“Not all rooms are grand”

Quality Hotel Mildura Grand
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Mildura
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights arriving 12th December we were given our room , we got to our room and it wasn't in the best position, having stayed here before I requested i we could change to a ground floor room, we were given this and it was a very small dark room. Usually when you request a room change it is similar or better that what you previously had. I went back to reception and explained that we were not happy with this room and if that's it we will take the first room on offer. The young lady on the desk was most rude, and stated to me they you wanted a ground floor room, her attitude was extremely bad and not a great first impression, we were given another room and it was good the rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2013
Kelly W, General Manager at Quality Hotel Mildura Grand, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Marita,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us.

As the Hotel is a heritage building we have many different rooms that vary in size and location, which we think adds to its character and charm. I am sorry to read you were not pleased with the first room you were allocated, but very glad to know that our staff were able to move you to a room that you found to be more comfortable.

I am surprised to read and apologise that your first impression was not a positive one; we pride our selves on high customer service so to read your comments regards to the Receptionist is very disappointing and something I will discuss with my team at length.

Thank you for your patronage, I do hope we can welcome you back to the Hotel again.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I stayed one night in a single room at The Grand Hotel in Mildura and found it adequate for my purposes. I was in Mildura to visit Stephano's restaurant, which was in the hotel's cellar.
The room was very basic but comfortable. The mattress didn't want to stay on its base but once I was settled it was fine.
My tariff included breakfast, which was a reasonable buffet style. The one thing they were out of when I arrived was bacon, and although they kept replenishing other dishes, bacon never returned, which was very disappointing.
I would probably seek a cheaper option if I came again, as it was a little expensive for the style of the room at $99, but it's not bad.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear Trevor,

Thank you for providing a review on our Hotel.
Whilst I thank you for your feedback, as your stay was over 6 months ago it makes it very hard for me to investigate your comments further.

We pride ourselves and consistently receive very positive comments on the full cooked buffet breakfast we offer, so I am sorry to read that you were not completely satisfied.
Again thank you for your comments and I do hope we can welcome you back to the Hotel.

Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

I spent the weekend at the grand and it was good, our room was nice a tidy only small, but we managed to fit a porta-cot for our 6 month. Great location to centrel Mildura and the river was only a short walk. I loved the old building yeah it's not the newest place in town, but it has character!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Would recommend this hotel our room was clean and had plenty of space with view over a nice swimming pool, plenty of eating/drinking places. Hotel is very central and close to the Murray river cruise quay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with pool view
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We have stayed here many times over the last 45 years ...seen lots of changes ...some good ...some not so good ...but on this last trip very happy to see the place getting back to the old fashioned charm it once had.....room are clean...nothing it to much for the staff always trying to please ....close to amazing restaurants .....If you are looking for that something special you can not go past this place ...rooms are great depending on what you want ...breakfast a real bonus...I can recommend this place as one of the best places to stay......we will be back.....it has everything going for it...

Room Tip: You will always find a room to suit ......just explain what you require
2  Thank Judith-68
Kelly W, General Manager at Quality Hotel Mildura Grand, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you Judith for your very kind review, it was lovely seeing you both again .
I am pleased to read you had such a great time and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Thank you for your ongoing patronge .

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this Grand old lady from the past.Oh how it must have been a majestic get away in years past.The rooms are spread through a myriad of corridors & stairways.Our room was extremely large & whilst a little tired the bathroom had been recently renovated in a modern style.The tariff included an excellent hot buffet breakfast.At the price we would strongly recommend the Grand for a weekend rendezvous.Free parking offered BUT no free WIFI.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the front on the Street.Our room 60 was a good choice with Double bed & 2 singles...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly W, General Manager at Quality Hotel Mildura Grand, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Hi Roger,

Thank you for your kind review from your recent stay with us.
I’m delighted to read you had a great time and enjoyed the character and charm the Hotel offers.
To clarify, we do actually have Wireless Internet in all areas of the Hotel , which is available to all our Guests at no charge.

Thank you again for your feed back , we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

What a waste of a hotel. On arrival it looked more like a crowd at a bar trying to get served a drink then a reception area. The window in our room was broken which was a security breach and the cheap & nasty bed kept moving away from the wall on its rollers. Getting to the gym from our room was like hiking to Africa then when you finally get there, you need a key for the treadmill, the sauna is too complicated to use & the spa is empty and all in all everything is filthy. Then you have to toddle back to reception for a towel – which is handed to you by an irate staff. Finally after a swim in a pool of dead insects, arriving back to our room for some rest we had to endure over 1.5 hours of a broken fire alarm.
We watched as the bully GM embarrassingly berated a housekeeping staff (in front of guests) regarding roster times. On a power trip I’d say. Then the same unkind GM looking more like Sergeant Shultz stands around with her front desk staff talking rather than serving. Don’t waste your money. Staff in this hotel do not know what hospitality is. We will never stay here again. It was a joke in the hospitality industry. A management tragedy.

Room Tip: Looks like something out of an dirty old smelly hotel from the 1800's that tried to renovate but...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank hesreto
Kelly W, General Manager at Quality Hotel Mildura Grand, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide comments on your experience at the hotel a few months ago. I am extremely disappointed and taken back by your review and troubled that any Guest could leave our property with such an opinion.

We strive to provide the highest level of professional service and facilities to all our Guests, which clearly has not happened on this occasion, so for this I apologise.

All feedback is discussed with our team to ensure we are doing everything possible to provide all our Guests the most pleasurable stay. I have had no knowledge or opportunity to remedy any problems that you may have had during your stay until now, so would be very grateful if you would contact me direct at the Hotel to discuss this review personally.

Thank you again for your time, and I will eagerly await your contact and hope to have the opportunity to discuss your review further.

Kind regards,