“Simple decor. Genuine thai food.”
Review of Thai Basil

Thai Basil
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Horsham
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Melbourne
“Simple decor. Genuine thai food.”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

If you like genuine Thai food, this is the place to come. Like many Asian restaurants in Australia, basic decor but friendly staff and good food.

Visited December 2011

Horsham, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thai Basil regular”
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

I must disclose from the outset that we are Thai Basil regulars,  and of course for great reasons. My family and I couldnt actually put a number on the amount of times we are either eating in ordering takeaway, and the quality of food has remained to be of extremely high  standards since opening.

Being a creature of habit, I find it hard to change from my favourite dishes but I have learnt  to be more adventurous, and as I work my way through the menu I keep finding new favourites.

Thai Basil have just undertaken it's second revamp of the interior of the restaurant which includes carpet, this has been a fantastic addition as it has reduced noise levels within the restaurant and has added a real warm feel to the interior.
 The staff at Thai Basil are extremely courteous and very professional and nothing is too much trouble. Being a regular at the restaurant I think the best advert for Thai Basil is that we constantly see the same faces in the dining room, possibly like me, stubbornly enjoying their favourite dishes.

1 Thank Robert G
Melbourne, Australia
“Faultless....”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My family and I have been regulars at this amazing restaurant since it opened 4 years ago,in fact, I don't know how I survived without this divine restaurant in Horsham, and recently had withdrawals when they were closed for the birth of their gorgeous baby boy 'HUGO'.

As a family over the last few years we have travelled extensively throughout South East Asia and Thailand has now become our favourite holiday destination, and I must admit that the food we have eaten in Thailand has always been delicious, but in my honest opinion, I would have to say that it is not as good as what we have experienced at Thai Basil in Horsham.

Fon and her team in the kitchen prepare beautiful, fresh, exquisite, authentic thai meals, that we have now become Thai Addicts, ( along with most of Horsham's population I suspect).

Pawel and the wait staff are very attentive, very knowledgable, professional, courteous and always super friendly.The service is always faultless.

The restaurant has a lovely warm ambience and is adorned with Thai ornaments and decorated beautifully. In fact the only thing that is missing are the long tail boats and ocean view...but you can't have it all.......

We love to dine in and are regulars on the take out scene..... Occasionally when my husband is away on business the children and I love to go and have a quick meal at Thai Basil as a bit of a treat. My children's favourites are the curry puffs and they are always disappointed if we order curry puffs on holidays, as they never taste as good as Fons.

The money bags and Fons Black sticky rice pudding are to die for, as is the rest of the menu in fact.

Thai Basil comes highly recommended and if you are after a beautiful Thai meal as a family, couple or for business I could not rate this restaurant more highly. Great value for money and great service, you will be back time after time....

• Visited September 2012
Australia
“Holy Basil!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I arrived at Thai Basil after the kitchen closed, but they were still happy to cook takeaway for me.
I ordered steamed Dim Sim, Chicken Jungle Curry and steamed rice.
The Dim Sim are similar to Shumai in appearance and ingredients, but have a wonderful Thai flavour of Basil and the crunchy water chestnuts as contrast to the pork and shrimp mince. The accompanying sweet dip / sauce in the separate container is best ignored.
The Jungle Curry initially tastes quite mild, but after another mouthful it sure beats those jungle drums on your tongue. Soup like consistency, this traditional curry is full of flavour. I would have liked more vegetables. This restaurant provides fabulous, traditional home cooked dishes true to Thailand. Good value food equivalent to capital cities. I would be more than happy to return to try other selections.

• Visited September 2012
Benalla, Australia
“Enjoyable meal good service”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Thai basil is a lovely restaurant with good food and friendly staff. The meals were made fresh and full of flavor.

The restaurant is BYO only but don't worry as there is a bottle shop next door ($2 per person corkage)

Mains around the $20 mark