“Most comfortable bed ever”

Vue Apartments & Day Spa
Melbourne, Australia
“Most comfortable bed ever”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed one night on business in studio apartment. Beds so very comfortable,used to think Four Seasons had the best beds, but Vue are equally as good. Traffic noise very noticeable, and I live in inner city melbourne so am used to traffic, so I would suggest room not facing Bellarine Street, if you like restful sleep, maybe weekends are quieter. Definitely would stay again but different room location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
VueApartments, General Manager at Vue Apartments & Day Spa, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you for this great review! All of our beds at Vue are King Koil and we get this fabulous feedback often so I am glad you pointed it out. In terms of the traffic noise, we do have double glazing on all windows however I would suggest booking a park/bay view and request the highest floor or as you mentioned a standard apartment overlooking the CBD. Look forward to seeing you at Vue again soon.

Tori Banson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Old Beach, Tasmania, Australia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

very dissapointed as i saw this advertised on Coxys Travels and rooms looked very spacious, they were very close to all conveniences and is a great location, it was a shame that the cleaning let them down poorly for a reasonably new property i found it very poor, when booking we ask for early checkin but didn't get into our room untill 2.30.

Room Tip: The room we had was great but the cleaning let it down...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that the cleanliness was not up to standard as this is something that we do pride ourselves on, especially as you said Vue being so new! In terms of your check in I do apologise as we do guarantee check in from 2pm. I hope we do see you again Vue.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We have just returned from a 2 day stay at Vue Apartments in Geelong and found it a very comfortable place to stay and convenient for Geelong's CBD with all it has to offer. It's also a great base for taking drives down the coast.

We had a one bedroom apartment on the 1st floor (104) which overlooked the car park - not a problem for us but we did notice a planning application has been posted for another block of apartments on the car park area. Our apartment had a very well equiped kitchen, including drawer dishwasher and coffee machine. The bed was so comfortable we slept very well plus it was so quiet we didn't hear any noise at all. There's also a washing machine and dryer available in the bathroom which was modern with a great shower.

Secure parking in the lower ground floor was excellent with a separate space marked for our use only and with the lift being handy to take us to and from our apartment.

It was cold in Geelong while we were there, but we found the heating via the reverse cycle air conditioner to be more than adequate. There was an electric blanket on the bed which we didn't find necessary to use.

We got a great deal through a promotion and wouldn't hesitate to stay at Vue Apartments again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Booked here because of an all day business seminar followed by a day of pleasure. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality and convenience of Vue Apartments to the waterside, restaurants, pubs, shopping, galleries. It was very comfortable and had every convenience. A bit too "grey" in decor for my taste but modern and clean style.The staff were very considerate when approached. Private secure car park underneath is very clean and easy to access from your room. Room is better than the photos. The recommendations for dining nearby was good. But booking ahead is best for weekends. We tried to walk-in at the up market pub restaurant but it was too busy. Short walk away a couple of blocks we discovered a classic pub with ok menu.During the day the proximity to the waterfront was just the best....rediscovered Geelong and amazing water front views and walks. Also we loved being not far from the Bellarine vineyards and having a comfortable base in town. Could stay here easily for a week. Glad to have chosen this place on their introductory offer.

