“Lucky find”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We were driving from Melbourne back towards Sydney and decided to stop for lunch at Lakes Entrance. After parking the car, we stumbled across this restaurant just by chance. You've got to get lucky sometimes and this was one of those fortunate occasions.

The restaurant is moored in the water next to the esplanade which adds an interesting marine feel to your seafood meal with the gentle rocking motion.

We enjoyed the food and the service. I didn't drink because I was driving and so it would be great to get back there sometime to enjoy a long leisurely meal without having to worry about driving.

It was a great place to go for lunch and I'm sure that a dinner would just as good.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Was recommended to dine here, so expectations were high. Arrived without a booking and was informed that the only table left was next to the front counter. The fish was fresh but pricey. We were able to see customers arriving and a few were also told that they had the last table. Other couples without bookings were told they could choose their table. Not sure why we were treated differently. Would'nt return

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We went here enticed by the novelty of a floating restaurant, not really expecting more than a simple cafe lunch. Boy was I pleasantly surprised!

I ordered the marinara which I hope would be fresh but what I ordered was simply amazing. The pasta was freshly made and tasted like something I would make myself and cook up straight away. It was so light and soaked up all the beautiful flavors of the freshly caught seafood.

My boyfriend had one of the fish specials which really did look awesome, but I was so happy with my choice of meal that I walked out with a smile from ear to ear.

Staff were lovely and friendly offering a polite amount of chatter whilst still leaving us to our own conversation. Prices were very reasonable for the type of place we were at, I think my meal was about $22.

They sell fresh seafood direct to public downstairs that we'd have liked to purchase except with a long drive home we didn't think it would be that fresh in the end...

Well recommended, will definitely be coming back here next time I'm in Lakes Entrance.

1  Thank zuzzles
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Best restaurant in town. Food was fabulous, great staff and ambience. Staff look after you well despite how busy they are, nothing is too much trouble. Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We enjoyed a truly delicious fish meal with some cold white wine . The venue is attractive being right on the water and close to where we were staying