“here's the serenity”

Paradise Lakes Motel
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Shepparton
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed here a couple of times and it's always been a happy experience. The motel is only a short drive from the town centre and an even shorter one from the Riverside Plaza, so it's easy to get provisions.The hosts are lovely friendly people, the rooms spacious and clean.The beds have been comfortable, the rooms come with a microwave and where else in Shepparton can you go to sleep lulled by the muted chorus of ducks? It's lovely to watch the sun set over the lake at day's end,and we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank 2genies

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed here when in Shepparton for my great-niece's christening. Although not in the centre of town, it is not very far to drive in and is lovely and quiet. The rooms were huge - we had a queen bed, single bed and a rollaway bed and there was still plenty of room for the table and couch in the room. The bathroom was large and clean and plenty of hot water for the shower. The staff are very friendly and were able to accomodate our request for a late checkout which was really appreciated. The motel is situated right behind the Emerald Lakes with a cafe, pot werx, antique shop, motor museum and miniature railway. This gave us something to do that was close by and catered for most of our groups interest areas.

Room Tip: We had rooms 24,25 and 26 which are the last ones and I felt they were really quiet. Our room 26 was...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Aleksandra F
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed here for two nights as a family. The room was very spacious and clean. The motel is a little out of town, which didn't bother us as it was nice and quiet. The bathroom was also very big but the space could have been utilised better with a larger shower. The motel did say it had been recently renovated, however I'm not sure how recently, but it was comfortable enough. The room had a small kitchenette with microwave which was handy. Overall it was a comfortable and pleasant stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank babybeatlebug
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Just outside of Shepparton, in Kialla, this place was fantastic. Rooms were clean (i.e. happy to walk around bare foot clean) and spacious. We stayed in a family room with 1QB and 2SBs all in the one room (typical motel set up)

Amenities in the room were all sufficient. Only drawback (for some) may be that our room had a shower only (i.e. no bath - a non-issue for us)

Pool area was fantastic. Had a heated spa, spa size kiddie pool and swimming pool. There was a lovely bbq/picnic area too under a huge shade cloth to protect you from the sun

Staff were very welcoming and happy to help.

The Geese and Ducks were an added bonus. Kids loved having around 50 birds to wake up to each morning.

As it's out of town, grocery store (and a few shops) was a couple of minutes down the road. Shepp town was only a couple of extra minutes further.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I stayed here whilst celebrating Christmas with my girlfriends family, staff were incredibly friendly during my 2 day stay, room was very comfortable. Very happy to recommend!
It is a nice quiet area of town, not too far out of Shepparton/Kialla. \
I did not have a chance to experiance the breakfast but the menu choices were vast :)
I will definitely be coming back

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I recently stayed here with my husband + 2 young children while visiting family. I have stayed at a few other motels in shepparton but i have never stayed at this place before because i thought it was too far from town and no much to do out there for my kids, but it was recommended to me and to be honest I was amazed at just how excellent and wonderful it was! It was so much more then I expected and well worth the 10 minute drive in and out of town!!

The rooms were exceptional in cleanliness and quite large and spacious to fit my entire family and they also contained a microwave which was very handy and had Austar and free internet to entertain the kids. When we booked over the phone the lady was very lovely And offered us a variety of room options and prices to suit my needs so I could made a decision to meet my budget. They have a fantastic outdoors area and lovely garden with a lot of space for the kids to run around and play with a pool, spa and free BBQ area undercover overlooking a lake with lots of ducks (we even spotted a rabbit running past!) Much to my surprise right next door there was mini golf and a windmill cafe/chocolate shop there was also a miniature train but that was not running the time we went.
The managers were very nice and helpful recommending some lovely places to eat and visit in town. Overall this motel was absolutely exceptional and I would recommend it to everyone I know!! I will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: November 2012
Paradise_Lakes, Owner at Paradise Lakes Motel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Many thanks for your kind review of our property, as owners of the property we are very happy to see you enjoyed us and the surroundings we offer.
We hope to see you and your family again some time in the future.

Richard & Judy

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was my second visit here and it was as lovely as the first, the staff are just wonderful, the rooms are clean and a great size, atmosphere is divine being out of town and plenty of outdoor space, family suites are perfect for planning a family trip, the pool and hot tub are an added bonus to help make your stay relaxing as possible! This is also the first motel I have stayed in this year that has actually working wifi ( I have stayed in numerous lately)

This motel doesn't allow party bookings or tour bookings eg netball, football, bucks nights so your guaranteed and nice peaceful time during your stay.

And of course the price is very very reasonable compared to most places, great value for money!

Room Tip: The spa suites are divine :)
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family