“Great Breakfasts” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Teller Collective
Ranked #8 of 121 Restaurants in Shepparton
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Teller Collective restaurant offers quality dining for lunch Wed-Sat & dinner Tues-Sat. We make the best of available local & seasonal produce.
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Breakfasts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Up on the trend of Melbourne Food. Great breakfasts and Dinnee has been awesome too. The Desserts have been yummy. Menu seems to change a lot to move with the seasons.

Visited May 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“" far to loud "”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Food was ok but far to loud for my liking not a good place to catch up as you carnt here and the people sitting be side you are so close not for me.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gtm972
Toolamba, victoria
“Excellence every visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

We've been to The Teller Collective quite a few times now and covered breakfast, lunch and dinner. Every visit has been delightful and with the menu regularly changing, there's always something new to try. The food is always top notch, the prices are reasonable and the service is very good. In fact, the best steak I've ever had was at The Teller Collective and it was such a shame that I didn't order it! My wife gloated for a fair while after that.

I find that the atmosphere is sometimes a little loud downstairs for me because I'm a bit hard of hearing, but I get that at most restaurants so I'm not hung up on that.

It's great news to hear that they have been rewarded with a chef's hat in the Good Food Guide. I'll be going back again and again and again.

• Visited September 2012
Shepparton
“Will keep trying...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is the fourth visit to Teller and each time has been a bit different. I'll list each one separately so you can judge for yourself.
- Visit #1 - not long after they opened in Shepparton. Breakfast with the family. Cleared our own plates away, table was covered in glasses, coffee cups etc. but every time a waitress bought more coffee, they ignored the cups already there. Also lipstick on sister's coffee cup. She wasn't wearing lipstick! When this was pointed out, waitress barely acknowledged the issue. We all left with a bad taste that day
- Visit #2 - attempted breakfast again. this time with the girlfriends. Menu had changed from last time and I wasn't as interested as in the previous breakfast menu. Service much better and even though we were outside (completely full inside) we were not forgotten at all.
- Visit #3 Dinner with the girls mid week. Lovely dinner - we shared entrees from the "plates to share" section of the menu and everything was perfect. Good wine selection. Three of us loved our mains - pork belly for me was a winner! Not too noisy as the place was half empty.
- Visit #4 Dinner with partner mid week - Food great. Felt ignored. Not sure if they were leaving us to have a romantic intimate dinner for two and didn't want to interrupt or whether we weren't interesting enough. But after 15 minutes of trying to stare down each waitress to asking "excuse me" as they flew past, I eventually walked up to the counter and got some service.
- Visit #5 - birthday dinner with girlfriends. Food great. But the place was packed. Not just full but really packed in. 5 on our table and I could not hear anyone except the person immediately next to me and only when they leaned in to speak to me. Person directly opposite I could hear if i leaned over the table. The other two on our table, i gave up before we got entrees because there was really no point.

In summary:
I like the food better in Shepparton than in their previous restaurant in Mooroopna. I can be a little fussy and their previous menu I always struggled with. Not this one. I can always find half a dozen things I want to eat. Sometimes makes ordering difficult!
Don't eat there when it's packed unless you're not a huge fan of whoever you're eating with and don't really care what they have to say. You won't hear them anyway.
They do split bills and don't complain about it - this is a bonus when you eat out with friends.
I love their menu - absolutely love it. Interesting, fresh, local.
Service - seems to depend on the day of the week and the occasion. I will keep going back. Most interesting menu in Shepparton and I have mostly enjoyed my experiences there.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Arcadia, Victoria
“Best in Shepp by far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Matt is the finest chef in the city by a margin; his five-course degustation upstairs is particularly worth booking for, at a very reasonable price - he only does it Sundays in winter so check first. Downstairs food is always very good and the coffee excellent, but the venue is noisy when full, which is often.

Visited August 2012