“Very Nice Old Style”

Quality Hotel Mildura Grand
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Mildura
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Had a lovely stay over Easter in a superior one bedroom with balcony. This is an old style hotel with a lot of old world charm. Very comfortable and well located. We thought the service was excellent. Nothing was too much trouble and the staff always had a smile which is very important.

Room Tip: Get a superior room with Balcony overlooking the garden. This will give you extra space and nice sem...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly W, General Manager at Quality Hotel Mildura Grand, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Jon A,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay with us over the Easter break.

We pride ourselves on service and facilities respectively, so it is very pleasing to read that you had such an enjoyable experience and appreciate the old world charm and facilities our beautiful Heritage Hotel has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warm regards,
Kelly Williams

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed here based on recommendation from a friend and proximity to town. Good deals on wotif at short notice.

The real draw card of this place is the fact that Stefano's restaurant (2 hat in the Age Good Food Guide) is on the premises. Unfortunately, the hotel itself is old and worn.

Check in was fine, friendly staff. Free parking is not in a secure carpark, just out in an open parking lot, which concerned me.

The hotel interior is old and run down - carpet clearly worn, paint needs work. My room was also in a state of disrepair. The iron barely worked, and stained my shirt. The window lock was broken. Directly outside the window was a large airconditioning vent/duct that ran and made a loud noise all night. The shower took literally 5 minutes to get hot, and then it was almost impossible to control the water temperature. It was either too hot or too cold.

Overall i was very disappointed, and i will not be staying again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank raura
Reviewed March 24, 2013

have stayed at this motel several times over the past few years and this time was one of the legs of a bike tour through VIC, SA & NSW - Well priced and consistent service are the high points I believe for this place. Walking distance of just about everything in Mildura - Great facilities - Good clean and well serviced rooms - Dining room puts on a great breakfast

Room Tip: All fairly good - I prefer the rooms out closer to the swimming pool but no real preferences
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Tom B,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your experiences with us at the Hotel.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stays with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Kelly WIlliams

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We were in Mildura for a business function. After a quick visit to the Grand last year we vowed to return and stay this time- as it turned out the biz function was at the Grand this year.! we booked 3 nights.
I was keen to stay close to the pool and garden wing and we were not disappointed . This is an old establishment with character. Kind of reminds me of on an old cruise liner with corridors linking up. It has its creaky floors, dark corners and odd rooms. Yes you have to be wary of some rooms that may overlook a void area - most of these rooms are in the Carazza wing, I would recommend The Front wing, Langtree or Garden wings. Overall the rooms are well appointed but differ so you get what you pay for.. this is a popular hotel for weekender and school breaks so rates vary. Our rate included a full buffet breakfast in the diinig room, good service (thanks Colleen!). There are restaurant s - Stefanos, Seasons/Spanish Grill (not Spanish)..see reviews.
We will be back!

Room Tip: read review..
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Freebirdtravels
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed one night at the Grand as I was in Mildura for Business.

I was really looking forward to staying here as I love old world charm. Unfortunately my stay was a disapointment.
Beware of room 25. It must be their worst room. Frosted glass windows that protect you from a view of airconditioners. The room was hot and the aircon was very noisy on one fan. There was constant noise from outside my window all night from a leaking aircon pipe and a motor ? generator or noising aircon unit.
Bathroom had several hairs on the sink and bench not wiped from previous guest.
I was prepared to suck all this up as Im not a complainer but then I took a shower ar 8am and it was COLD...Yes a cold shower.

I gave this feedback to reception who reduced my room rate.

My work mate stayed at the hotel on the other side - room 31.She had no view but had not noise , clean bathroom and importantly a hot shower.

Breakfast - cereals , fruits and hot food were lovely. Croissants looked like they have come from a packet.

The Grand needs some TLC.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room. Avoid room 25.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TedthePug
Kelly W, General Manager at Quality Hotel Mildura Grand, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay with us at the Mildura Grand.
I am disappointed to read that you did not have an enjoyable experience on this occasion , and for this I apologies and wish we had been given the oppurtunity to resolve the issues you had at the time .
I do hope we are able to welcome you back again to the Hotel to experience the high level of service and facilities we pride ourselves on .

Kind regards,

Kelly Williams

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Having not visited Mildura ( as a band member) since 1965,I was amazed at the size & beauty of the area(parks,river etc) & the number of beautiful restaurants all within easy walking distance..The Grand is an institution..lots of old photos on the walls in the welcome area..& is well maintained .We had a big, airy room( with a very comfortable bed) that opened out onto a rose garden,a really good breakfast buffet & very friendly staff....The famous Stefano's Restaurant is just around the corner,as is a Brewery Bistro & a delightful bakery..a well stocked bottle shop is next door.The Murray River with it's many attractions is just across the road..
The Grand really is a grand place to stay.

Room Tip: Ground floor looking out at rose garden
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I say at many different places in vic.
Here is my experience.

Quick check in. Got lost trying to find my room after asking where I may find my room.
Had to drag my luggage up two flights of stairs then found the lift.

Keep in mind you have to park 30 meters away at least from hotel with their parking slip.

Booked for 1 person room. Bed was ok bathroom was clean. No doona cover on doona just a sheet either side.
Unfortunately the only window I had that would open was the toilet one which looked out onto and into a roof. I had trouble with the old analogue tv, I called room service to help out and a well mannered young man was up in a flash to help.

Air con worked....Untill 12am could not get it working my room was at least 30 odd degrees and it was 17 outside! I had to wet face washers on my head and have a cold shower to try cool down.
I did not get a wink of sleep untill 4am when It decided to work again. Not good when you have a 5 hour drive ahead of you the following day.

I was getting ready to leave my room at 8.15 am at that point I heard a noise and my door unlock and start to open. I yelled out out of utter shock and the door closed! I got dressed and I opened the door as quickly as I could and it was room service cleaning rooms! No where near check out time!

The audacity for them to just put a key in your door and open it up without any knock or sorry is just completely unacceptable.

I left my room shortly after room service had unlocked my door. At that pint I had to walk past them and they were barging past me into my room.
I gave my key back to a lady at the front desk. Was not asked anything or how my stay was.

Over priced, dated and horribly run. Would never stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank sst-011
Kelly W, General Manager at Quality Hotel Mildura Grand, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us at the Quality Hotel Mildura Grand.
We pride ourselves on service and facilities respectively, so I am disappointed to read that you experienced issues during your stay.
Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention so I can investigate further.

Warm regards,