“Pleasant experience”
Review of Le Parisien

Le Parisien
Ranked #25 of 453 Restaurants in Geelong
Cuisines: Steakhouse, French, Seafood, Australian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Since 1976, Le Parisien has offered fine food, wines and dedicated service to the Geelong region. Opened by Lorraine and Jean-Paul Temple on the 11th of November 1976, Le Parisien is still run by the Temple family with their children and grandchildren now working in the business. The restaurant relocated to its now iconic waterfront location in 1998. Le Parisien is situated right on Geelong’s Waterfront and gives widespread views of Corio Bay. The building originally being an old boat shed still retains many of its original timber features, the main dining room is full of exposed timber beams and surrounded with large windows. Le Parisien also has a balcony, perfect for those long Sunday lunches in the sun. The main dining room has capacity for seating up to 130 people as well as a full public address system making it perfect for weddings and functions, Le Parisien is also equipped with a private function room with a sit down dining capacity of up to 40 people. Gift vouchers are available in person or by phone order. From May 1st through to the end of September we are open for lunch and dinner Wednesday through to Sunday. Mondays and Tuesdays by appointment only.
Melbourne, Australia
“Pleasant experience”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife and I were there for our anniversary dinner. The ambience was great to celebrate the occasion. Service was prompt in taking our orders.
The food was a mixed bag - the escargots were fresh and I enjoyed my rabbit dish. However, the seafood casserole was too cheesy for my wife and she struggled to finish it. Despite all that, you can be sure that the portions are big enough to get your money's worth. While we dined, the waitress left us alone to ourselves, respecting our privacy instead of intruding every few minutes.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Dennis L

Torquay, Australia
“30+years and always good”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have eating here for over 30 years and I have never been disappointed with any meal. I find the menu is excellent and covers all tates.well done Jon Paul

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Enlightenedlyn
CBD Melb
“Pretentious but produces...”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Amazing meal - however the chef approached us and asked that we indulge in the 3-course degustation. No thanks, just desert

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Emily385
“Over priced, especially the drinks, average service.”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The drinks were highly over priced, the food was average, the service was average, very slow to bring out meals and not very good communication between staff. Will not be visiting again.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Kylied85
Kyneton, Australia
“simply beautiful”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My daughter and I dined at Le Parisien last week. It was absolutely delicious, the menu extensive, the staff friendly. A little pricey but well worth it for a great meal, the waterfront area is beautiful especially in the summertime. I have been before this review and I would definitely recommend it. We will be going back when we are next in Geelong.

• Visited June 2013