“Ok but not that special”
Review of Thai-Riffic

Thai-Riffic
Ranked #1 of 119 Restaurants in Mildura
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Modern Thai Fusion cuisine with an emphasis on Quality ,Value & Service
Toowoomba, Australia
“Ok but not that special”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Myself and my asian wife,had great hopes for this restaurant after the positive reviews. The service was efficient, good ambiance and interesting menu. Unfortunately the food was a little disappointing. The fish cake entree was rubbery in texture and rather tasteless. For mains, the garlic pepper prawns were quite good but the panang curry lacked flavour and was rather watery. Prices were fair but the food did not meet our expectations.

2 Thank Davezan
thai-riffic, Owner at Thai-Riffic, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments all comments are taken seriously and it assists us to improve and ensure that partons have an enjoyable dinning experience with us.To answer your question in regards to the texture of the Thai fishcakes being, as you put it, rubbery i can assure you that this texture is the norm for Thai fishcakes we are sorry that it was unusual for you.Our chefs all being Thai, strive where possible to provide authenic Thai cuisine but from time to time being in a remote regional city some ingredients are difficult to procure and tastes may not be as found in major capital cities or in Thailand.

LAANECOORIE
“Fantastic Service & Food”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband & I dined at Thai-Riffic for New Years Eve 2012, which I can say we had a good experience with the food & service. I have a food intolerance to preservatives , so it is very important that people listen to my requirements. The reason we chose here was because they advertised on their menu that if you have a food allergy please inform staff when ordering. Well this was true to their word as even though the young waitress didn't understand what I was talking about, but she did go & get the head of the house so he could help me. John was very attentive at listening to my needs & even though I was unable to have any meals with sauces, they were still able to put together a vegetarian meal with no sauce but spices & garlic which was very satisfactory. When we visit Mildura again we will be visiting Thai-Riffic again. It was nice to be able to go to somewhere besides a pub & having a steak & plain veges.

1 Thank Sue G
“Average tasting, average service, average interest in their customer”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

As a big fan of Thailand and it's food I have to say I was very disappointed, i teavel regularly to thailand and eat regularly at thai rsstuarants. We tried to order some sauce as topping for some rice for our son, we were told we had to pay for a full meal as listed even If it was only the sauce we wanted, service on the tables was not good, we continually had to ask for water on the table, for the table to be cleared amd even for glasses for the water, the glasses came out warm, it's 39 degrees out side so we would of liked cooler glasses, when it came to dessert we were told they had no mangos, this was one of only 2 options for dessert, when asked by the man taking the money for the bill, who I presume was the owner, how was the meal, I answered honestly and said it was average mate, we stopped talking to me and took my money.

3 Thank JPofTFM
thai-riffic, Owner at Thai-Riffic, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
We do apoligize that your dining experience was a dissappointing one and we are happy that you have taken the time to respond which we value all feedbacks as all restaurants rely on on customers comments to help us improve and ensure that future patrons have an enjoyable dinning experience.We aknowledge and are deeply sorry that your glasses were warm and as you mentioned it was a very warm day and night which on that particular night we were very full , we did struggle with the huge demand for cold water and ice.We have taken steps to ensure that this doesnt occur in the future.
Mildura, Australia
“LOVE, LOVE, LOVE”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Love the thai food here, have always had outstanding food and service. The red curry is my favourite and also the entree lemongrass prawns are awesome. Highly recommended.

2 Thank 99Kermit
Canberra, Australia
“Excellent Thai!”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Pork belly dish was absolutely superb! Service very efficient. Nice surroundings. Central location. Restaurant was busy for a weeknight which is always a good sign that it is popular with the locals!

Visited November 2012