“Love this place”

Mildura Brewery
Ranked #5 of 120 Restaurants in Mildura
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Mildura Brewery creates beers that are inspired by and named after local produce, landmarks and themes. The impressive refurbishment of the art deco building houses a pub and function space. It includes a state-of-the-art brewery that is on full display to patrons drinking or enjoying a meal in the Pub. The site has been expanded to include a greater fermentation area and a modern bottling line capable of packaging 3000 bottles per hour.
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The atmosphere is fantastic. I love or the art deco furnishings. A good place to drop in for a drink - try their many beers - get a tasting tray. Our meal was very good. Served by Stefano, and came back with an "extra" for us. Well presented and good price.

There are newer reviews for Mildura Brewery

Reviewed April 23, 2014

A work colleague and I had dinner at the Mildura Brewery recently and whilst it was pleasant and the food was quite good, it was in some ways a little underwhelming. We did not have a booking but were accommodated cheerfully. Our waiter, though, seemed to be having an off night. We were not offered any water or bread and after he delivered the main courses, it was if we were invisible. He did not come near us except to remove the dirty plates. We were not offered the desert menu or coffee and although we saw other tables receive their bills we had to go to the cash register to get ours. Given the prices charged, service was pretty ordinary to say the least.

The oddest thing, however, was the pricing and I an wondering if I missed something in the 'small print'. It really did not strike me till later when I looked at the cash register print out (which means we had already paid and left) that prices for each individual dish/drink seemed to br $2 - $3 more than what was on the menu. For example, I was pretty sure that my entree was listed at $23 but on the bill it was $25 and the small carafe of house wine I am certain was not $22 as charged. I'm not sure whether the restaurant has increased its prices but we were given old menus or what actually was the reason for this anomaly.

The quality of the food was good but that is what I would have expected with entrees at the $20 level and mains around $30 - 35. My pasta with duck ragu was tasty and the entree size more than adequate. The entree of calamari was crispy and flavoursome. My colleague felt that the porchetta was a little fatty but the accompanying vegetables were excellent. In all, good food let down by a lack of service and a feeling we were overcharged.

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

We went for dinner on our last night of a family holiday in Mildura as the brewery had been recommended to us by friends. We had booked & luckily so as there was no free tables when we arrived @7 & ppl were waiting at the bar for a table. The building is lovely & tastefully respectful to its heritage. We had plenty of room at & around our table & didn't find it noisy. The front bifold windows were open letting in a pleasant breeze.

The staff were friendly & attentive. My 3yr old was a bit restless & the waitress, of her own accord, bought over some crayons & took & placed the 3yr olds order why we made up our minds. The menu is not large but I struggled to make up my mind as there was plenty of options I liked. The food is a classy twist on pub food.

My husband had the pork belly special, our 13yr old had the 1/2 chicken, our 3yr old had lasagne & I had the salmon special. All meals were beautiful & great serving sizes, luckily the waitress talked us out of extra sides - we never would've eaten them with the meal sizes. The chicken was a highlight & massive, definitely stumped a growing boy & the kids lasagne was the best I'd tasted, definitely not the frozen option every other pub serves.

We couldn't resist the dessert menu, I can't recall the names of each, but all beautiful & faultless. Definitely way above pub standard.

The prices I thought were spot on for the meal we enjoyed. It averaged out to about $45 a head incl. drinks. Hubby had the tasting plate of beer & highly recommends that.

The only down side to the night was that an offer advertised on the Mildura Tourism app for a 'complimentary 6 pack' was not honoured, apparently it is a $12 6 pack but not of the current flavours, not what the app says so I hope they have that corrected. Would've been perfect to have ended on a more positive note but I can't take away from the beautiful meal, well worth a visit.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

The Mildura Brewery in the old Astor Theatre in Mildura is great. Sitting amongst the vats and brewing kit, the service and hospitality of everyone in the place is wonderful.

The food is great, plenty of choice - and cooked very well. The Chicken for two is to die for (but more than enough food for 3!).

Great beers get matched with the food. Really good idea.

Will be back for sure!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We had an afternoon beer and calamari and it was brilliant ,that night we had a wine dinner upstairs with matua wines and stefano cooking and the crab ravioli,the duck were stunning ...simple but that's how home cooking should be ...the wine matching worked and the merlot was a big hit.
Give the brewery a crack next time your in town!