“Excellent food, friendly & professional service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fitzrovia

Fitzrovia
Reserve with
Fitzrovia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 280 Restaurants in St Kilda
Cuisines: Australian, Cafe, European, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Overlooking Albert park and breathtaking city views, Fitzrovia has pride of place in our beautiful Federation mansion house with pressed tin ceilings, hand-made brick work, stained glass, baltic pine floors and a host of wonderful original features. From 7am through till late at night, our kitchen produces some of the area's most innovative dishes, made entirely from local Victorian produce, with a strong European style. Our menus change regularly with the seasons, so take a look at our website to see what we are doing!
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent food, friendly & professional service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

When we arrived at Fitzrovia, there was no record of our booking (made through a restaurant booking site) Although Fitzrovia was fully booked, in no time a table was conjured up, and we were made to feel most welcome. The initial table was a little small for three, so attentive staff combined another table with ours as soon as another party left, once again demonstrating their customer focus and attention. All we had to do was concentrate on our food & wine. And it was great--really interesting little share dishes including a take on spring rolls that was delicious & original, excellent slow cooked beef ribs & a lovely pork belly dish, and some refreshing and different side salads. Deserts looked good, but we didn't want our eyes to be bigger than our stomaches, so we retired gracefully. The wine list was full of interest and reasonably priced, with a good selection by the glass. All up we spent $268 for three, which included predinner drinks & a lovely Victorian Shiraz--a lovely night all round, and very good value.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Indonesian first
Los Angeles, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful little place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Gorgeous little cafe facing the park, right in the middle of all the action on Fitzroy. We sat outside every time we went because the weather was perfect, but the inside decor looked so tasteful.
The wait staff is all gorgeous and the owner, Marco, is lovely! On our first night my friend went there to eat solo while I napped and he came and kept her company! He also gave us tons of recommendations on other restaurants to try and places to see.
The drinks are strong and the food is absolutely delicious, unique and beautifully presented. We only had five days in Melbourne but kept coming back for more!

• Visited February 2013
“An affair to remember!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had an affair on my husband tonite!

This evening I had dessert only at FITZROVIA , after an earlier dinner at ABC-TV Melb.The dish I had was the Double Chocolate Fondant with Vanilla Bean Ice-cream.
This dish I found myself eating with my eyes closed because my body was instinctively not wanting to share any of my other senses except TASTE alone with this heavenly creation.

I have never experienced the sensory luxuriousness of a dish the way I just did.
It literally moved me to tears.I felt like I was making love with this dish,I savoured every mouthful like a first kiss!! I know it sounds dramatic but it was truly an unforgettable experience!

To the chef at FITZROVIA ,thank you-I will always remember -the first time we made love!!!!!

See you again soon,x

Brisbane, Australia
“Very trendy and different”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Went for breakfast/brunch recently. Very different menu and most delightful variety. Very busy but we only waited 20 minutes for a table for 6. This restaurant was recommended to me by a family member living in Melbourne and we are so glad they did. The fresh fruit and couscous was excellent and my wife loved the french toast. Looking forward to trying dinner next time in Melbourne.

• Visited February 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“very nice!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Beautiful venue, gets very busy very quikly after 7.30pm. Loved the open kitchen where u c the chefs working and how everything is cooked and prepered. Perfect hygine! Cosy atmosfere, not too noisy and with nerby parking. Staff were nice, food takes time to arrive as everything is freshly prepered (I watched, we sat close to the kitchen) so dont go if u r short on time. Its perfect when u enjoy company and conversation while dining. Food looked stunning, presentation of a pricy restaurant, yet much more affordable. Very tasty! Pasta was generously graced with mushrooms and sauce, elsewhere u get full bowl of cheap pasta with very few veg in there, so very impressed with their cooking. Great menu options, We all had a beautiful time!

• Visited January 2013