“A wonderful regional motel!”

Comfort Inn Deakin Palms
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Mildura
Brisbane, Australia
“A wonderful regional motel!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

The Deakin Palms is a wonderful surprise after being on the road all day. Large comfortable rooms with a king bed. Very quiet inside with superb air conditioning. The check in was effortless and service was great. The restaaurant on the property was first class. I would recommend this motel highly. I'll be back!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mark T
deakinpalms, General Manager at Comfort Inn Deakin Palms, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Hi Mark
Thanks for your positive feedback. It means a lot to us that our hard work is appreciated by our guests.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in a King Executive room and its great that you enjoyed the restaurant aswell.

Look forward to seeing you again. Just make sure you ring a book ahead as both the restaurant and motel are quite often booked out a couple of a days in advance. (Especially during the week for the motel and on the weekends at the restaurant)

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The room is quite small for a regional motel. It would have been ok if the bed was not one of those that are so springy that if your partner tosses around, you will be thrown around as well! They ought to change their mattresses. Unfortunately, my partner is very restless in bed!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LC888
Hi
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Disappointed to here that you didn't have a good nights sleep because the mattress wasn't to your liking, but unfortunately its hard to cater for everyone. We have both soft and firm mattresses. All of our mattresses are in excellent condition. Some of them are less than 12 months old.
If you thought the room was a little small, I can only assume you stayed in one of our 3 Standard Queen rooms. Next time you may like to try a larger Queen Deluxe room or a King Executive room (our majority room type) or a specialty room like our Studio Apartment, which come with King Bed's and a couch and a nice pool/garden view.

Thanks

Darwin, Australia
Reviewed June 12, 2013

A recent stay booked thru wotif based on the 4 star rating - but gosh quite disappointed really. The rooms were quite small in my view and whilst they had everything that would make them 4 star - it certainly didnt feel like it.
Small things like being a cold nite and turned on the electric blanket and when i got back to the room - discovered the blanket had been turned off at the switch so had a cold bed :(
In fairness, the staff were lovely, the rooms were clean and the layout is great, the property is well kept.. it just seemed quite a small room

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SDDarwin
Hi
Thanks for your review. Glad to hear you thought our staff were welcoming and were impressed with most aspects of our property.
Disappointed you thought the room was a bit small, but our 3 x Standard Queen rooms are our smallest and lowest priced rooms. Next time you might try our King Executive rooms, some of which are only 12 months old.

I'm just a bit confused as to how your electric blanket was turned off at night as our staff will never enter a guests room when they are not there except to service the rooms in the morning. Are you sure you turned it on at the wall?
Our housemaids leave at around 1pm each day and the only other staff members on duty night after that is our front of house office staff who stay in the office until closing time.

Thanks

Canberra
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Mildura was the first stop on a motorcycle journey to Birdsville and beyond. I stayed in the Comfort Inn for one night on the 28.3.13. I had booked online several weeks ahead and paid AUD$120.00 for the room (breakfast not included). My room (# 1) was very clean and comfortable. This establishment has a lovely and spacious garden and lawn area which includes a pool. There are also many adult palm trees which further promote the motel’s 4 Star classification. There is a licensed restaurant on the premises but I did not have a meal there.
The Comfort Inn’s location in Deakin Avenue is also a plus. A shopping centre and various food outlets are within a short walking distance. Even closer, is a McDonalds - which comes handy especially for those with an early departure in mind. In summary: with the exception of the non-available Wi-Fi access during my stay (due to a technical problem), I found the Comfort Inn a pleasant, friendly and comfortable place to stay. In addition, John at the reception was always ready for a chat. Therefore, I have no hesitation to come back one day or to recommend it to family and friends

Room Tip: Booking online is cheaper
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
deakinpalms, Manager at Comfort Inn Deakin Palms, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hi Thilo
Thanks for your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay in one of our standard rooms. Maybe next time you could might try a Queen Deluxe room or King Executive, which are even more comfortable than the standard rooms. It is true that on Easter Thursday we had wifi issues, as our internet providers adsl service went down due to bad weather elsewhere on the night. Some incorrect advice caused us to reset our moden and router, which caused more issues. This has now been fixed and the wifi is now working fine. However, regardless, we are always looking to improve our service, and in early May we will be installing an all new wifi system, with faster speeds and better range, which we are very excited about.

Hope to see you again

All the best
adelaide
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed for 1 night but was very impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms. Well set out and near the pool which is a nice area too. Is located a little way out of the centre of town however; this is not a bad thing as taxi's are available or it is a 5 minute drive to restaurants. We did not get the chance to try the restaurant at the hotel but I hear it is very nice. Will stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hi
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. If you come back, we definitely recommend you try the restaurant, The Rustic Olive as, (without being biased), it is one of the most popular restaurants in Mildura. Just make sure you book in advance, especially on the weekends.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is one of the best motels I have stayed in. The rooms are equipped with everything you need with lovely lighting and decor. The beds are HUGE and very comfortable and the bathroom modern and clean. Although there was very limited phone reception in my room, the beautifully manicured courtyard and pool area which my room lead out onto made up for the fact that I had to use my phone outside. Oh, and free wifi!

The best thing about this motel is the fantastic staff. Very helpful and friendly and they go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. We had a large bag of laundry that needed to be washed by for we left for Western Australia and the lovely man at the front counter said we couldn't access the laundry late at night because it would wake other patrons. Instead he took the laundry and washed and dried it and stayed up until it was finished and delivered it to our door. How's that for service!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 1984_nl
deakinpalms, General Manager at Comfort Inn Deakin Palms, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Hi
Thanks for your comments. I was more than happy to do your washing for you in our linen laundry late at night and your positive feedback makes the sometimes long hours we do, all worthwhile. Much appreciated.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed here in March 2013 as I was not happy with my previous accomodation in Mildura. I travel to Mildura for work every couple of months and I'm very pleased I decided to pop in and have a look here! I stayed in Room 6 ( Spa room ) and although I had no time for a spa, it's a larger room which I do prefer. It was clean, comfortable and very quiet - no main road noise at all from those rooms. I asked if a microwave was available, and of course nothing is too much trouble for John. He delivered one to my room within minutes. And another bonus is you earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points here as well..! The pool and outdoor area is well maintained and a lovely spot to relax, especially on a warm balmy night. I have found my new 'home away from home'! Thankyou, see you again soon!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
deakinpalms, General Manager at Comfort Inn Deakin Palms, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Hi Jennifer
Thanks for taking the time to comment and for also referring one of your friends to stay with us aswell. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. John has been with us for several years now and he is a valued member of our team. When you book with us direct (not on 3rd party websites), you are not only able to get Qantas Points, but you can also receive Choice Privileges Points or Velocity Points (but only one of these per stay).
If you don't think you will use the Spa, maybe you might want to try one of our newly built Superior King rooms next time.
We look forward to hopefully seeing you in a couple of months time.