“Pretty Average”

Amigos Acland
Ranked #77 of 297 Restaurants in St Kilda
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mexican inspired dishes - come try us for something a little different!
Reviewed August 15, 2012

It's certainly not very authentic Mexican! We ordered corn chips and Guacamole dip to share - the dip was fine but the corn chips were just very average - sometimes Mexican restaurants have great corn chips - guess these were just cheap ones. We order the beef burritos for mains and the size of the meal was fine but pretty tasteless. The accompanying rice was completely flavourless and the burritos were full of shredded meat (also tasteless)- and there was no garnish or presentation. We had a couple of sangrias which were fine.

The tables are very very small and packed together tightlyl and wouldn't like to be here if it was crowded. I think you could certainly find better options on Acland St than this!

There are newer reviews for Amigos Acland

Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

My husband took me here for dinner. It has a trendy, groovy vibe and popular with all. The seating is a bit squashy. We had a table for two but I was privy to conversations of my fellow diners, which was a little uncomfortable. The meals we ordered were tasty and satisfying but costly. Our dinner for two included drinks, no dessert, and came in at $80+. I would recommend it for a group meal.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I just spent a week in Melbourne visiting the "Great Ocean Road". Melbourne is famous for its great resturaunts, but in my book this is not one of them. Whilst the staff were friendly and the service was good, the food was dire. I ordered a chicken burrito that came padded with what I would describe as watery lettuce or cabbage - I dont know. It also tasted strangely fish like. The cheese dip was ordinary and the taco's mediocre. To top it off it is way over priced for what you got. I am sorry but this one failed badly.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Ok guy if you want eat than you have to avoid the place like amigos mcdonald or subway, but if is 1 o'clock in the morning ok

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Food was ok. But ended up paying $84 for a lunch for two people. Only showed price for half serve on the menu and the price ended up being another 10 bucks extra each. Drinks were also pretty expensive for basics