“God Stay by Accident”

Mildura Plaza Motor Inn
Mildura Plaza Motor Inn
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Mildura
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were north of Mildura at Pooncarie, when we had to have our camper towed in for repairs, and Mildura was the closest place even though it was in the wrong direction. The RACQ booked it for us, and I am glad they did.
Clean, comfortable, I do not know the exact cost but according to the RACQ it was $50 less than the nearby Best Western, which looked identical.
The staff were very helpful, the rooms a good size and as clean as a whistle, plenty of hot water in the shower.
On the main drag (15th Street) but not at all noisy, I would stay there again and recommend it.

Room Tip: They all looked OK but we prefer ground floor rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tenterfieldrover

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Clean comfortable room. Nice hot showers. Good location. Plaza across road. Friendly staff. Set back from road no road noise. Lovely continental breakfast included in price. Would stay here again. Would recomend to other travellers.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bundybear2
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

$99 for a double, very reasonable rates. Staff fantastic. Plaza across the road. Rooms comfortable and clean. Continental breakfast in the dinning room included in price, I liked that. Nothing was too much for the staff. Will definitely stay here again and Will let all my family and friends know how good the motel is. Thank you Trevor and Julie.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JackScally
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Came here with a group of 10 +. Motel was able to cater for us, great prices. Pool and BBQ area was fantastic, and the location is central walking distance to plenty of food options and shops. Rooms were tidy, air conditioning worked well, though we were in interconnecting rooms and were only allowed to use one bathroom which was a bit odd, but for the price, well worth it anyway.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Jamkey
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I have been staying at the Mildura Plaza Motor Inn for about 7 years and would never consider staying anywhere else, given a choice. The owners are so friendly and obliging. When I have travelled with my elderly mother and my elderly husband we have made use of the disable facilities which are very adequate. The proximity to all the shops, pub (great meals) , takeaway chains etc makes it an even better choice. With the continental breakfast served in the dining room, we can't fault the Plaza. Well done Julie and Trevor Russell for providing us with a home away from home.

Room Tip: Room 3 in the corner is very quiet and private but any room I have ever been in has been fine.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

For $112.50 a night I am truly disgusted at the state of the room! For starters the green carpeted floors are brown and sticky. After walking barefoot for half an hour my feet were black. I washed one and took a picture for comparison.
The tiled bathroom floor is also very sticky and the tiles lift as you walk on them. The tap in the bathroom sprays water in all directions, as does the shower head.
The windows have no locks on them at all. Having no fresh air in the room is terrible, and some of the power points don't work, including the air con one! The walls had dirty marks on them also.
The appliances in the room are quite old to the point where I was too scared to use them. The kettle is at least 20 years old, as is the iron! The fridge definitely isn't as cold as it should be. If you saw the heated blankets for the beds you would call the fire brigade in advance.
However the most disturbing part was the bugs!!!!! Oh yes bugs in my bed!
The first night I tossed and turned a lot and continued to scratch my legs, then arms etc. I thought it may have been what they washed the sheets in. The second night I was turning down my sheets and saw little brown specs. I investigated further to discover they were little bugs.There were quite a few. The sofa bed wasn't an option because it was full of dirt! The cushions were stained quite badly as well.
I couldn't sleep on the floor or the sofa bed, so I put a few towels on the top of my bed and hoped for the best. I got little sleep and was continually disturbed by the toilet flushing from the room beside me. It was like it was right next to me!
The 'heated' pool was just the opposite and not very clean.
All in all I will tell as many people as I can how disgusted I was.
I will NEVER recommend this motel to anyone EVER!!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Grubngags
Reviewed September 2, 2013

the extra bed added was not comfortable, but the other two beds were great. other facilities great. very friendly management. the inclusion of continental breakfast in a separate dining room was a winner.

Room Tip: as the trip was only a brief overnight stay, the room was very satisfactory (with the exception of t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends