“Budget friendly, Wonderfully Accommodating”
Review of Ibis Styles Sale

Ibis Styles Sale
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Sale
Melbourne, Australia
“Budget friendly, Wonderfully Accommodating”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Firstly I want to address the Managers & Staff.
Thank you. Everyone of you that my husband and I met on the 5 days we were in Sale. Each of you that we met were lovely, helpful and went beyond the scope of your job descriptions. My stay was made very comfortable, not just in the room, but mainly because of the way the staff treated us.

We had previously stayed in August 2012 and we were looking forward to returning, I knew the room I wanted, I knew the meal we were going to order and I knew that it would be a stress free business trip. When I rang however the room I wanted was taken, the service hours had changed for meals and the restaurant would not be open on the night I wanted to entertain guests. I started to panic. Sue however took charge of the phonecall (from me) and worked things out. In less than 5 mins I was handing over my details and was back to feeling confident of our stay. Super friendly and I believe in that moment of panic Sue could sense that I was suffering and took the reigns and got us sorted out.

I am mobility impaired, stairs are not an option, so I can only comment on the lower rooms.
Room 6 (August) & Room 18 (May).
Both were clean, easily accessible and fresh.
The rooms are basic. Queen beds, couches, coffee table, desk, tv & storage. The ensuites are neat, clean and accessible. My husband did make the comment however about the height of the mirror (he's 5'4").

I asked for a toaster in the room and additional towels and both were found upon our checkin.
We had breakfast the 1st morning in the restaurant (which is lovely & cosy and clean) however the next morning Sue was gracious enough for the breakfast to be brought over to the room.

The TV was good, but we're DVD watchers and that was 1 thing we didn't ask about was a DVD Player for the room so spent the nights with laptops on. You will either need to ask about a DVD player or take a portable one with you to plug in. (Which we will do next time).

The rest of the stay was certainly about great care & attention from all the staff members, and no ask was ever too hard, and no request was put in the hard basket.

As we were checking out Sue & Ian came out to say goodbye, I was in the car, and it felt like I was leaving friends. I look forward to our next business trip to Sale and taking our son up there.

If you are looking for a place that is clean, budget friendly, just outside of town with amazingly helpful hosts then this is the hotel for you.

*At the time of writing this, there was good strong free wi-fi

Room Tip: - Tell the staff what you need, even if it is quirky - If you have problems with stairs, make sure...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mrsKLB09
Ian P, General Manager at Ibis Styles Sale, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
WOW! Thank you so much for this great review, we are truely humbled. We are looking into DVD players for our gusts to use in their rooms as we speak. We look forward to welcoming you back, with your Son in the near future. All the very best, Ian Sue and Cooper!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The Princeton Hotel has changed names again - now called the Ibis Styles Sale. Old style ground and first floor units on two buildings. The hotel is located on the highway about 1km from the centre of the town (no noise problems from passing vehicles). Parking is available outside your unit in an open area parking - there is parking for larger vehicles. The food was great and probably one of the better places to eat in town, re quality of the meal. The room are a bit tied and old, but are still kept clean and fresh. Rear glass sliding door from the accommodation unit leads to grassed area of the hotel. The staff were great and will assist you in any way possible. The shower pressure was low, but I believe there is still a bit of water rationing in the area. I have stayed at the hotel previously and would return when travelling through the area. And yes - they have FREE WiFi internet.

Room Tip: I prefer the ground floor units as you don't have to walk up the stairs with your baggage.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ian P, General Manager at Ibis Styles Sale, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thanks Greg, glad you had a great time with us, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

