“Honeymoon anyone?”

Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Mildura
Melbourne, Australia
“Honeymoon anyone?”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Ok, a good little clean hotel and for $98 we could not resist. To our suprise we were given the honeymoon suite....ceiling and wall mirrors everywhere as well as a lava lamp....nice. A two minute walk to the Mildura working mans club..formerly had the longest bar in the world and well worth a beer on your way into town. A five minute walk to the middle of town and and everything you need.

Room Tip: If you are game to go for it.......room 16
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Corporate_Backpacker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
australia
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Unfortunately, we had booked and paid for 4 nights in this motel, otherwise one night would have been more than enough. Very tired, old and worn motel. Outside was rundown, with pool empty and dirty, bar b que covered in fat and grease. Bed was comfortable but sheets not changed and room not serviced at all one day. Location good if you want to be near town. Not much else positive about our experience.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank donovansAustralia

Travelers are raving about these Mildura hotels

SA
Reviewed September 11, 2009

We have just spent the last 4 nights at this hotel and found it to be clean, comfortable and the rooms of good size.
It is located well within walking distance to fascilities and attractions. The staff were helpful and easy to chat too.
Value for your money.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SaCat
Melbourne
Reviewed May 19, 2009

I read the reviews of this Mildura motel and was rather worried but I needed cheap accommodation so I took the risk. The motel is now under new management and that might explain why my experience was very different from other travelers.
Firstly I was very happy with the rates, there are not many reasonably priced budget places to stay. Restaurants and dining out is a very important element in Mildura. There are many fine places to dine and locals dine out all the time. Mildura has an enormous cafe community. The lady at the desk was friendly and helpful so the current staff were great.
Its clean and comfortable and I recommend it.
I loved the old fashioned phone and I admit its got a seventies feel about it but the air con is perfect and the showers perfect. I hope they retain this old fashioned quality. Its unique.
I also note its very central.
I had a pleasant stay and providing they keep their rates fair and reasonable I will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank petersj
Victoria
Reviewed May 2, 2009

Even the palm trees at this motel look tired!

The motel is well situated - only a couple of blocks to the Mildura's CBD. Its a drab brown older building in need of refurbishment however a group of us were staying there and because we were going to be outdoors all door every day, it was really only to spend the night in so not a big deal.

We paid $140 a night so given its a drab room, we at least expected service. The cleaners put the towel placed on the floor onto the back of a chair rather than replacing it with a fresh towel. They never removed the soap wrapper or cleaned the shower floor (removed hair) in the 3 nights we stayed there.

We were meant to be staying longer however I checked us out early when 4 times through the night we were woken due to groaning and shuddering water pipes. Not only that however I woke the following morning absolutely attacked by bed bugs - with more than 3 dozen bites all over my face, neck, hands, arms and back. It was disgusting and to think we had our 6 week old daughter in the room.

The owner didn't want to know about it - wouldn't provide refund and tried to say place was going to be refurbished. "Tired" is very different from "hygienic"...DO NOT STAY HERE!
DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Havachat
Melbourne
Reviewed March 23, 2009

Where do I start?
When arrived and checked in and the lady at the front desk was less than helpful. We started by asking if there was anywhere to eat - her reply was "we don't eat out in Mildura - we go to Melbourne" Hmmm, the food is that bad that you drive 6 hours to get something decent?
The "included continental breakfast" was the most awful thing about the hotel. I didn't know that it was proper hygeine practice to give customers bowls of cereal pre-poured with glad wrap on the top, juice was served the same way, and all was delievered the night before. Before morning my pre-poured glass of tomato juice had frozen solid in their lousy bar fridge. Same with the pre-poured milk. I thought you had to serve food & beverages in sealed, hygeinic containers?
By the third day, breakfast didn't arrive anyway. I assume they forgot, but I was not really fussed on the stale raisin toast and stale cereal with my frozen tomato juice and milk.
I would never ever go there again, and the service was the most awful that I have ever had the misfortune to come across.
Lucky we did find some nice restaurants - no thanks to the Motel staff - how could you NOT realise that Stefanos was in your town? Only good thing about the motel was the location.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank TinaSparklers
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 4,117 helpful votes
Reviewed April 13, 2008

Immeidiately upon viewing this property from the wide, pleasant and tree-lined Deakin Avenue, I had a gut feeling about what to expect.

The brick motel was probably built about 1978 and the rooms appear to have been untouched since that date.

The rooms were dark and drab: 'uninspiring' would be an apt description.

The shower worked acceptably, and the bed was OK although far from new.

The woman at the front desk had that 'could not really care' attitude typical of a fair percentage of Australian motel operators. Perhaps she had 'seen it all before' with young men trashing the odd room, but she just gave me the feeling that she didn't really even want to exchange pleasantries.

In a holiday oasis like Mildura, Australians like me would hope that motel proprietors invest in their rooms to bring them to 21st century standard. No such luck at this motel, which is ample evidence why Australian domestic tourism in stagnant.

• Disliked — Dark, uninspring and the attitude problem of the manager
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo