The family stayed at the Prince over night to celebrate my daughters wedding on the deck.
Prior to booking we visited the site, it was beautiful, with a magnificent, purpose designed canopy over the deck for the wedding ceremony, giving the whole deck a fab atmosphere. 2 weeks before the wedding my daughter was told there would be no canopy. This meant - a. no atmosphere - b. no protection from the sun - c. no protection if it rained. We were told 3 different reasons why the canopy would not be up and still don't the real reason. Finally after threatening to cancel, they found a replacement the day before. BUT, I saw 1 tray of canopes from the order of 3 different types.The dinner: quality, presentation, service cannot be faulted but for $150 per head, the amount of food was poor. Each table of 12 got about 2 chips and 2 beans each from the centre dishes. Rooms were very good but very noisy. Overall, fabulous venue for a wedding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Prince is Melbourne's premier boutique hotel, hidden in the cosmopolitan bayside suburb, St Kilda. With 40 individually designed rooms, Veuve Clicquot in the minibar and (MALIN+GOETZ) bathroom amenities guests will enjoy a stay with a difference. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Prince reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Prince Hotel St Kilda
- Prince Hotel St Kilda
- Prince St Kilda
- The Prince St Kilda, Greater Melbourne