Bay City(Geelong) Motel
$90
  • Pool
Quest Geelong(Geelong)(Great Value!)
$159
Best Western Admiralty Motor Inn(Geelong)(Great Value!)
$92
$84
$93
$74
Parkwood Motel(Geelong)(Great Value!)
$76
$117
  • Pool
Shannon Motor Inn(Geelong)(Great Value!)
$80
Vue Apartments & Day Spa(Geelong)(Great Value!)
$127
Quality Hotel Bayside Geelong(Geelong)(Great Value!)
$89
All reviewsroom downstairsgreat locationoff street parkingwalking distancecomfy bedgreat showercentral locationwould definitely stay here againwestfield shopping centrea great staygood sizehospitalwaterfront
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed here with my partner for two nights because his father in law went into cardiac arrest and was flown to the Geelong hospital to be stabalised.

The location was good, close to the hospital which was handy.

We stayed in Room 3 and there was no exhaust fan for the bathroom causing mould and there was no drain on the floor of the bathroom to capture excess water. I found the edge of a condom wrapper under the bed. We didn't receive fresh towels after the first night and our bed was not made. When I questioned the woman about this after check-out she replied "Well, do you make your own bed at home?". I don't pay money to stay at home and make my own bed, I pay money to stay in a motel.

We were accused of tearing a curtain which is not possible as we lowered the main curtain when we got there, and then raised it when we checked out. We were charged on the credit card and was not provided an invoice, nor was I advised that there was a charge on my card.

The woman asked why I stayed two nights and I went to tell her about what had happened to my father-in-law but she had hung up on me before I was able to explain. As seen on these reviews, asking why people stay an extra night seems to be a common theme.

We ended up getting a cabin with a huge spa and recliners for the same price so I don't believe that it was good value for money.

The location however was good, I will say that. I'm disappointed at how this turned out as we will be going back and forth between Geelong at least twice a week for the next month and a half.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank cactuar10
Pam W, Owner at Bay City(Geelong) Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

the curtain had a half a metre rip in it when the guest left, we did not accuse as intentional, the curtain had to be replaced, as for the room being dirty, the guest stayed one night booked through wotif and stayed the next night directly with us so if the room had have been as stated, i would not have stayed the first night let alone the second.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We found the service fantastic and very friendly.
After running late - beyond our control - we finally made it and were greeted by an understanding owner. We were also lucky enough to be upgraded to a deluxe suite. The room was very clean and comfortable.
Will definitely stay at this motel again!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Sunlover Holidays
1  Thank Melanie K

Thank you for your kind review, hope to see you next time you are in town.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Good location, clean rooms, friendly staff, tea, coffee and toaster in room. Everything we needed for a quick visit to Geelong on the way to the airport. Electric blankets on the bed were appreciated.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

glad you enjoyed your stay, hope to see you again

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed for only a night returning from a day trip down to the Great Ocean Road.

Exceeds expectations for a motel room. The room was spacey and comfy. The decor is a bit dated but good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

glad you enjoyed your stay wit us.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

It's really close to the waterfront bars and restaurants, the shops, the botanic gardens, and Geelong Hospital, so it's ideally located for whatever you want or need to do in Geelong! We walked through the centre of town to the Geelong Gallery in 15 minutes, so there really is no need to move the car.
Our favourite organic cafe for breakfast, the Sprout and the Bean, is just along the road as you head back into town. There is a restaurant on site, but it doesn't look inviting - and there are restaurants of just about every kind further down Malop Street (the A Rani Thai at 136 Malop Street is good value, and the Kohinoor Indian at 137 opposite has a very extensive menu).
My only complaint about the motel is the old light fitting on the wall above the bed which makes sitting up in bed uncomfortable. Next refit, please take it away!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are noisy when the early risers rev up their vehicles!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family