Mercure Hotel Mildura
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsheritage listedprivilege roomstay there againthe rivercentral locationtwo bedroom apartmentlarge bathroomoff street parkingking bedcar parkspa roommain bedroommini barshort walkstandard roomgood sizean upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2010

Like a previous reviewer we found some recent comments on the Mercure Mildura pretty negative and we were almost dissuaded from staying here but we had a good experience. Reception was very friendly and helpful. We had a spacious, well equipped, recently renovated room on the 3rd floor. While the location of the spa in the main room was not exactly to our liking overall the room was good. No complaints about dinner in the restaurant which compared favourably to other places we dined at.

The location is also a big advantage. It is close to the CBD and a range of dining options, The Murray River/wharves/parkland is only a short stroll away. We also found the location quiet with practically no traffic noise. Overall we enjoyed our two nights there and would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GACASydney_Australia
MercureHM, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Mildura, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2010

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hotel Mildura. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience - we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2010

I stay in a lot of Hotels and becuase I work within the Hotel & Accomodation Industry I understand the inner workings of a Hotel and their operations. After reading some really unfair comments on Mercure Mildura I thought I would comment on my positive experience.

Trip Advisor often attracts feedback from guests that is not positive becuase generally if a guest has a positive experience there is no motivation to post. Quite often fairly or unfairly Tripadvisor is used as a tool by perspective guests when selecting a destination so a even cross section of experinces is important when selecting your Hotel stay.

Quiet often a Hotel or any organisation differentiates itself from the competition by its people. The staff at Mercure Mildura are; Friendly, Helpful and Informative. The recent rebranding of this hotel to an Accor Mercure property gives regular clients access to the Accor Advantage scheme but also adds some finishing touces to the ambience and style that Mercure brand brings to the table.

Rooms are genrously sized and well packed with Guest Ammenities and High Quality Washroom options. Free Access to Cable TV as well as a full Mini Bar and tea and Coffee Facilities.

I couldnt speak more highly of the staff and facilities at Hotel Mildura and everytime I come to Mildura I stay here without fail (every 3 months)

Keep up the Good Work Angela and the Team!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank David_Wright_10
MercureHM, Manager at Mercure Hotel Mildura, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2010

Dear David,

We very much appreciate you taking your time to write a review about your stay at the Mercure Hotel Mildura. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience - we look forward to seeing you again soon at Mercure Hotel Mildura.

Reviewed September 26, 2010

I am yet to find a good motel/hotel in Mildura. As we had to travel through the town again on our way from Sydney to Adelaide, I figured that we should try the Mercure as the brand name suggests a certain standard. How wrong I was.

Nothing about this hotel makes it feel like a "Mercure" and we've stayed in lots.

The lift was tiny, we could barely fit our bags in. Our room was small and the window backed on to what looked like a pub car-park. Drunks were out until late at night making a racket and made it very hard to sleep.

The worst part was the 2cm gap under our room's door. This not only let a bright beam of corridor light into the room which made it hard to sleep, it also let in all the sound in the corridor (people walking past/talking). Not good.

There is no car park, so you have to park out on the street. I did not feel safe leaving my car on the road with so many drunk people were about.

Also, we stayed at the hotel on a public holiday and room service was not available. I understand that this is a quiet country town, but surely the hotel gets an influx of guests around holidays and the hotel should staff the kitchen accordingly. Not good enough for a "Mercure".

Before we arrived I considered the rates reasonable for a Mercure. On check out, I felt like I had been ripped off.

We won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MartiniBender
MercureHM, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Mildura, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2010

Thank you kindly for your review about Mercure Hotel Mildura. I am disappointed to hear that your experience at our hotel did not meet your expectations.
Please note that we do have a car park on site for guest use and parking is free of charge.
Once again, I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations - I hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed September 24, 2010

Have tried here a couple of times & it is quite OK, they once helped me out when I stuffed up a booking which I greatly appreciated. It seems to normally cost about $175 per night, cheaper if you book further ahead. The best part is the location, right in town & surrounded by restaurants including some pretty good onesQ

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Thank you kindly for your review about Mercure Hotel Mildura.
As you mention in your review, yes, we do have an excellent location in the CBD of Mildura.
We look forward to seeing you again at Mercure Hotel Mildura.

Reviewed September 19, 2010

The quality of the rooms were very good....clean, modern with all amenities. Bed was super comfy. Would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you kindly for your review about Mercure Hotel Mildura.
We appreciate your lovely feedback and will pass this on to our staff.
We look forward to seeing you again at Mercure Hotel Mildura.