Quality Hotel Parklake Shepparton
$84
$79
Country Home Motor Inn(Shepparton)(Great Value!)
$79
$76
Pines Country Club Motor Inn(Shepparton)(Great Value!)
$110
Addison Motor Inn(Shepparton)
$97
$92
Agoda.com
Courtyard Motor Inn(Shepparton)(Great Value!)
$82
$80
$96
$88
  • Restaurant
Shepparton Bell Tower Motor Inn(Shepparton)(Great Value!)
$85
$80
Priceline
Paradise Lakes Motel(Shepparton)(Great Value!)
$75
$69
Hotwire.com
All reviewsacross the roaddeluxe roomindoor poolattended a conferencefull buffetgreat roomgreat restaurantcomfortable bedonsite restauranthot watercomfortable staystaff were friendlyspalakemotelparkmirror
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The actual bedrooms have been renovated and are very nice with a big 42 inch TV. However the bathrooms are very old and dated. The room I stayed in had a "shower in bath" setup and the shower was very low and pointed out from the wall running across the bath instead of down the length of the bath. This made it particularly awkward and uncomfortable having a shower as the shower curtain stuck to my back while I was standing up against the shower head getting squirted at my chest - I couldn't adjust the shower head either.

The rest of the place is nice though - good restaurant, nice breakfasts, nice little pool and a good distance from the town centre.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room with the shower in the bath!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Juzzy82
Parklake, Manager at Quality Hotel Parklake Shepparton, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to share your experiance. You may be interested to know we have fully renovated rooms available. If you visit http://www.parklake.com.au/compare-rooms you will be able to review a full list of our room types. The restaurant is a very popular dining destination, we are gald you enjoyed the menu. Once again thank you for the feedback, regards Parklake Management

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed here for two nights and really enjoyed it. Stayed on the third floor, older style room but spacious, comfortable and great bed and tv. Traditional service, courtesy and services offered here, really appreciated the level of old fashioned attitudes and courtesy from all staff. The restaurant was excellent, we had the steak which was perfectly cooked and presented. The restaurant stands alone in its quality and food. Overall, we would definitely recommend this place, can't find much if anything that wasn't pleasant. Special mention to Audrey who went out of her way and is probably an icon in this establishment. Yes, definitely recommend, thank you.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 64, older style but very spacious, we liked it.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank loveachardy

Thank you for kind review. Audrey is fantastic and has been part of the Parklake family for many years now. I have passed your lovely comments onto her. The restauarnt is very popular with steaks being a speciality for our Chef. Hopefully we can see you at the Parklake again soon.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Exceptional Country Hospitality, Service, and 'Absolute Value for Money' accommodation with outstanding friendly service. From the moment, you arrive at the reception desk you’re met with a genuine warm smile and the staff have an uncanny ability to make you feel immediately at ease knowing they will take care of everything you need. The rooms are very well appointed with very comfortable beds, tidy, very clean and well-appointed unsuits, and the rooms with a spa are a gem after a long day on the road. My pick is the serviced apartments, now they will impress the most fastidious traveller, and I’m one of those travellers’. You really want for nothing here. The restaurant is a destination venue and a must dine experience, which is frequented by locals; and that makes a statement in its own right. The menu is modestly priced and over delivers in quality and value for money. The staff are very attentive to your every need without being overbearing making sure everything is in order. They are very competent in suggesting wines to match the quality meals served by the chef and work tirelessly to ensure you have a 'dining experience' that you will remember.

Room Tip: The Serviced appartments are the gem of the business. Rooms are spaciouse, exceptionally well appointed. Extremely modestly priced for their quality and value they offer. Indulge yourself and spend what you save in their restaurant which will amaze you with their quality dishes and personal service by the stqaff who want to make your experience the most memorable.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AlexBerry2013
Parklake, Manager at Quality Hotel Parklake Shepparton, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Thank you Alex for the very kind comments. Hopefully we see you in Shepparton again soon – Kinds Regards, Parklake Management

Reviewed December 10, 2013

The location is great being opposite the lake but that is the only positive.
My room was shabby and outdated with peeling wallpaper and without a separate shower. The bath was marked while the taps were broken and chipped.
When I complained I was offered another room or a glass of wine but as I had got in late and leaving straight after breakfast, I didn't see the point.
I am a corporate client and a member of their hotel chain with platinum status. This qualifies me for free upgrades but in this case the exact opposite was given as they do have recently renovated rooms.
I won't be staying again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Parklake, Manager at Quality Hotel Parklake Shepparton, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Hi Cheryl, thank you for your feedback. We have 7 different room types at the Parklake. Please go to http://www.parklake.com.au/compare-rooms and you can review the different type of rooms we offer. I am sorry the staff member was not aware of your platinum status, I would encourage you to show your platinum card at the time of check in to receive a complimentary upgrade. I am pleased you were offered the upgrade from the standard room booked. If you require any further information please don’t hesitate to contact the property. Kind Regards – Parklake Management

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Our room was kept clean although outdated, we stayed in a room that had a double, a single and two sofa beds (which we couldn't use because they were so old and lumpy, so uncomfortable even for my 6 and 8 year old kids). This was not the "family" room I had asked for when I contacted them a day before, but we still managed to move things around so the kids were comfortable and I didn't think it was necessary to complain.
The facilities such as the indoor heated pool and spa would have been excellent if they were in fact "heated"! We were very disappointed as we had booked this hotel so that our kids could actually go swimming in a heated pool. Another family we met were also quite disappointed as this was their second time here and the pool is still not heated. We both complained and were informed that they had new generators etc. and maintenance would look into it. Of course nothing was done, even the spa was not hot at all, another family also complained about this.

So we brought our kids to the Aquatic centre across the road and they had a ball, only a few dollars to get in, they had a water slide and a mini wave pool and kids water activities, it was a lot of fun for them.
We didn't eat in their restaurant because there were a few options outside, within walking distance.
The location is really good, walking distance to supermarkets and take-away restaurants.
Lots of parking for cars within the complex. Our room faced a major road but didn't bother us as it was pretty quite. There is a bar downstairs and the night we stayed we could hear a band playing until late at night.
We had some issues with the hotel taking funds from my credit card when I had already paid cash upon check-in, it was fixed as soon as I contacted them, but it was just an inconvenience to have to make the call and wait all day to hear from them. I was informed that they only required credit card details for security purposes and no funds would be taken out. To my surprise a few days later when I checked my statement $220 was taken out!
My advise if you book this hotel for their facilities, contact them first and ask if everything is in working order, otherwise stay elsewhere cheaper and take your kids to the Aquatic centre!

Room Tip: When booking make a request for certain room type and bedding and make sure you do get the right one. Also check if heated pool and spa are "heated".
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Parklake, Manager at Quality Hotel Parklake Shepparton, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you for providing us with feedback on your stay. The Parklake has an outdoor pool, heated indoor pool, heated indoor spa and sauna. Unfortunately during your time of stay the water heater for the indoor pool had a mechanical fault. We were able to get this resolved within a week and the indoor pool heated again. Staff at the front desk encouraged guests to use Aquamoves directly across from the property and we are happy the kids had a wonderful time there. Please don’t hesitate to call management if you need anything further.
Kind regards – Parklake Management