A bit of a mixed bag, this one. We booked by phone and were pleased to get an apartment with a lake view. However, when we turned up, we found 1) the automated check in thing was not working, for us or others, so we had to call the off site management (apparently 100 km away), and 2) we had been allocated an apartment at the very, very back of the complex, with absolutely no view of anything. Back to the phone and we were told we hadn't booked a lake view room (wrong!) and there were none available, and in any case they were more expensive. Then they said they would give us a lake room anyway, and move someone else out, and that that person would probably like an "upgrade" to a room with a spa. Feeling guilty we took the lake view room - so if you got bumped to a back room, sorry!. It made us wonder, so which is supposed to be the better room - the "dearer" lake view, or the "upgrade" spa room? We felt this indicated management were inclined to play fast and loose with the guests - disappointing.
Unfortunately this was not to be our only call to the management, we had to call a number of times subsequently, with issues like:
- we booked for five people. Why are there only four forks?!
- light over the sink not working (the cleaner came with a light globe but then said, oh, that light, we can't get the globe out, we've been telling management for ages and they don't fix it)
- no oven tray
- no can opener
Some of these things were pretty trivial but if you market the apartment as having a full kitchen, it should have these things! Some places I've stayed have checklists for the kitchens. Other things like glasses were in short supply too.
Apart from that, it was very good. The apartments are walking distance to the shops of the city, the lake and pool / leisure complex are over the (busy) road, and there is a large playground by the pool as well. There is notable traffic noise in the front apartments - those with the views - but we live in a noisy place too so that wasn't so bad. The locals do seem to hoon up and down the street in the dark of night though. There's a good restaurant at the hotel a block north up the road.
The rooms were very clean, and decent quantities of consumables like laundry detergent and dishwasher tablets, which is always nice. The room had three split system air conditioners which were quiet and effective. We felt the price was good for the quality of the rooms.
The perennial problem of chairs was present - there were only four dining chairs, so we brought in an outside chair for our fifth person, who had a folding bed supplied. There was at least plenty of room for the folding bed in the second bedroom (it could as easily have gone in the other bedroom - both were a very good size), and what you could do to use all the wardrobe space in both bedrooms, I have no idea - huge!
Overall, we'd probably stay there again if we were to stay in Shepp, but we'd be much more careful with booking, and insist on written confirmation of important details.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shepparton Central Apartments are 4 star rated spacious modern 2 bedroom apartments. They are tastefully furnished and have a fully equipped kitchen, large screen TV and DVD player and some have a double spa bath and lake views. The apartments are located directly opposite Lake Victoria where you'll find walking tracks, playgrounds, seasonal canoe hire, the skate park and undercover BBQ's. The apartments are also located within walking distance to the CBD and your choice of A La Carte, Cafe style, family dining or Fast Food options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Central Shepparton Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.