“Very disappointing, from a long time customer.” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Ibis Styles Sale
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Sale
Melbourne, Australia
“Very disappointing, from a long time customer.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this Motel on many occasions over a long period of time, from the original Princeton to the All Seasons and now the Ibis Styles. We always book a room which has the Continental Breakfast included with the room. Very disappointed to have the continental breakfast placed on the counter at check in and informed that it was in fact the included breakfast. The breakfast has always been served in the dining room and has usually been the highlight of the stay. In fact numerous Motel booking sites including Expedia.com.au and trip advisor catagorically state the continental breakfast is served in the dining room. I booked through the Accorhotels site which only listed it as breakfast included but neglected to mention the breakfast is handed to you upon arrival and good luck with that. The whole episode Is very crass and I believe shows utter contemt for your customers. I can assure you, if I wanted my breakfast served in a cardboard box I would have gone to McDonalds. I stayed on the night of the 15th of Febuary 2013 but in future I will more careful of where I book. Simon Morris

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank simon m
The M, Owner at Ibis Styles Sale, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Simon, thank you for your honest review of your recent stay with us in Sale.

I was very dissappointed to read that your experience was poor, particularly regarding the breakfast pack we offered you.

You might be pleased to know that as a consequence of your feedback, we have re-evaluated our breakfast offering and have reverted to opening the breakfast room with a complimentary continental buffett for those guests booking a bed and breakfast rate and opportunity to upgrade to fully cooked breakfast.

I am pleased to say that this has been widely applauded by our guests over the past few weeks and we are confident that our offering now displays both quality and value.

We would welcome the opportunity to showcase our much improved bed and breakfast offering to you when next you are travelling in Gippsland and encourage you to contact our new Managers Ian & Sue Pile on 03 5144 6599 to make a complimentary booking as our guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the ibis Styles Sale sometime soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Cairns, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business and find it to be a decent enough place for a stopover. The motel is a little out of town but only a 2-minute drive.

The gentleman who checked me in was very friendly and I received a complimentary upgrade. The room I was given provided good value for money - not sure if the room I booked would have felt overpriced or not. It was large and clean but not at all modern. My main concerns are the bed and the shower and both of these were very good.

I received the complimentary continental breakfast which included cereal, juice, muesli bar and compote of fruit. Nothing too exciting but I was happy to have it.

I will stay here the next time I pass through Sale.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Eusf1
The M, Owner at Ibis Styles Sale, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us in Sale.

I was pleased to read that you will be staying with us again on your next trip to Sale, we certainly appreciate you choosing to stay with us.

Since your review, we have re-opened our breakfast room and now offer a continental buffett breakfast with the option of ordering a fully cooked breakfast.

This is a much improved offering and has been well received by our guests over the past few weeks. We feel confident that our bed and breakfast now offers quality and value.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the ibis Styles Sale soon.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

It was only quick 1 night stay, so convenient place, clean room was good. It was very spacious compared to any Ibis we stayed before. The couple who greeted us on arrival was very pleasant, and even gave us free 1 x breakfast when we found out <Breakfast included> means only 1 x Breakfast even you make booking for 2 people...
As it was nice gesture, didn't want to complain, but I think it would be best not to mention about that breakfast at all. It was 1 x juice, 1 x small packet of cereal and little milk. That's was all!! I have never had poor breakfast like this before... We ended up buying some fruits, yoghurt from supermarket. I do understand the restaurant was under the renovation, but this shouldn't be described as Continental breakfast. As long as you consider there was no breakfast included, then feels OK!!
As mentioned, room was clean and spacious, small fridge was a little old, but no complaint. Noise from Train early in the morning may bother you if you are light sleeper.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth Aust
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed in a King Spa Room which was good although just your basic motel room with a corner spa. The reception staff were lovely and friendly. A few flaws though, the room had some glass block windows which did not have any covering which meant that the light came in as soon as the sun came up! The housekeeping was dreadful, I have never seen a worse made bed not sure why they bothered and the spa which we had used the night before still had the soap scum around the top of it, our glasses were not cleaned at all. Its a bit out of town. Pluses, this room had a huge 42 inch TV, the air con worked brilliantly. and the bed was very comfortable. The price was a bit on the expensive side for what you get but it did include free wifi which was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at Ibis Styles Sale, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Joja17

I thank you for your comment, Details as follow:
We appreciate your comment about the light reflection thru the glass panels & rectify the problem by installing a curtain.
Soap residues was the result of your own usage of spa the night before as you have mentioned.
Steralizing spa during the guests stay is not part of normal room service unless it is requested by the guests which We always comply with.All spas are cleaned and steralized after each departure.
We will address the beds make up to your satisfaction in the future.

We always hope that any concerns by our valued guests to be discussed with the management during their stay and we will do our best to rectify the issues to our guests sartisfaction.

We wish to offer you a free upgrade if you wish to stay with us again in the future

Bendigo, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

First impressions were bad. Was asked how I would I like to pay when I thought it was already paid for when I booked online. Seems some system wasn't connected. I wasn't advised this which set a bad tone. Customer service was lacking. Continental breakfast was a box of items in our room. Options weren't offered, but rather had to be dragged out when advised of allergies.
Now for some positives. The room was very nice. TV modern and fully operational. Room was fairly quiet. Only a short drive to town or brisk walk.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
, Manager at Ibis Styles Sale, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Cpenna

We thank you for your comments. The breakfast was complimentary and full breakfast menu are in the room if guests wish to order. The bookig was not prepaid and I do apologize for the confusion as it was online booking.
We try very hard to satisfy our guests but there are rare occasions that we do not succeed as We are not infallible.

We wish to offer you a full complimentary breakfast on your next stay if you wish to return to Sale.
Wishing you a happy new year.

Ben
Traralgon, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

My stay at All Seasons Sale
25-41 Princes Highway, Sale, Victoria 3850, Australia (Formerly Princeton Motor Lodge) was vey comforting. Great service, the in room breakfast was already there when I got there. The price was amazing and parking was easy. Would definatly stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Ibis Styles Sale, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Welder Woman

We thank you for your positive comments and pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
Wishing you a happy new year, good health & happiness.

Ben