“Value for money”

Cuisines: Fast Food
Dining options: Reservations
Description: RSL Club Bistro- Restaurant
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I like to support our RSL's and this one did not disappoint me. The place was packed, which wasn't great, but, a sign of how good it is. They offer both Asian and Aussie meals. Plenty of guests were eating the Asian meals, however, I chose fisherman's basket. $22-50, the fish was fresh and delicious, way too much to eat for me. They also offered a large variety of home-made cakes, Pavlovas, Trifles etc. Next time I'm skipping main meal and going straight to desserts :}

1  Thank karen195988

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We were recommended the RSL, so we thought it might be a bit better than it actually was. You need to book. The meal was overpriced, but quite reasonable for a town where the cost of eating out is really high. I don't mind paying more for simple food in country towns, but why does it have to be so stodgy and average?

2  Thank Melody0418
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Place was pumping on a Monday night - maybe everwhere else closed? Food was just OK but for a place like this just fine - what you pay and expect is what you get - and lots of it! Dont expect a lingering dinner - expect your food within minutes.

1  Thank Winedude
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The first night we ate at the RSL bistro my wife and I had chicken schnitzel and fish and chips respectively. They were big serves and it was quite well cooked only to be spoiled by a mountain of salad topped with something that barely passed for mayonnaise just thrown onto the plate. We decided to give them another try and chose the Asian type food this time. Pieces of vegetable cut in chunks so big that they weren't even warm never mind cooked and coated in gluggy almost tasteless sauces.
Surprisingly the place was very busy on both nights.

2  Thank David C
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Not our normal choice for dinner. Service was outstanding, Food was really good and had a " at nannas" atmosphere. Great value for money. Fish was outstanding .

1  Thank John F