“Exactly what we needed”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Horsham
London, United Kingdom
“Exactly what we needed”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at this motel on our way to Adelaide from Melbourne. We liked the room, which was spacious and spotlessly clean. The facilities are excellent, and we were glad to use the laundry, which was also very clean. The manager and manageress were friendly and helpful, and the motel was well situated for the town centre. We enjoyed our brief stay, and were impressed by the town of Horsham itself. We would definitely use this motel again.

Room Tip: Rooms are all on ground level, and the only drawback if you are near to the road could be traffic no...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GoldenGrainMotorInn, Manager at Best Western Golden Grain Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our motel, it is always pleasing to read such positive comments we hope you will continue to stay with us during your travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed March 11, 2013

good clean accomodation, but rooms need to be upgraded paint peeling of ceilings, but worse was the air conditioner did not work and with this heat my stay was not nice, the pub next door has some nice meals but they also charge a fee for charge back to your hotel, this was not my first time staying here, will stay here again. had spa in room looked nice but did not use .

Room Tip: its luck of the draw this time no good , but next will be perfect .
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GoldenGrainMotorInn, Manager at Best Western Golden Grain Motor Inn, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for the review. We are sorry your air conditioner was not working however if you had told us during your stay we would have had it fixed, a new unit was fitted the next day. Yes we agree some of our rooms need updating however to-date we have fully renovated twenty-four rooms and will be starting on the next five shortly. Once again thank you for the positive review.
Traralgon, Australia
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Handy place to stay when in Horsham. Have stayed there many times and always found the rooms to be clean and well presented. Ideally located next to the hotel for meals. Service great. Perhaps could do with a little update in the rooms however they are nice and large. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms are a good size and really clean. Excellent location for the shops and eating places. Easy to...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sally, thank you for taking the time to review our property. Horsham has lot to offer the travelling public and we are glad you stayed with us to experience that. We are very proud of the way our property is presented and we are glad you enjoyed our spacious clean rooms. Sincere thanks.
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Having stayed at the Golden Grain on many occassions from 2007-2011, I have found Russell, Rhonda and their staff to be nothing but magnificent.
Nothing was ever too much trouble, the breakfast was worth the drive up from Melbourne alone.
There may have been a few small indescretions with other reviewers on here, but my experience tells me that these reviewers have blown the problem well out of proportion.
I stay quite regularly at motels as I'm a sales rep, and I have yet to find a motel that compares to the quality, value and all-round attention to detail and level of service provided by the management and staff of this particular motel.
I would largely ignore these negative reviews on this site.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Paul, Sorry we have taken so long to reply to your review. Your kind words haven given us a great morale boost. Everyone has the right to their opinion, however we recommend people to judge others by their own experience. We as moteliers want all guests to enjoy their stay. Once again thank you for the kind words.
Reviewed October 15, 2012

After booking through the bestwestern.com site, I stumbled across the reviews on this site.... Oh no!, I thought..... But sometimes it pays not to listen to all advice.
It's a large motor inn, lots of rooms for traveling corporates like myself.
Reception staff were fine, no basil fawlty what so ever. Quite helpful with he questions I was asking.
The room was spotless with nice furnishings and a comfy bed.
Not too much truck traffic noise also, but I was put down the back, away from the entry / highway.
I will be back, suits me quite well and the price is actually pretty low for the nice quality of the rooms.
I guess the previous guests just had a monkey on each of their backs.

Room Tip: Room 13 was nice and quiet. Very clean also.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dial_9_for
Please accept my apology for taking so long to reply to your review. We appreciate your very kind words. It was great to learn you had a positive experience knowing our motel had some negative comments from previous guests. We encourage all guests to form their own opinions. Thank you for your encouraging words.
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I have stayed at the motel 5 times over the past 3 months. Once with my family and the other times by myself due to work committments. I have found the motel to be a great family/individual place to stay. Staff are always friendly and my daughter (5 years old) still talks about her lovely time in the motel pool! the motel is right next to a great pub which has great well priced meals for dinner. the rooms are new and renovated and very clean. would stay here again and again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Louise, thank you for taking the time to write this review, your positive comments are much appreciated and will be past on to everyone involved at the motel.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed May 3, 2012

The manager was very abrupt, no smile, not at all friendly. We were charged $145 for the night for a sparse. The bar snacks were well past their use by date and the toilet didn't work properly. Stay away from this one.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Wendy B
GoldenGrainMotorInn, Manager at Best Western Golden Grain Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
First let me thank you for letting us know the date you stayed at our property. The room you stayed in was a queen spa room with a private lounge while I agree the room is slightly dated the room was spotlessly clean and very spacious. The night you stayed we only had spa rooms available and the rate you were charged was our standard double rate of $145.00 and not the spa rate of $160.00 I believe your rating of our property is very harsh.

Because of our high occupancy the mini bar stock has a rapid turnover any out of date items would be a rarity. Our mini bars are checked and restocked daily. As a motelier we rely on guests coming through the door, it is not in our best interest to be rude to our customers. If I was rude at any stage during your stay I apologise however I may point if you were not happy with your room or my behaviour you had the option not to stay. I regret your expectations were not met.

As a motelier we endeavour to do everything to welcome and ensure our guests enjoy their stay and on most occasions we succeed.

Travelers are raving about these Horsham hotels