ARANI Thai Restaurant
Ranked #109 of 452 Restaurants in Geelong
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: En 'Thai'cing The Tastes of Thailand
Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

It took us many years to get around to trying this place and only did so based on great reviews here on TA. - Why? Probably because we thought it looked poky inside and lacked character. Lesson learnt! We travel to Thailand every year and love our Thai food. Forget the decor or lack of - as soon as we started eating we were transported back to our favorite Thai beach with the sun setting and our toes in the sand. We now go there at least once a fortnight. Service can be a little patchy (we nearly walked out on our first visit when a couple who sat down after us were served drinks before we had even been asked for drinks) - this is not unlike the real Thailand also!

• Visited February 2013

“Yum food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Had takeaway from here, very yummy!! Fried rice was fresh and the creamy chilli paste with coconut, lime and basil was delicious!

Portland Vic Australia
“Good Thai. A little off the boild the night we visited”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife, daughter and friend went by the reviews of Tripadvisor prior to choosing this restaurant. I had the mixed entree which was a little underwhelming. the vegetarian parcels were a little under done and the fish cakes were nothing special. I had the garlic and chili prawns and calamari stir fry for main. the prawns and calamari were well cooked however, a little salty for my liking. My daughter had the Pad Thai and thoroughly enjoyed it. My wife had the noodle salad that was delicious. I'm usually not too picky however, on this occasion I think they may have been a little off on the Friday night we visited and i will give them the benefit of the doubt next time we visit. You don't get to number 2 for no reason.
Restaurant is BYO wine which is handy too!

• Visited February 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This the by far the best Thai food I have eaten outside Thailand. Normally I find Aussie Thai tasteless and consisting of a different veg and meat combo in the same coconut milk sauce. I had the red curry which was spicy, full flavoured and not creamy with a side of rice and roti bread. Fast service, hot food with fresh produce. Best Thai food on the coast and good value.

“Tasty, will definitely go back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Checked reviews before booking and decided it sounded like lots of people were happy with meals so worth a try. So glad we did. We ordered a banquet, all the food was lovely, probably wouldn't have the pad Thai??? Again. I think it was that, noodles and chicken. Thai green curry, chef special, beef and cashew, beautiful. Lovely entrees, soup, though spicy, was lovely. Defiantly one I'd like to work through the menu at. We will be back. Maybe even take the kids if they are lucky.