“Home away from Home”

Mildura Plaza Motor Inn
Mildura Plaza Motor Inn
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Mildura
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I have been staying at the Mildura Plaza Motor Inn for about 7 years and would never consider staying anywhere else, given a choice. The owners are so friendly and obliging. When I have travelled with my elderly mother and my elderly husband we have made use of the disable facilities which are very adequate. The proximity to all the shops, pub (great meals) , takeaway chains etc makes it an even better choice. With the continental breakfast served in the dining room, we can't fault the Plaza. Well done Julie and Trevor Russell for providing us with a home away from home.

Room Tip: Room 3 in the corner is very quiet and private but any room I have ever been in has been fine.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

For $112.50 a night I am truly disgusted at the state of the room! For starters the green carpeted floors are brown and sticky. After walking barefoot for half an hour my feet were black. I washed one and took a picture for comparison.
The tiled bathroom floor is also very sticky and the tiles lift as you walk on them. The tap in the bathroom sprays water in all directions, as does the shower head.
The windows have no locks on them at all. Having no fresh air in the room is terrible, and some of the power points don't work, including the air con one! The walls had dirty marks on them also.
The appliances in the room are quite old to the point where I was too scared to use them. The kettle is at least 20 years old, as is the iron! The fridge definitely isn't as cold as it should be. If you saw the heated blankets for the beds you would call the fire brigade in advance.
However the most disturbing part was the bugs!!!!! Oh yes bugs in my bed!
The first night I tossed and turned a lot and continued to scratch my legs, then arms etc. I thought it may have been what they washed the sheets in. The second night I was turning down my sheets and saw little brown specs. I investigated further to discover they were little bugs.There were quite a few. The sofa bed wasn't an option because it was full of dirt! The cushions were stained quite badly as well.
I couldn't sleep on the floor or the sofa bed, so I put a few towels on the top of my bed and hoped for the best. I got little sleep and was continually disturbed by the toilet flushing from the room beside me. It was like it was right next to me!
The 'heated' pool was just the opposite and not very clean.
All in all I will tell as many people as I can how disgusted I was.
I will NEVER recommend this motel to anyone EVER!!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Grubngags
Reviewed September 2, 2013

the extra bed added was not comfortable, but the other two beds were great. other facilities great. very friendly management. the inclusion of continental breakfast in a separate dining room was a winner.

Room Tip: as the trip was only a brief overnight stay, the room was very satisfactory (with the exception of t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Sunlover Holidays
1  Thank Maria P
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Perfect overnight stop, on our way back from South Australia to Sydney. The room was clean and spacious with a very comfy bed, and walking distance to the Plaza shopping centre and the local tavern, for a great meal. Included breakfast made it a good deal. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cldpc
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Found this hotel while travelling back to Adelaide from Bathurst. The proprietors were friendly and always willing to help. The room had a queen bed and two single beds for my children, was clean and fitted our needs well. Was surprised in the reasonable price that a continental breakfast was included very adequate. Probably due for a referb but I guess then the prices would go up. Would stay again gladly.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BillandBeryl
Reviewed October 28, 2012

As the title said nothing wrong with this place. The owner was polite, couteous & helpful. Didnt find any mould & the 3 nights we were there the so called shady characters were absent as well. Room was clean & comfortable motel is well positioned & close to the Plaza shopping centre. Took a different route home for a few nights R & R from Ballarat & were not sorry we selected this motel as our base. Plenty of options for meals in close vicinity & it was a quite relaxing stay. Would not hesitate to stay here again when returning to Mildura

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ron L
Reviewed October 7, 2012

booked for 2 nights, stayed one night. The rooms were ok, the bathroom was mouldy,spa didnt work (not that we would of used it) "self serve" continental breakfast from 7:30am..too late in the morning. we were given a room up stairs, between some "shady" characters who had visitors in and out at all times of the night, couldnt get kids to sleep with loud phone calls directly outside our room window and blatant drug dealing. 3am in the morning there was loud banging on the door next door with a "open up its the police"...that was enough for us. Spoke to the gentlemen in the morning about being refunded and was told to come back later as the wife was still in bed. returned at 6pm to the "shady" character threatening and abusing us, the owner/managers? then proceeded to "defend" said "shady" character and spoke very rudely and aggressively to us and with some "story" regarding the police having him under surveilance!!!! demanded a full refund for the 2 night's which they obliged promptly. was the worst motel experience we have EVER had, and we are regular travellers! I'm sorry but i cant recommend this motel. found a lovely motel up the road and were told some very interesting stories regarding the owners and the establishment. AVOID.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family