From the time we walked in the front door to be greeted by Sue we have nothing but praise. After totally confusing the poor lady, we had booked 5 rooms, she was extremely patient and only had our comfort in mind. The rooms were very clean and the bed was probably the most comfortable I have slept in, besides my own. The rooms were tastefully decorated and spacious. Sue recommended a local bistro for dinner which was excellent, not expensive and the food very good with good service. Continental or hot breakfast was offered and was very nice and not expensive. I would highly recommend this motel if you are wanting a clean, comfortable and quiet room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KathrynPP
Kathryn, thank you so much for the delightful review. Sue was overjoyed when she read this, and all the comments have been passed in to relevent departments. See you again!
Caloundra, Australia
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The floors in the room were very dirty, I took my shoes off and my feet soon became black. The fridge was very noisy and it kept us awake. The staff do not work on Sunday, so our room was not serviced that day. The relieving Manager was very pleasant. I would not recommend this place to another one. No hot breakfast Saturday morning as the chef does not work, so we did not eat there at all. We had 1 cup and saucer, 1 mug, I had to go and ask for extra cup and saucer. Not a lot of detail to service. The place needs a good clean and they need to take more detail as to what is in the rooms. The fridge needs to be put in an enclosed cupboard so as to eliminate the noise for the sleeping patrons. Old air conditioner in room, far to noisy to leave on while sleeping.

Regards Lyn Horner

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your review. The problems have been addressed with our relief manager, however, these things should not have happened. The carpet in your room has been cleaned, and missing items has been addressed with housekeeping. The fridges are being replaced, as are the airconditioners.
We look forward to welcoming you in the future and we will upgrade you to our Superior Suites

Travelers are raving about these Sale hotels

Reviewed April 28, 2013

My first disappointment was when I was told that breakfast was only served for one hour, 7:30 - 8:30. This mean't I missed out due to a business appointment. The room was spacious & clean but the bathroom could do with a refurbishment. Also I am 165cm tall and could not see my whole face in the mirror as it was positioned too high. I had dinner in the restaurant which was fine, the service was good and the food was nice but when I got back to my room the problems began. I had room 18 and once the tv was switched off I had to deal with a constant loud dripping noise all night due to water from the aircon unit on the floor above dripping onto the compressor outside my room. This meant no sleep at all and this was only compounded by the discovery at 2:30 in the morning that the sliding door to my room did not lock, making me felt very insecure. I did attempt to ring reception but it was after 10pm and there was no answer. I found out the next morning that there was a contact number on reception door but this information is not given out when checking in, you have to notice the sign on the door yourself.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank TMCglobal
Thank you for your review. As we gave you a free upgrade, we are disappointed that these problems arose in our superior suites. We have attended to the dripping noise, which was due to dew dripping from upstairs condtioner, as they don't drip during our colder months. When checking in at reception, all our guests are informed of the dining room times, and if you are leaving earlier than those times, room sewrvice is recommended. Applologies if this was not mentioned to you.
Reception closes at 9pm, but we have an answer machine that is swiched on after hours, with a message facility. We can hear all messages that are left, as they are left, so we can act on any emergency.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future
Gawler, Australia
Reviewed April 22, 2013

After ringing the bell four times I left the motel and returned an hour later to check in. The room was OK, it had been painted recently, but the cistern leaked and was generally in need of a proper refurbishment. The information booklet said that breakfast was available but there was no mention of the prices so we found a great little bakery in town. The motel was nowhere near busy but when we asked for a late checkout we were told that they needed the room so we had to be out by 10am. At 9.15am room service knocked wanting to service the room!! The Ibis group have not done themselves any favours by buying these shabby motels. I booked on the strength of the name but will not go with them again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks fo your comment. Please accept our appologies concerning your recent stay with us. Breakfast is served in our dining room daily, with a choice of hot or cold options, and there should have been a breakfast menu in the compendium for you to order room service.
We look forward to welcoming you back, as this is by no means a reflection on our overall offering, so we would be more than happy to upgrade you to our refurbished wing.
Melbourne
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here overnight at the last minute while visiting family in a nearby town, so we looked to the nearest major town to stay which was Sale. We booked online same day and arrived later that night, we were greeted by a very friendly man at reception whom we believe was the owner. He also kindly advised us they had FREE wi-fi and gave us the password. Wow, what a bonus! Arrived to our superior queen room upstairs and it was a nice, modern, clean room and we were happy to have nice room for the night. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: get a superior queen room!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple