“Great apartment with terrible management staff!”

The Lakes Apartments
The Lakes Apartments
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My family stayed for a night at The Lakes Apartment, Lakes Entrance Australia on 14 September 2012. We were very delighted with the clean and well equipped apartment. The Lakes Entrance remained the best accommodation throughout our 13 days road trip till I received the following email from Melissa Campisi, the management staff of The Lakes Apartment three days after we checked out.

"Hi
You stayed with us over the weekend. And should have left the keys in the
apt or in the reception letter box at the front driveway however we cannot
located them. Where have you left them please?
The mobile number I have is for an elderly woman. Please reply asap or we
will contact the authorities as this very much looks like fraud.

Thanks
Mel"

During our check out, there was no one at the reception and they left a message on their front door asking guests to leave the keys in the letter box which I did. Melissa was unable to locate the keys and decided to write me a nasty email accusing me to be a fraud! My contact number is perfectly alright and I have always left it on international roaming so there is no way I could not be contacted. Melissa Campisi, you have been such a disgrace to the wonderful tourism industry of Australia. Never in my life have I encountered such rude staff with no proper hospitality training.

Very shortly after, I received another email from Melissa apologising as she has found the keys in the letter box.

The Lakes Apartment - The great apartment with terrible hospitality!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank JunAn

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Fantastic owners, staff, opened up their doors 20 minutes after they'd close just for us, and gave us an upgraded room because they were fully booked for standard rooms. Gorgeous room, late check out, just fantastic.
I'm sending my parents there for their 50th Wedding Anniversary....

Room Tip: Check out their website and then call direct for a chat
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Excellent location (right in the middle of the town)
Friendly staff and excellent facilities
Rooms were brilliantly cleaned and kitchen was well equipped w utensils and cooking equipment and cleaning products.
Heated blankets, heat lights and air conditioner in almost every bedroom.
Separate laundry facilities with washing powder provided
Walk in wardrobes and bathroom amenities provided!!!

Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We first stayed here a few years ago and since then have stayed at least once a year including our first stop for our honeymoon. The staff are wonderfully helpful, the apartments are always spotless and so roomy! If we go on our anniversary, we get treated to lovely wine and chocolates. This is a great place for a family stay or a group of friends as there's heaps of room and lots of private space - even a private bbq and patio.

Lockup garages for each apartment, no noise from the places next door, big lounge room and tv, right in the middle of town.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2011

I first stayed here in November 2010 as part of a large group away on a golf trip and had a fantastic stay. My wife and I have just returned home from spending 2 nights in absolute luxury. We had a three bedroom apartment with leather lounges, large plasma TV, remote control lock up garage, ensuite and walk in robe, heated swimming pool, all for $150 per night. It a nice quiet street, one back from the main street. Across the road is The Lakes Club, and 50 mtrs down the street is the bowling club, so the location is excellent. The hosts are friendly and knowledgable. I recommend the Lakes Apartments to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank michaelwebster65
Reviewed November 14, 2010

These appartments are in a great position, just off the main strip, they are very clean and the rooms are huge, we has a two story appartment witch my kids absolutely loved. It was extremely clean and the staff was very friendly, the only downside was that the pool was very small, and doesnt fit many people in it. Otherwise would definately reccomend this place and would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank michelle308
Reviewed October 28, 2010

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment for $200 per night (4 people).

Positive points - great location with lake and beach very close, clean spacious apartments, really good air conditioning / heating, two sets of keys to garage and apartments very handy

Negative points - could not access broadband internet without bringing your own cable, which is a bit misleading as this was not mentioned to us prior to our stay. Kitchen tools are minimal so was difficult to make some home cooked meals and there is only one analog TV in living room. One of our toilets were clogged and same with our sink, but luckily we had three sinks and 3 toilets.

Overall our stay was very pleasant and mostly met our expectations

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends