“Best in the world.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Fitzrovia

Fitzrovia
Reserve with
Fitzrovia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 282 Restaurants in St Kilda
Cuisines: Australian, Cafe, European, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Overlooking Albert park and breathtaking city views, Fitzrovia has pride of place in our beautiful Federation mansion house with pressed tin ceilings, hand-made brick work, stained glass, baltic pine floors and a host of wonderful original features. From 7am through till late at night, our kitchen produces some of the area's most innovative dishes, made entirely from local Victorian produce, with a strong European style. Our menus change regularly with the seasons, so take a look at our website to see what we are doing!
Sydney, Australia
“Best in the world.”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

For the life of me I do not understand why I have left it so long to come back here. I have lived in many different countries and I fine out almost daily, and this would be the best breakfast anywhere, and I mean anywhere.

The staff are casual, funny and friendly and the food is to die for. Do not visit Melbourne and miss this place!

• Indonesian first
Melbourne
“Fav place Fitzroy Street.”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is my absolute fave place on Fitzroy Street for breakfast. Judging by the crowds it's a top spot for lunch and dinner too.

Adelaide, Australia
“Creme Brûlée for breakfast, yes please!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Great little venue, with exceptional service and the creme brûlée French toast with banana & bacon was amazing. The coffee was ok. Busy little spot and we would recommend it just for the quirkiness of it, including the silk printed 1860 map of Australia that is framed and on the wall.

Melbourne, Australia
“Trendy Fitzroy Street....”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Fitzrovia's has a really nice vibe; the 1920s tables and chairs - and the collection of books in the bookcase -are reminiscent of a more relaxed era and this place is perfect for a quiet, private chat with friends/colleagues.
Two hour meter parking is available across the road, but at $3.30 an hour, it comes at a price!
We chose from the brunch menu and the poached eggs looked enticing. I was disappointed with my scrambled eggs as - with many places these days - they were made from a commercial mixture (not fresh eggs) and they contain fructose and corn syrup which can adversely affect some people with certain health conditions such as diabetes (like me!) And it's not helped because they always heap large serves on the plate.
Apart from that, the coffee was good -and service very impressive.

1 Thank Sally D
Paul J, Owner at Fitzrovia, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Sally,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at Fitzrovia. We have a policy of not contributing to guests comments, however on this occasion I feel that we have to respond to let you know our ethos when it comes to sourcing produce.
I was surprised and dismayed at your assertion that we use anything but farm fresh produce at Fitzrovia, when my team and I spend a considerable time each week in ensuring we deal directly with farmers to source only the best produce Victoria has to offer.
Just to clarify; at Fitzrovia, we NEVER use any pre-prepared compound mixes in any of our dishes. As for our scrambled eggs, they contain only two ingredients: Free range eggs (from South Gippsland Eggs, which are 100% free range, from non-debeaked birds) and pure cream from Jonesy’s (a co-operative group of farmers that have banded together to fight the big dairies and get a fair price for farmers). Both these products (along with all our fresh produce) are 100% Victorian and are delivered to us direct from the farm weekly.
We do not, have not and will not stock any products that contain High Fructose Corn Syrup, and other additives. We host hundreds of guests each week with either allergies or intolerances, and pride ourselves on their repeat business, and being able to respond to their needs.
I hope this will give you the confidence to continue coming to Fitzrovia, safe in the knowledge that your diabetes will not be adversely affected by hidden nastys!
If you have any queries, I would love to discuss with you further at your leisure.
Regards,
Paul Jewson
Head Chef and Director
Sydney, Australia
“A random find ... and what a gem!!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I love my food and was recently at a conference at the Aust Institute of Management on Fitzroy St resigned to the fact that I would be eating badly for a few days.
Boy was a wrong! Once a find Fitzrovia on the first day at lunch I went back everyday after that for every meal I could.
For those of you with experience in London - this is somewhat similar in general approach to Ottolenghi in that they use super fresh ingredients and flavours to create quick 'grab and go' food along with 'stay and relax and have a great meal' food. No matter which it is, the options are beautiful and scrumptious.
I struggled to pick at both breakfast and lunch and throughly enjoyed every item I had!!!

• Visited July 2013