“Good stay”
Review of Rydges Geelong

Rydges Geelong
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Geelong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Korean first
Bendigo, Australia
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on a Monday night . Checkin was quick and easy the room was spacious . Bed was comfortable and the hotel is located only a short walk from town . Would also be suitable for the football.
I do feel that the room was a little overpriced . Friends also booked the same hotel 1 day prior to myself on the same websight. I booked the next day to find it had increased $50 making it almost $200 a night . Pleasant stay but certainly a little overpriced

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank delishldish
Geelong-Mercure, General Manager at Rydges Geelong, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear delishldish.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and thanks for the review.

Our prices do vary depending on how busy we are and leading into the holiday period we have some great specials available. Please give us a call if anytime if you would like us to run these by you.

Kind regards,

Phil O’Brien
nursey
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We recently stayed at the Mercure we chose this hotel as we had an Accor Voucher. And we didnt have a lot of Hotels to choose from for that weekend that had vacancies. And I only had one month left to use it. When we arrived the front desk staff were very friendly probably the best part of our stay. We had booked a Bayview Deluxe room which was $229.00 per night . I did expect more from this hotel for this price as per there website and pictures. But all I can say was very disappointed. The rooms are in need of some work maybe carpets cleaned. The Bathroom was so small had to shut door to get into or out of shower. We had one chair in our room as per pictures there is usually two chairs for two people????. As for Bayview could see mostly tops of buildings not a great view could see the bay but the rest of the view spoiled that. Heater/Air Con would only go on at 25c so we coudnt cool the room down and the opening window is so small not much air to circulate. Breakfast was nice but at $26.00pp is another extra. Parking at $18.00 is ridiculous when it is on site I dont see why have to pay to park???? We had a few drinks in the bar service was good but the bar lady had to keep going to front desk when we paid by card????. So we put a couple of drinks on room card just to make it easier. All up staying here even with my gift card for $100.00 it ended up costing $225.00. So 1 night turned out to be $325.00 :(. I have stayed in so many more places for a lot less money that I would recommend to people but I can say this is not one of them. A lot of money for very little. I would not stay here again for this price. So many other nicer places in Geelong to choose. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: Stay some where else.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nursey61
Geelong-Mercure, General Manager at Rydges Geelong, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear nursey61.

Many thanks for your visit to the Mercure Geelong.

We aim to ensure all customers have a very pleasant stay and while it was pleasing to note that you enjoyed the service from our team, I sincerely apologise that we have let you down in some other areas.

We actively encourage all guest feedback as it is by this we will improve and there are certainly some issues that were disappointing and will be rectified as a result of your comments.

Should you allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in the Mercure please contact me directly on phil.obrien@accor.com your next visit to Geelong. I will be more than happy to ensure a terrific stay.

Yours sincerely,

Phil O'Brien
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Friendly service, well appointed rooms nothing extra that I could have needed restaurant food and service was great both for breakfast and dinner this was my second stay and I will be staying again for business in the near future

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently as my daughter attended a gym comp.
Had a really great stay and will definitely stay again....
Yes., the carpet was stained and yes., the paint was peeling off in places but the bed was super comfy., the shower was great and the air con was a perfect temperature.
Had a great nights sleep every night and that's what sells a good hotel to me. I has a family room on the first floor and the rooms were huge.
Staff were all very friendly and food in house was good.
I'll be back next year forsure!!
Thanks for a great stay!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends