“Amazing hotel and restaurant!”
Review of The Prince

The Prince
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in St Kilda
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I booked a room at the Prince and dinner at Circa for my boyfriends birthday & new job celebrations and we couldn't have been more pleased. The room was very clean, quiet and the marble bathroom and bath was just beautiful. Started off dinner with a few drinks at the bar then moved to our table where the food was unbelievable (as usual) and the service was perfect. Not only were staff friendly and attentive but made the night very special for us both by writing us personalised notes on our plates, 'congratulations' and 'happy birthday', with two little complementary chocolate mousse cakes. It's the little things that go a long way. Thanks to the amazing staff at both the restaurant and hotel. We will definitely be staying and eating here again soon!!!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
BizSattler, Director of Sales at The Prince, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Hi There

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and the new and improved Circa experience. We hope to have you back with us very soon.

There are newer reviews for The Prince

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We have been here before and just had to return! Great spot right in the heart of St Kilda. Staff are wonderful and the rooms are well appointed. Loved the bathroom amenities from the spa.
We were only a bit disappointed at the vodka bar was closed, looked like renovations, as that was one of the appeals as we heard great things... we will just have to try again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi There

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back very soon to enjoy the new Acland St Cantina (which will replace the Vodka Bar)

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Staying at the prince hotel was simply outstanding, my fiance and I stayed there recently as we had a wedding at circa on the deck upstairs. Not only was the party amazing, but the staff were very attentive and made sure everything from the food to the service was nothing but the best. A big thank you to James and the team at the hotel and circa for making our night one to remember. We will most definitely be back for either dinner or to stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012

Hi There

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so pleased that your wedding was everything that you hoped it would be and that you enjoyed staying with us in house.

I have passed your kind feedback on to our hardworking team. We look forward to having you back here soon - perhaps for your fist year anniversary!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Conveniently located at the beach end of Fitzroy Street, this hotel is great if you are doing things in or around St Kilda, or just want somewhere a little different in Melbourne. It is about 20 minutes by taxi to the City or even less if you jump on the light rail (like an express tram). There are plenty of eateries nearby, including a couple of very good ones on site.

From memory the hotel was refurbished around 2000. At the time they were very hip. Little has changed, and whilst showing some wear and tear, this place is still very good. It is a true boutique. Not a huge number of rooms, tasteful designer decor, contemporary artwork and very friendly helpful staff. The prices too are reasonable.

I say much the same about most hotels I review ... the rooms were very comfortable. I loved the pillows and slept like a log. I was worried about street noise, but my room was whisper quiet facing the internal courtyard. Not sure if the external or corner rooms are noisier, but I suspect not too much if at all. The artwork seems to have changed. Again, from memory, the rooms had individual artworks by David Band (love his work BTW), now my room had a photograph. I would like this and other hotels to attribute artistic works ... name of work, author ... that kind of thing. If I had any complaint, it would be that the shower rooms are a little on the small size. In fact, my room was not as spacious as others I have stayed in (like the Hilton South Wharf).

Someone else mentioned dodgy internet. I found the internet, whilst free, to be average at best. Quite slow and I reverted to tethering my iPhone. Hoping this will change.

What more can I say ... still a favourite in Melbourne.

Room Tip: Breakfast well worth it. Try the restaurant too ... persevere with the complicated menu for some re...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Hi There

Thank you for your tripadvisor review. Over the past 3-6 months we have been working on further updates to the rooms and food and beverage facilities to help enhance your Prince experience even further!

We look forward to having you back with us very soon.

Liz

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed here while attending a conference.
Great location. St Kilda - need I say more.
So close to some really yummy food just downstairs.
The Aurora Spa is totally decadent. I wish I'd had more time to avail myself of the facilities there.

The rooms were well furnished, and the dimmer switches were a nice touch. However, because of the building itself, the walls were a bit thin, and street noise can't be avoided. (this did not bother me that much, but it might affect others)

The breakfast was great - loved the hotel restaurant. Once again, wish I had more time to enjoy my gourmet breakfast, but had to get to the meetings. Would have liked to have tried the restaurant for dinner.
A nice touch was the free drink at the funky bar - printed on such beautiful paper I couldn't bear to throw it out!

Lovely helpful staff. I left behind my $900 glasses - and they mailed it back to my home, no problems at all.
I would totally stay here again, this time on holiday so I can savour the Prince more!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend over easter. We found it on Mr & Mrs Smith.com and thought we'd totally lucked out for the price we paid! The rooms were really well decorated and really funky - absolutely loved it. The bathroom was dimly lit but spacious with a decent shower. The location is perfect for a weekend in St Kilda - you can walk everywhere. Parking and brekkie were included in the price and breakfast was absolutely delicious! Overall we thought this was a fantastic hotel for a great price and we'd definitely stay there again, and recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We had an all expenses paid business trip,we arrived at 4.30pm and did an hours work before the start of function with the internet kept dropping out ,a used towel on the back of the bathroom door and the water temperature was influenced by someone else .The room was minimum and cold ,and the blind didnt block any morning sunshine
Canapes were excellent ,starters ok and the main course was tasty but cold so very disappointed .The bar staff were friendly,so was the waiter in the breakfast room,the breakfast
was ok but I think there are a lot better Hotels to stay in Melbourne .I think this hotel could be suited to a younger crowd

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank FionaSydney

Hi There

Thank you so much for your review. Over the past 3-6 months we have been working at updated and refreshing the rooms and the food and beverage offering at The Prince to restore the hotel to her former glory. This includes address issues with slow internet and staff attention to detail.

We hope that you will provide us with an opportunity to showcase the work we have done to The Prince and stay with us again soon.