“Good Location”

Nireeda Apartments
New York City, New York
“Good Location”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The outside of the building could use a new cote of paint but the rooms inside where more than comfortable. I checked in late and had a keybox setup for me. Good location as I was able to walk to most of my appointments in the city. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: The hotel only has stairs and no lift.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Pakenham, Australia
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We recently stayed at Nireeda Apartments in Geelong for 1 night, in a "Deluxe Studio Apartment". There was plenty of room with kitchenette, lounge area, and en suite.
Appointments were basic, but clean, with reasonably comfortable beds.
Nirreda is right in the middle of Geelong CBD and conveniently placed for all leisure/business trips.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank photograham
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We were stuck with a last minute situation and had no choice. The sheets don't fit the bed, one glass in the place and it was putrid, a vegetable masher holding the window open, paper thin walls so you could every word/noise from rooms down the hall and all this joy for $315 for the night!!! Absolute rip off, dirty, desperately sad place. For the money anywhere else would be better!!

Room Tip: None - its all terrible!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank MegsScottandKids

Travelers are raving about these Geelong hotels

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I never got to stay there,
But I went to check in and the Man was extremely rude and arrogant. Luckily I had my husband with me at the time as I found him very intimidating.

I was arriving from Adelaide and was running late and check in was supposed to be before 7pm. I rang and told them I was running late and could they leave the door open/ or come and open it for me and they were rude about that.

Then when i spoke about my booking they were so rude I decided to cancel the booking and not to stay there

Room Tip: My advice - stay somehwere else
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Came here for business - I normally stay at the Mercure Geelong when visiting clients but their serviced apartments were booked out and thought it'd be nice to try somewhere else (and the price was $89 from $170 - Mercure is normally $190).

Eek is the only befitting word for this 'place' ..

1. Checked in 5.15pm - owner was good enough to stay past 5pm to provide me with keys
2. Two flights of stairs just to get to rooms - stairs to get into lobby PLUS 2 more flights - with a suitcase and heavily pregnant, almost impossible! No help was offered though.
3. All 4 glasses, 4 wine glasses and 4 coffee mugs are dirty (lip stains and fingerprints everywhere - coffee, wine)
4. Hair found on the floor of bathroom (black and long - yuck!)
5. Toilet still had toilet paper unflushed in the bowl
6. Window jammed open - when I called owner to close it, he said I could do it myself (I really couldn't) - he came up nevertheless quite promptly
7. Heater in room is noisy and looks like it hasn't been used ever. It's blowing so much dust everywhere I haven't stopped sneezing for 2 hours!
8. No spare quilts and quite cold, so you need the heater
9. Pillow case was soiled
10. When I mentioned about the dirty glasses, I asked him what he would do (whether someone would wash them tomorrow or whether I was expected to) and he suggested I could stay somewhere else
11. Very noisy (can hear drunk people yelling on the street)

Haven't cooked yet in the place - almost afraid to see the state of the cooking utensils and plates, etc!

This is only day 1 of 3 (and all this in 2.5 hours!) - shower is clean and bed sheets look ok .. 2 more nights to go! :s

• Stayed September 2012
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I booked a two bedroom ground floor apartment with foxtel. We were allocated a top floor apartment without foxtel. I think it was the one described in another review, I could see my 82 year old father in law (and me) falling up and down the step in the middle of the living room, and falling up and down the steps to the bedrooms. As he is not the only person in our party for whom stairs are out, I went back down the two flights of narrow stairs, to ask for a ground floor apartment. I was told "there are none, we don't have ground floor two bedroom apartments". Strange, their website says they do. Then the man showed me "one with a double and a single" which turned out to be a two bedroom apartment, though it is true that the small bedroom is very very small, we call it "port arthur" as its about the size of the cells we saw there. But it's warm. No tissues, half the light bulbs have blown, and the kitchen smells of rancid grease. Its alright, as we just commented to each other, but that's because we want to make the best of so many broken promises. Hope the beds are comfortable! If you want to get this apartment, its called the disabled apartment. Another advantage is that the telly is bigger here than in the room on the top floor (that suite smelt as well). I call the man who I dealt with "the incredible disappearing man" as he was able to completely disappear as soon as humanely possible during both of our interactions. He did offer us a refund, but it was 4pm and where else would we go, in the rain? Look elsewhere while you have time to make a better choice, before you come here.

Room Tip: The disabled room (117) is two bedroom ground floor: the second bedroom with a single bed is very s...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Port Fairy, Australia
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Great Location , and very nice chap at front desk ,who helped my husband carry our case up the stairs. Our room was clean , it had a full size fridge and the kitchen had a stove as well as a microwave. I did not encounter any problems with noise etc.Its a short walk to the pier and shops, would stay again

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family