“Average”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Adelaide
“Average”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Tiki masala good, tandoori very good, beef madras worst I've ever had. Naan dry. Birriani flavourless. Would buy tandoori again and may try a couple of other dishes but not in a hurry to go back. Lovely quiet restaurant and lovely people though.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Elizabeth G

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chicken offcuts used in butter chicken”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I go to Horsham usually once a month and every second time use to eat here, however the last three times have been getting worse.
Originally the butter chicken was very good, as is their naan bread.
However the last few times I've been there the chicken bits have gone from tender fillet pieces to what only can be described as the off cuts. And to top it off last time I ate there there was six small pieces of chicken in the takeaway dish, less than half full!!!
Once I got back to hotel and discovered this I rang them to which the reply was "I'm sorry sir, that's how it comes".
Please please please go back to using quality fresh chicken and you will have happier customers. I don't mind paying your prices but want the quality food you once offered!

1 Thank Dmitch32
Naracoorte
“Excellent curry in Horsham”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

As a UK expat living in rural South Australia, I can't pass over an opportunity to try a new curry house as good curry is hard to find and even harder a decent naan.
Horsham Masala ticked all the boxes, excellent samosa to start. The beef madras and lamb korma were superb and I was beside myself to see the tandoor oven and the resulting perfect naan bread. Shame there was no Kingfisher beer to wash it all down with.
If only it weren't a 1.5 hour drive to Horsham from where we live, we would be there every Friday night for a take away!

• Visited November 2012
“Enjoyed our meals.”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed in Horsham overnight and first thing we did was to look for Indian, We tried Horsham masala and was very pleased with our meal, the service was good atmosphere was good. We tried a few entree's and a couple mains and all were very good. would recommend to try this place if your in Horsham.

Visited January 2012
“Great food”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Chicken Jalfrezi asked for it med/hot and it tasted fantastic. We tried this restaurant after reading the other reviews and really pleased we did . If you like things spicy then I would recommend med/hot rather then med.
Being English I've been spoilt with good Indian Restaurants but the Horsham Masala is up there with the best.
The chef asked if we enjoyed the food. Thought that was a nice touch. Take aways were very busy with local customers (good sign).
We traveled from Adelaide to Melbourne and stopped overnight in Horsham. If you want a good curry then this is the place for you.
We wouldn't hesitate to eat here again. Well done Horsham Masala.