“Fantastic!”

Ranked #81 of 309 Restaurants in St Kilda
Cuisines: French
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Embassy at 97 has lovely, friendly staff and a relaxed atmosphere. There is a giant chalkboard with chalk and colouring pencils and colouring books available for the kids as well as magazines and newspapers for the rest of us. The food is ranging from eggs to focaccia to traditional French food. While there is no specific children's menu, the chef is happy to do smaller portions. There is no charge for baby chinos and they have a great everyday special of coffee with a freshly baked on premises muffin, for $5! Seating is bench-style and there are tables outside: both on the footpath and in a small courtyard, meaning that you can sit with a group. Also of note is that there is a tram-stop directly outside the door.
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I lived everything abou the place, the open kitchen, the food, the atmosphere everything.

Typically French restaurant offering a wide range if tasty dishes. I particularly lived the duck a l'orange.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We were fortunate enough to purchase a Groupon deal at Embassy otherwise we would not have found this treasure.
Entree. we ordered an escargot and a scallop dish. we received 2 scallop dishes (a bit of a communication problem) which were succulent with a creamy sauce. a couple of toasted bread pieces made sure that none of the sauce was wasted.
Mains. Lamb shank served on a bed of mash with a carrot and celery braise. The best shank i have ever tasted. My wife had beef wellington, cooked to perfection, with mushroom sauce and veggies. The beef was tender and pink and the veggies garden fresh.
Desert was a medley of french inspired pastries, brûlée, ice-cream and mouse.
An throughly enjoyable meal in pleasant surroundings. 9/10.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Second time we have been to this restaurant and both times we were more than satisfied. Staff very obliging and chef has wonderful fresh French homestyle but with restaurant touch meals. We have been hooked. Initially we went from a voucher deal but can see ourselves becoming regulars in this intimate French restaurant. Well worth a try.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Using an online voucher my sister booked us in for a French meal. I didn't have high expectations. It is a quaint restaurant and probably only seats about 40 -50 people. The moment you walk in the door you feel transported to a part of Paris. The waitstaff are attentive and very pleasant. I had mussels for entree which were delicious and very tender with loads of garlic and a substantial sized serving. I chose Beef Wellington for mains which was a large eye fillet of beef in a parcel of pastry. The serving was most generous. The "surprise" dessert was a "tapas" style selection of 5 desserts. All were delicious. We did have to wait quite a long time between courses which was quite understandable as there was only one person waiting on tables and one chef/cook preparing meals. I recommend this restaurant for it's ambience, easy access (directly opposite a tram stop) and the flavoursome food. The prices are reasonable (around $30-$33 for mains).

1  Thank vk0036
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I had an excellent meal here. They prepared an excellent steak tartare for me which was not on the menu. Service was friendly if slightly slow due to kitchen rush but worth the wait. Would definitely go back again without a doubt . Don't judge by first impressions on arriving this place is worth every $$ you spend . Couldn't fault it at all . Believe me I've spent 5 times as much on dinner and had worse meals . GO THERE. !