All reviews rose garden buffet breakfast chandelier room pizza cafe the river across the road hotel is in a great location old style car parking long weekend water pressure room was large the main street murray eateries australia
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Reception staff were lovely, including those servicing the rooms. Disappointed that such a lovely old building is now run down, the decor was out of sync and should keep to it original era. The furniture is cheap, mid 80s carpet and paint misses the mark. I probably had a higher expectation after first walking through the beautiful foyer and gardens. I have a sore hip from sleeping there 2 nights. Why are beds so hard in hotels, the main job of any accommodation is a comfortable bed, you really only have 1 job people! An olde world facelift, comfortable mattress and I'll be back for sure. For goodness sake get rid of the fake dropped ceiling!

Trip type: Traveled with family
QHMG, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Mildura Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to provide comments and feedback on your recent stay at our Hotel.
It was disappointing to read the room allocated to you was not to your liking and you experienced disturbance. We discuss all reviews with our Staff, to assist us on continually improving our services and facilities, so we appreciate your honesty and critique.

We do hope we can welcome you back at another time.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The minute we arrived at check in we were greeted by Gegan who was rude, called us “ guys” and gave us one of the worst rooms in the property . The promised wine and complimentary platter arrived many hours after the check in because Gegan couldn’t get off her ass to give it to us and we got it in a second room because we complained about the first one. This room was upstairs , had cigaret buts on the balcony despitvit being a smoke free hotel. The worst part of this room was the moving bed the terrible mattress and the terrible noise the bathroom fan made every time we turned on the k
Light. Thanks to Rebecca We finally got another room downstairs which is what we booked only to have to listen to a group of very loud ladies drinking near our balcony for several hours.
Owners! it’s time to update an upgrade the carpets which are dirty the showers are grotty and the mattresses are terrible. It should be all about comfort not facade

Room tip: Find another prooerty
1  Thank devittkathy
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

On our way to “Broken Heel” festival. So
had a night in Mildura. The Grand is hotel of choice based on previous stays. As a hotel it’s always been a “rabbit warren” with so many rooms and floors. Executive room interesting!!! Particularly liked the tv viewing area behind the door. Uncomfortable bed. Loud room location with a exit door directly opposite and from the room above. Reception team not the most approachable. Hence the 3 stars.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here at the start of a recent event. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Hotel has a nice feel to it and is walking distance to everything. A safe bet if in Mildura. I enjoyed my stay. Short stroll to good restaurants and cafes.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2019 via mobile

This is my second stay at The Grand. Both business trips. My first experience was 6 months ago; a room in the old building. Cheaper and no window to speak of. This trip was two nights in a pool-side room - situated in the new wing. Whilst I love the original building the new rooms are a great. Bit noisy from the adjacent bar yet nothing major. The beds are to-die-for-comfort. Room a fabulous size. The only let down is breakfast in the morning. No espresso?! Really?? I know I could go around the corner for a superlative coffee (and I did) but when my organisation pays all charge backs it makes sense to provide good coffee too! Especially when the bistro and restaurant are so so good!!

Date of stay: August 2019