“Good quality accommodation and well located.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercure Hotel Mildura

Mercure Hotel Mildura
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Mildura
Sydney, Australia
“Good quality accommodation and well located.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2010

Like a previous reviewer we found some recent comments on the Mercure Mildura pretty negative and we were almost dissuaded from staying here but we had a good experience. Reception was very friendly and helpful. We had a spacious, well equipped, recently renovated room on the 3rd floor. While the location of the spa in the main room was not exactly to our liking overall the room was good. No complaints about dinner in the restaurant which compared favourably to other places we dined at.

The location is also a big advantage. It is close to the CBD and a range of dining options, The Murray River/wharves/parkland is only a short stroll away. We also found the location quiet with practically no traffic noise. Overall we enjoyed our two nights there and would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GACASydney_Australia
MercureHM, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Mildura, responded to this review, October 19, 2010
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hotel Mildura. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience - we hope to see you again soon.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

I stay in a lot of Hotels and becuase I work within the Hotel & Accomodation Industry I understand the inner workings of a Hotel and their operations. After reading some really unfair comments on Mercure Mildura I thought I would comment on my positive experience.

Trip Advisor often attracts feedback from guests that is not positive becuase generally if a guest has a positive experience there is no motivation to post. Quite often fairly or unfairly Tripadvisor is used as a tool by perspective guests when selecting a destination so a even cross section of experinces is important when selecting your Hotel stay.

Quiet often a Hotel or any organisation differentiates itself from the competition by its people. The staff at Mercure Mildura are; Friendly, Helpful and Informative. The recent rebranding of this hotel to an Accor Mercure property gives regular clients access to the Accor Advantage scheme but also adds some finishing touces to the ambience and style that Mercure brand brings to the table.

Rooms are genrously sized and well packed with Guest Ammenities and High Quality Washroom options. Free Access to Cable TV as well as a full Mini Bar and tea and Coffee Facilities.

I couldnt speak more highly of the staff and facilities at Hotel Mildura and everytime I come to Mildura I stay here without fail (every 3 months)

Keep up the Good Work Angela and the Team!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank David_Wright_10
MercureHM, Manager at Mercure Hotel Mildura, responded to this review, October 13, 2010
Dear David,

We very much appreciate you taking your time to write a review about your stay at the Mercure Hotel Mildura. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience - we look forward to seeing you again soon at Mercure Hotel Mildura.

Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2010

I am yet to find a good motel/hotel in Mildura. As we had to travel through the town again on our way from Sydney to Adelaide, I figured that we should try the Mercure as the brand name suggests a certain standard. How wrong I was.

Nothing about this hotel makes it feel like a "Mercure" and we've stayed in lots.

The lift was tiny, we could barely fit our bags in. Our room was small and the window backed on to what looked like a pub car-park. Drunks were out until late at night making a racket and made it very hard to sleep.

The worst part was the 2cm gap under our room's door. This not only let a bright beam of corridor light into the room which made it hard to sleep, it also let in all the sound in the corridor (people walking past/talking). Not good.

There is no car park, so you have to park out on the street. I did not feel safe leaving my car on the road with so many drunk people were about.

Also, we stayed at the hotel on a public holiday and room service was not available. I understand that this is a quiet country town, but surely the hotel gets an influx of guests around holidays and the hotel should staff the kitchen accordingly. Not good enough for a "Mercure".

Before we arrived I considered the rates reasonable for a Mercure. On check out, I felt like I had been ripped off.

We won't be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MartiniBender
MercureHM, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Mildura, responded to this review, October 11, 2010
Thank you kindly for your review about Mercure Hotel Mildura. I am disappointed to hear that your experience at our hotel did not meet your expectations.
Please note that we do have a car park on site for guest use and parking is free of charge.
Once again, I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations - I hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Bendigo, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2010

Have tried here a couple of times & it is quite OK, they once helped me out when I stuffed up a booking which I greatly appreciated. It seems to normally cost about $175 per night, cheaper if you book further ahead. The best part is the location, right in town & surrounded by restaurants including some pretty good onesQ

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you kindly for your review about Mercure Hotel Mildura.
As you mention in your review, yes, we do have an excellent location in the CBD of Mildura.
We look forward to seeing you again at Mercure Hotel Mildura.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2010

The quality of the rooms were very good....clean, modern with all amenities. Bed was super comfy. Would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you kindly for your review about Mercure Hotel Mildura.
We appreciate your lovely feedback and will pass this on to our staff.
We look forward to seeing you again at Mercure Hotel Mildura.
Bundanoon, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

My wife and I arrived with another couple at 1000, to be told our rooms were not ready and to come back later. We did and were then informed that we had to pay in full for three nights in advance! I have travelled widely in many countries and, since the use of credit cards became widespread, have never had payment demanded in advance. Swiping a credit card as a guarantee, yes, then paying on checkout, but paying in full for three nights in advance, absolutely not.

When I protested, the less than helpful woman on the reception counter claimed that this was company policy, standard practice, etc., I have been a member of the Accor loyalty programme for several years and have never encountered this before, even when staying at low cost properties such as Ibis. Certainly not at Mercure or Novotel.

I then asked to see the manager and was informed she was away for the weekend (this was a Friday). "Well who is there in authority that I an speak to?" "Nobody" was the curt answer.

After returning home, I wrote to Accor, receiving a reply from the manager, who offered a sort of apology, but insisted again that this was company policy. I don't know what planet she inhabits, but it's certainly not mine, nor that of a handful of equally widely travelled friends I have quizzed on the matter.

The one positive aspect of our stay was the excellent restaurant. Its quality is nothing to do with the hotel management, as it is contracted out, but in a city blessed with a wide selection of good eateries, this is definitely a stand-out. We have since returned to Mildura, though not to the hotel, and the restaurant was just as good.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank OutbackOz-NoWorries
tasmania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2010

Classic Rooms are very comfy lovely large shower ! plunger coffee avail in mini bar tab the only downside was our room next to stairs and people clomping up late at nite talking loudly (but thats not hotels fault ) We certainly would stay there again but may upgrade to a larger room away from the stairs

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
MercureHM, Manager at Mercure Hotel Mildura, responded to this review, June 8, 2010
Thank you very much for your review on Mercure Hotel Mildura! We look forward to seeing you when you next travel to Mildura.
Kindest regards,