“Amazing coffee. Amazing food. Perfect service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rendezvous

Rendezvous
Ranked #5 of 116 Restaurants in Mildura
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Rendezvous is testament to the belief that commitment creates unforgettable flavours, experiences and moments. Homage to classic à la carte in a modern context. Founded in 1934 in a quirky single frontage building in Langtree Avenue Mildura, Rendezvous soon became a favourite haunt for locals & travellers. Evolving from a classical French style restaurant with a niche following, its first and only ownership change during 2011 signified a shift in direction, with a focus on regional produce and a reinvigorated dedication to "relaxed" fine dining as an experience. Still in its original location, Rendezvous has grown to become the "Heart of Feast Street" and has achieved industry acclaim and recognition. Rendezvous challenges the notion that great dining only exists in the capitals. "Tastes to Share Moments to Remember" Since 1934
“Amazing coffee. Amazing food. Perfect service”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten at Rendezvous several times now and every time I have walked out full and happy.

Today I am enjoying the vegetarian breakfast washed down with a cappuccino while sitting alfresco.

The owner is friendly and a knowledgeable local who clearly enjoys his profession. The coffee is robust and well made. The food was masterful and filling.

I highly recommend Rendevous.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Food and Service Exceptional”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

we ate here on our last night in Mildura.. wish we found it earlier or it would have been every night... food was amazing.. service excellent, attentive and friendly... prices reasonable for the quality of the food...

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bevlea R
“Great meat menu”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Just dropped in a few days ago - working temporarily in Mildura - I had the very best marinaded kangaroo that I have ever had: tasty, soft, beautifully prepared and generous serve, but I was torn between that and the pork belly. So I came back a couple of days later and was treated to again the most generous serving of a well prepared, well presented pork belly. I couldn't fit in dessert. Hope to get back again soon. Ambience was fine and service friendly and attentive.

Adelaide, Australia
“Really enjoyable food”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Was happy enough to celebrate my birthday at Rendezvous had Chicken pate for entrée and steak for main. Both meals were very nice and I enjoyed them both. The portions were huge and were good value even though this is an expensive restaurant. Came close to getting 5 stars.

Irymple, Victoria, Australia
“Local Diners”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is a re-submitted review, my initial problem centred around one particular member of the staff who seemed to be lacking somewhat in dealing tactfully and politely with customers, who had decided we weren't coming and gave our table to someone else. This was despite the fact that we had phoned saying we would be arriving half an hour later than we had originally booked, 7.30 pm instead of 7.00pm.
Since the original review was posted, the proprietor of the Rendezvous has gone to the trouble to contact us, apologize for the problem we encounted and to assure us that he would talk to the person concerned to guard against a similar situation occurring in future.
Despite a slightly unpleasant start to the evening and after we were seated elsewhere, the overall dining experience was very enjoyable and well worth repeating in future.
This restaurant must now be amongst the longest established restaurants in Mildura - I first enjoyed a meal there with my parents more than fifty years ago - and it can still be classed as one of the best.