“You get what you pay for”

Mid City Plantation Motel
Mid City Plantation Motel
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Mildura
Adelaide, Australia
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

As always, if you pay cheap you get cheap, or less. I should have guessed things wouldn't be great when I got the feeling I was a disruption at reception, a smile at the very least....come on!
Room itself was ok, but the bathroom area needs more than a reno, it needs a bomb and start again. A hint - start with the mould growing on the ceiling of the bathroom. I felt like I was in a backpackers in my younger years, its that low level of upkeep. Look else where for a hotel, pay a bit more (this was only $80 a night), there are heaps to chose from on the main road of the town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Fish096

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed April 21, 2013

After booking months in advance we arrived to find we were not in the bookings book! However, there were vacancies which we were not surprised about when we saw the room. It was very basic. There was no table to eat at only a bench in a dark corner with a light above that didn't work. It needed updating badly. The jug and toaster were on a cracked tray on top of the fridge with barely room to make a cuppa! The bed was hard but fortunately we had taken our own pillows. No hairdryer was supplied or any of the usual "niceties" that you find in most motels. There was no information about the motel or its amenities. We definitely won't be going there again and have added it to our "no way" list of accommodation. You can do much better in Mildura as there are lots of motels to choose from. If we had not paid in advance we would have left and chosen one of the better ones in the area.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carole P

Travelers are raving about these Mildura hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The room has great air-conditioning, clean bed and shower with friendly price. Its close to mall, bar and restaurant. The best thing is the pool.. that's really awesome when u visit in summer time. And free BBQ use...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Monica C
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Ok, a good little clean hotel and for $98 we could not resist. To our suprise we were given the honeymoon suite....ceiling and wall mirrors everywhere as well as a lava lamp....nice. A two minute walk to the Mildura working mans club..formerly had the longest bar in the world and well worth a beer on your way into town. A five minute walk to the middle of town and and everything you need.

Room Tip: If you are game to go for it.......room 16
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Corporate_Backpacker
australia
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Unfortunately, we had booked and paid for 4 nights in this motel, otherwise one night would have been more than enough. Very tired, old and worn motel. Outside was rundown, with pool empty and dirty, bar b que covered in fat and grease. Bed was comfortable but sheets not changed and room not serviced at all one day. Location good if you want to be near town. Not much else positive about our experience.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank donovansAustralia
SA
Reviewed September 11, 2009

We have just spent the last 4 nights at this hotel and found it to be clean, comfortable and the rooms of good size.
It is located well within walking distance to fascilities and attractions. The staff were helpful and easy to chat too.
Value for your money.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SaCat
Melbourne
Reviewed May 19, 2009

I read the reviews of this Mildura motel and was rather worried but I needed cheap accommodation so I took the risk. The motel is now under new management and that might explain why my experience was very different from other travelers.
Firstly I was very happy with the rates, there are not many reasonably priced budget places to stay. Restaurants and dining out is a very important element in Mildura. There are many fine places to dine and locals dine out all the time. Mildura has an enormous cafe community. The lady at the desk was friendly and helpful so the current staff were great.
Its clean and comfortable and I recommend it.
I loved the old fashioned phone and I admit its got a seventies feel about it but the air con is perfect and the showers perfect. I hope they retain this old fashioned quality. Its unique.
I also note its very central.
I had a pleasant stay and providing they keep their rates fair and reasonable I will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo