Tripadvisor

“Business Man”

The Criterion Hotel Bistro
Ranked #26 of 62 Restaurants in Sale
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

If you are heading to East Gippsland to support businesses over a tough time at the moment, stop at The Criterion Hotel in Sale for an awesome feed. Just had the Porterhouse for lunch and it is the best steak I have had in years. ( washed down with a couple of beers)
Great service and friendly staff.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (3)
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Very nice pub restaurant which had been recommended to me as good for food intolerances. The recommendation was spot on! They were able to easily accommodation my need for a gluten free, dairy free, soy free evening meal. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The food was tasty. We didn’t have a booking but they were able to fit us in. What more could we ask for? :)

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 11, 2019

This is a renovated and reinvigorated historic hotel with a very pleasant and quite elegant dining area, but it is not vast and so pre-booking is a good idea (I booked the last available table on a Thursday evening). The food is imaginatively presented with a limited but interesting menu. I had a delicious special salmon and panna cotta which would have been well-received in any Melbourne restaurant. The service was smart, crisp, affable and reliable. I will return!

Date of visit: December 2019