“Better than average pub bistro...”
Review of Cravesteak Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Cravesteak Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Australian
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Pub bistros can be very hit and miss, depending on the pub building, the landlord's hospitality, the chef cooking that service, the town and the patrons, but I'm pleased to say this pub bistro has never disappointed the many times I have eaten there, both on my own and with friends. It's an informal and convivial place and there's bound to be something on the menu to please. If you like a huge delicious chicken parma with ten different toppings to choose from (2 for $20, 1 for $15) on their special night... well, what's not to like?

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Fairly standard pub (Royal Hotel) bistro that looks like it hasn't changed in 50 years. Food was fine: $20 for the daily roast (beef) and veg; $19 for chicken and pumpkin risotto.
Although some marketing genious has decided to call the bistro 'Cravesteak' there were only three steaks on the menu I seem to recall and it definitely didn't look like either a steak grill or even a 'restaurant'.

Fine for a decent enough feed. Not particularly pub meal cheap, with most mains $20 - $35, but there were basic pub counter meals for cheaper if needed.

Cravesteak, Owner at Cravesteak Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Hi,

Thankyou for your review.

I agree with you that our name can be a bit confusing, it's something that I would change except for the fact that we are leaving in a couple of months time. The name was simply to try get something different to what was the normal with an emphasis on steak, no clever marketing ploy, but over the years of trading have realised it is a bit confusing. So my apologies for that. Yes we are a Pub Bistro.

In a correction to what you said, we do offer 6 different types of steak and have had great comments on all of them. Our prices are set accordingly to quality of the product, we buy black angus steak so we have to pay a premium, but we believe the final product is worth paying a little extra for. All our chicken parma's & scnitzels are breast fillets crumbed by hand on the premises unlike many other places in town who buy them in and still charge more than we do. We use Premium beer Battered chips that cost more than the average chip and so on & so on. So I hope you can see that we are really value for money after all.

Thanks for taking the time for your review, we appreciate it.

Dwayne Clark
Chef/Owner Cravesteak Bar & Grill

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Driving up to Adelaide tonight. Read the reviews on tripadvisor & thought we'd check this place our for dinner. A must stop on your road trip. DELICIOUS food and great country service.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Food was simply wonderful. Too much, which was nice. Very fast service. Staff that are highly attentive to your needs. My steak was perfectly cooked, salad was really nice and the chips had a home made appearance.
Their garlic bread was really nice.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

A regular type of hotel bistro. Very friendly. Good basic food with very good bain marie. I would definitely eat there again.