“Reliably excellent”

Le Parisien
Ranked #31 of 471 Restaurants in Geelong
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Since 1976, Le Parisien has offered fine food, wines and dedicated service to the Geelong region. Opened by Lorraine and Jean-Paul Temple on the 11th of November 1976, Le Parisien is still run by the Temple family with their children and grandchildren now working in the business. The restaurant relocated to its now iconic waterfront location in 1998. Le Parisien is situated right on Geelong’s Waterfront and gives widespread views of Corio Bay. The building originally being an old boat shed still retains many of its original timber features, the main dining room is full of exposed timber beams and surrounded with large windows. Le Parisien also has a balcony, perfect for those long Sunday lunches in the sun. The main dining room has capacity for seating up to 130 people as well as a full public address system making it perfect for weddings and functions, Le Parisien is also equipped with a private function room with a sit down dining capacity of up to 40 people. Gift vouchers are available in person or by phone order. From May 1st through to the end of September we are open: Wednesday to Saturday lunch and dinner Sunday & Public holidays all day dining Monday & Tuesday all day dining
Reviewed January 23, 2013

One of those restaurants that ticks all the boxes, it has great food and authentic. The service is good and staff are pleasant. Hardly any spare tables.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

This restaurant serves authentic French Cuisine and is located overlooking Geelong's fabulous Waterfront. Ideal setting for a special occasion. Staff are always well presented and knowledgeable about the menu, the service is what you would expect in a fine dining restaurant. The casualness of the dress code is noticeable but it doesn't distract from the ambience created. The food is very good but the menu needs to be changed more often.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I feel compelled to write this review in complete contradiction of the most recent reviews by others. Saturday 12th January 2013 was a significant day in my life. My wife and I were spending an overnight stay in Geelong so we booked for dinner at Le Parisien. I had read the reviews by others and almost had second thoughts. Thankfully, I chose to ignore these and went. To say that the setting is simply stunning is an understatement. We were promptly taken to probably the best table location in the whole place. Friendly and 100% attentive service from the staff combined with completely balanced timing for delivery of the entree and mains together with timely topping of the wine left me wondering how could you not be impressed? The food was superb. Expensive? Yes, but not for what was delivered together with total sevice from their wait staff. Overall, I left highly impressed with the entirely satisfying evening.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I did like the decor, very opulent and a lot of character (wooden beams, candelabras over flowed with wax from previous melted candles,history of the restaurant famous clientele as you walk up the flight of stairs, large white linen tables and a huge flower display) but at the end of the day- if I get bad service....It fails automatically. To top that off, the food was bad.... all I can remember was lots and lots of tasteless cream...

I'm a firm believer on you pay for what you get but I felt ripped off...

1  Thank Food_Traveler79
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We decided to book Christmas lunch at Le Parisien as we have dined here before and enjoyed the meals. Considering it was Christmas Day one would expect something a little special. Upon arrival we found the ambience quite ordinary without even a Christmas decoration let alone a Christmas tree. The Service was very ordinary: We were offered a drink without the drink menu before we even sat down and we were not offered another drink until desert by the young inexperienced waiters who lacked communication skills as they dropped the plates on our table and snuck away as if to elude any eye contact and service (clearly cheap labour hire for the day). We selected the prawn cocktail for the entree which was bland and not de-veined. The ham and turkey of the main course was too salty and not very tender. More than one piece of the potato and pumpkin would have been appreciated. For $130.00 per head on Christmas Day without even a glass of champagne or a coffee included, was unacceptable. On a previous Christmas Lunch we journeyed to the 'Sky High' in Mt Dandenong. It was well worth the drive and our expectations were exceeded on a memorable occasion with a full smorgasbord that was mouthwatering which even came at a better price per head. Le Parisien you have 'Cashed In For Christmas'. We will not be back.

6  Thank Zeddaz