Room Tip: We chose the cheaper rooms overlooking the carpark...we had no problem with noise and views were wha...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Canmore, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The apartments are lovely and well appointed – a home away from home for our 9 day stay. We used this as our base for travels to other places in the area – Great Ocean Road, Bellarine, Bendingo and Melbourne. It was very nice to have a secure parking garage for our rental car. The staff were courteous and very helpful when we needed directions to various places – such as the horse races! The location of the apartments is great – a short walk to the water and very close to shopping and grocery store. We would recommend this for anyone who is travelling to Geelong and area. Great value for money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Hobart, Australia
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Vue appartements Bellarine Street Geelong hasn't been operating all that long but they have been able to do it in style, a really great place to stay, not too expensive, rooms are lovely, beds good, has all the mod-cons you would expect in a place like this. Good aircon, for hot or cold.
Free internet, which is a must these days, small kitchen with everything, pots and pans, coffee machine, toaster, dining table and chairs, washer and dryer great. The bathroom is very well designed, big wet area shower with a huge shower rose, toilet and basin of course and huge mirrored wall.
TV, CD player/radio DAB iPOD dock, DVD player.
The view is great, position excellent, only about 200mtrs from the shopping centres, plenty of restaurants and just a short walk to the waters edge, where there are more restaurants and plenty of things to do and see, if you like yachting this will interest you.
Our visit to Geelong was only short but we did extend our stay by 1 day and we will go back, it is a beautiful and friendly place, tons to do and see, restaurants galore a quick drive to Torquay or Queenscliffe where there is a car-ferry to Sorrento saving a 4 hour drive.
We will stay there again, recommended.
Only one small nit-picking thing.....no mirror in the bedroom.

Room Tip: Ask for a park view it's much better, the other side has a park but it's a carpark and gets...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John P

Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I felt like the other reviewers when I walked into our well appointed apt. Clean, roomy, well designed, but then I started ticking off the negatives as the night wore on. The smallest ones I won't mention, because they seem petty and easily forgivable on a one night stay. But, if you're a moderate to light sleeper, you might consider staying elsewhere. Walls are thin so could hear neighbor's coming in in the middle of the night... All of their conversations, laughter, whatever they are doing in their kitchens, the early morning sneak away from whomever they met the night before, but the sneak away person didn't realize the door would slam when they left. Then, the pillows that are too bulky, bouncy to get comfortable at a normal neck level. Now, I understand the whole pillow thing being a personal value judgement, so I can't fault the place terribly. But, we did just stay in a quaint little place in Adelaide that had 3 different kinds of pillows to select from, 2 on the bed and 2 in the closet, then different types in e 2nd bedroom, so, there wasn't an excuse about not finding a good pillow. Anyhow, the pillows here weren't comfortable to me. Then you now have the burlap bag effect of the pillowcase on your cheek and you feel like you've been mauled all night by your unshaven husband (no, he was sleeping soundly next to you). The bed sheets were really rough. For all the princes and princesses out there who pay attention to thread count and cloth quality, this is not you place. I even had a short dream about Egyptian cotton sheets and how smooth they felt on my skin, only to be awakened by my face getting an abrasion by simply turning in my sleep. Yes, my face was gently exfoliated during the night, but it came at the price of my sleep. Ironically, the Vue Apts IS a spa, so, I guess some could consider this a spa experience. Then came the traffic noise! You wouldn't think there would be this much traffic in such a small town (obviously not a small town) but the outside our window was buzzing with traffic from 6am on. My 11 year old son, who had the front room, slept gloriously through it all, we'll until after 9:30am (we got in pretty late). I don't do as well as my gold star husband (who booked the apt, but forgot about checking the noise level with reception) with limited amount of sleep andI didn't travel all this way to sleep through the Great Ocean Road experience, but it looks like this part of the trip will be a foggy memory. I have to say, though, I would stay here again, IF I booked the room myself and got a guarantee that I got a room at the back where it is quieter. But then you wouldn't have a view of the bay, which at this point, doesn't matter. And, by the way, I sleep with silicone earplugs to block out noise, which I started doing at home, since we have 5 dogs and live in the country.

Room Tip: Ask for a room AWAY from road noise, as there is an abundant amount.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your very detailed feedback. I can only apologise that you had a fairly negative experience during your stay at Vue. When you do come back please be sure to contact me directly so that I can assure you have a much better stay. I am surprised in regards to your comments in regards to the linen thread count but can only assume this was a one off as we have brand new doona covers and the sheets are also of a very high standard and replaced regularly. I can also confirm that we have rectified the pillow issue as the pillow cases that originally used were not big enough for the brand new pillows and guests can also always request a flatter, softer type from reception if required.