“disappointing”

Calder Caravan Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mildura
Calder Caravan Park
Ranked #25 of 34 Specialty Lodging in Mildura
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“disappointing”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

we stayed just before Easter in a camper trailer. The sites were tiny, but grassy. Over the fence was a 24hr petrol station and car wash and on the other side was a factory. So very noisy. The bathrooms were very old, but water pressure was ok. The swimming pool was able to be seen from the highway. Location is ok, if you want to shop

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Bianca L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Hervey Bay, Australia
Reviewed March 22, 2012

This is our 2nd time in this park and we recommend it highly! The cabins are very well priced, clean and with all mod-cons. The park is within walking distance of a great pub, booze store and shopping centre. Owners are very friendly and helpful. If you are a senior, ask for your seniors discount. Great value for money and location. We are at the end of a 10,000 km trip across Australia and this is the best value cabin we have stayed in, over the 6 weeks we have been away.

Yes Cheesa5, you do make your own beds but THAT'S WHAT YOU DO WHEN STAYING IN CABINS!!!

Room Tip: Walking distance to shopping and pub.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 17larry
Rosebud, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Unfortunately, although the park may have been clean and organised my experience was so bad I left two days early. I can not believe the other reviews I have read here about noise complaints. I left because of the noise.. I was camping in a tent and when I booked the site not only did I inform them of this I also requested to not be under any trees. I was put in the worst imaginable camp spot, right on the other side of the adjacent wall was the largest car wash and 24hour service station I have ever seen. The vehicles utilising the car wash were being redirected to the exit straight past my camp spot with only a metal fence to separate the drive way and my patch of grass. People were vacuuming at 2am, trucks were going by, idiots doing burn outs.. It was unbearable.
Other campers noise would have been welcomed...
There is no way the owners could not be awareof this situation yet they put a camper in a tent next to the wall.The 24hour car wash consisted of approx 6 washing bays and three vacuuming ones. The only other spot they offered me was shared with three massive hot water units.
Not a good place to go in a tent.
The owners could not even offer an acknowledgement let alone apology or refund in good faith when I attempted to inform them of why I left.
Once again I contend that I believe they knew full well of the 24hour torturous and constant noise I was being subjected to.
Also, in their advertising they claim to be in the heart of Mildura. Be warned they are not. They are of course near a very busy shopping precinct that you will hear day and night, but if you want to be in the heart of Mildura camp near the river.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Fiona H
Melbourne
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Stayed in a cabin. Average place, small, had to make our own beds. Matresses were lumpy and could feel the springs.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank cheeza5
Warrnambool
Reviewed July 7, 2010

My family and I have stayed at this park on numerous occasions in the last 2 years. Over the holiday period the owners provide 'pancakes' on Sundays and encourage visitors to gather together on Friday evenings to share stories and meet others. The owners provide 'nibbles' and join with visitors to chat. They have great local knowledge and are extremely helpful with all the queries visitors have. The owners take meticulous care of the garden and in summer it is an oasis in a dry place. This is a small park with most sits set back from the busy road. The position is fantastic and within walking distance to good shopping and eating places. I recommend a visit to this park.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
geelong
Reviewed May 6, 2010

we stayed there in our van its a small park( not a lot of room)now my laugh is loud had no idea it was past 10pm owner came out like a bull at a gate at me ( i thought he was going to hit me) to be fair he didnt but he should get some people skills he is awfull...didnt have a prob with what he was on about but how he went about it he is a bully so beware.also cant make noise past 10 but ok to make lot a noise from 4.30 am if you are leaving go figure?

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank muminthecountry
Melbourne
Reviewed August 23, 2009

My wife and I together with my wife's cousin and his wife stayed at Calder Caravan Park
in our own caravans and I can only say that the Park is a top rated park, in my opinion,
it was kept spotlessly clean, the owners worked their butts off trying to make the guests feel welcome with cheese and wine evenings and a barbecue day. We found the owners very attentive and they were quite concerned when we all went to Broken Hill and stayed overnight without notifying the office that we would be away for the night, that was silly on our part and no doubt caused some anxiety for the owners. We would certainly want to stay at the Calder C/van park should we again go to Mildura. P&B,Melbourne,Vic

• Stayed September 2006, traveled with family