“Good seafood”

Miriam's Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Open daily for lunch and dinner, authentic fresh local seafood, romantic restaurant overlooking the lake with delicious local produce, gluten free and vegetarian friendly, candlelit tables, warm and friendly staff, wide range of local wines, cold beers and specialty cocktails.
Melbourne, Australia
“Good seafood”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I had a good meal here, service was excellent, just a little pricey for me. The seafood was no local but still lovely. Also the desert selection was great.

• Visited December 2013

Melbourne
“Nice place for a special meal”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We decided to treat ourselves and went for the Greek Fishermans Plate! At $110 for two people, it's not what I would normally order but hey, you only live once.

It was beautiful and fresh, and not your stock standard mix of flavors. Having a Greek influence it had a few items that I didn't expect (still not 100% on where I was meant to spread my hummus), but that didn't matter, we enjoyed every morsel.

I had requested a table with a nice view after reading that someone didn't like their table. When seeing the restaurant I felt kind of silly as I couldn't spot a bad seat in the place - there's a nice view from all tables. Maybe just ask for a table beside a window when you book if you want to be fussy.

Other meals on the menu looked very good and if we were staying longer we would have been back to try them also.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank zuzzles
Sydney, Australia
“Disappointing.....”
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

I should have known better than to eat out at Lakes Entrance. The "strip" has as much charm as Blackpool on a wet day. Take away is the norm, and eat across the road on a bench. Miriam's is well located, upstairs, with a great view over the water. Tables are well laid out, so had the "look" of a decent eatery. We ordered the seafood platter for one to share with a bottle of local Reisling. It arrived after a suitable interval, but was a big disappointment. The oysters were as big as my thumbnail, the mussels, although they looked like green lip, were cold. The best part was the grilled fish, which was perfect. The rest was poorly presented and frankly, poor quality. The worst Humus I have eaten in a long while.The wine was great, the service good. A half decent restaurant in this town would make a killing. If this is number seven in town, I ain't going out again here.

Melbourne, Australia
“The best seafood platter”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Overall 4 stars, the seafood platter 5 stars and not a chip in sight ! Just great seafood. The night we visited the restaurant wasn't very busy, service was friendly and efficient
We call in on our way north every year, never disappointed
Great food, good value

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Why did we book here?”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Arrived here and were shown to our pre-booked table. This was a table by the kitchen door with no sea views despite many empty tables. Our waitress did not smile or engage with us , was patronising and unhelpful. We have eaten in numerous countries and customers like to be treated with courtesy and friendliness. It was clear we chose a bad day to dine here What disappointed me was the fact that my parents in law were visiting from the UK, and we were made to feel most unwelcome here and felt embarassed. We voted with our feet and left without eating. Pretentious venue and staff. Dined elsewhere and had a lovely evening.