be happy to stay again, but would ask not to have an internal room in winter when the fire is burning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
BizSattler, Director of Sales at The Prince, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Hi Jenifer

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review for The Prince on Tripadvisor.
We appreciate your feedback and take your comments seriously. I will look into the smoke smell and address this issue at the source. We consistently provide our staff with ongoing training and hope that you will notice their developments when you stay with us next

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is by far the best experience I have had at a hotel. We were lucky enough to have our wedding here and the service, food, room, the service, the interiors, the location, and the service was absolutely world class. I could't fault anything with the place, (except for the guy jack-hammering at 7am, but that was nothing to do with the venue). Thank you for the excellent experience.

Room Tip: Go the premier suit overlooking Fitzroy st and St Kilda beach.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
BizSattler, Director of Sales at The Prince, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Hi Robbie

Thank you so much for your kind Tripadvisor review. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you back at The Prince very soon.

Kind regards

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 3, 2012

While I have enjoyed dinning at Circa on several occasions and have had the odd big night out in the the club myself as venues under a hotel they do not make great bedfellows.

My superior room 411 is spartan, a little tired and the mattress a little creaky. On the plus side it was spacious and had a balcony overlooking Fitzroy Street with attractive outlook. Lovely bathroom and amenities from REM.

So on balance would have been happy had it not been for the incredibly loud music from the nightclub below. I called down to reception at 12.30pm to ask when it might finish up for the night to be told it would continue till 2am and that it was under a separate operator and there was nothing they could do about it. I was offered another room but he could make no guarantee that it would be better sound proofed. Tucked up in bed I wasn't keen to make a dash in my pj's.

The next morning the front desk said that there was another band night scheduled for the following night (Tuesday) and they offered to move me to a smaller lower grade room that hopefully will be quieter. Clearly Mondays and Tuesday nights are big nights and noise is a common problem.

I live in the inner-city in Sydney so I'm used to ambient noise but I really think in good faith they should be more upfront at the point of taking the booking and/or close rooms that are likely to be affected as there is no soundproofing.

The room service breakfast is one of the best I have enjoyed so it is with some trepidation that I look forward to my stay tonight with the hope that I will actually be rested enough to enjoy it tomorrow morning...

Room Tip: Ask about any events being held in the club downstairs during your proposed stay. And avoid if you...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hi There Voyages

Thank you for your honest review. I am so sorry to hear that you experienced noises issue during your stay. The Prince is located on the lively Fitzroy St and on the odd occasion we do have issues with noise in some rooms. We are going to great lengths to ensure thorough soundproofing of all the rooms in the property and do take your review very seriously.

I would be very happy to discuss this with you in detail and see what I can do to provide you with a better experience of The Prince on your next visit to Melbourne.
Please send me an email on : biz@theprince.com.au and I will respond to you privately.

Kind regards