“Waterfront hotel in Geelong, Victoria”
Review of Novotel Geelong

Novotel Geelong
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Geelong
Canberra, Australia
“Waterfront hotel in Geelong, Victoria”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This hotel is starting to look 'tired' and in need of a refresh -- particularly in its guest rooms. However, the major facilities such as the bars and dining areas, as well as the Conference facilities are as modern as tomorrow.
With the exception of the two staff at the reception desk at check-in (who appeared to not want to be at work), the other staff were excellent. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff looking after guests on the Conference level.
Access to the hotel by car is currently restricted due to road works, and there is no guest self parking available. However Valet parking is available for a very reasonable AUD $25 overnight -- and no tips are expected.
Overall: good value for the price paid. Ideal as a Conference Venue with easy access to dozens of excellent local restaurants including on the nearby Pier.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
FPSG, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Geelong, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Fantastic to read you enjoyed your time with us and were pleased with our service through the duration of your function - thank you!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Bryan Dennis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
CBD Melb
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Functions are well staffed and coordinated. Accommodation was great, recommended! I will definitely stay again. Great location: hosted friends bday, was very professionally delivered and any service requests met

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback - I have shared your comments with my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Four Points by Sheraton Geelong and on behalf of my team I wish you and your family a fantastic 2013!

Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed there for business and pleasure over the last few years. Staff are always very good. The location is great. When it is fully booked and i have had to stay elsewhere i have been dissapointed. Although some of the rooms need a bit of freshening up its still a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Firstly, thank you so much for taking the time to post your fantastic feedback.

Your comments are very much appreciated and I have shared them with my entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Four Points by Sheraton Geelong!

Mt Eliza, Australia
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in an absolutely perfect position on the gorgeous waterfront. We booked a Deluxe King Suite and because I had member rewards saved up I did get the room for quite cheap, however I would have been a little disappointed if I had of paid full price as the room was quite small, the shower was a tiny shower/bath and the 'balcony' could only just fit two chairs on it. Whilst it was nice enough, I certainly wouldn't use the word 'deluxe' to describe The room. The staff member at check in gave us the room which, of all the 'partial view' rooms would have been the best as far as views. We had a great view of the water looking towards the pier and gardens. That was room 719 on the top floor. I must say also that it was quite noisy with the road and party goers on a Saturday night, even with the thick glass doors closed. The hotel pool was lovely, with a huge balcony and fantastic views located at the front of the building on the second floor, with plenty of towels. I must say it was the best hotel on the waterfront for its perfect location with lots of good eateries and shopping nearby. I would stay again but in a front room because they have large balconies and panoramic views of the water. Tips: park on the road just outside the building if staying on a Saturday night, it's free then and all day Sunday so you will avoid the steep $25 valet parking cost the hotel offers.We travelled with children and found a fantastic playground to the left of the pier, a bit further on was a fish n chip place where you could dine also. We got take away and it was the best fish and chips I've ever had! The King George whiting was to die for. Great fishermans basket pack and the burger was lovely too.

Mt Eliza, Australia
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in an absolutely perfect position on the gorgeous waterfront. We booked a Deluxe King Suite and because I had member rewards saved up I did get the room for quite cheap, however I would have been a little disappointed if I had of paid full price as the room was quite small, the shower was a tiny shower/bath and the 'balcony' could only just fit two chairs on it. The staff member at check in gave us the room which, of all the 'partial view' rooms would have been the best as far as views. We had a great view of the pier and gardens. That was room 719 on the top floor. The hotel pool was fantastic, with a huge balcony and fantastic views also at the front of the building with plenty of towels. It was the best hotel on the waterfront and perfect location with lots of good eateries and shopping nearby. I would stay again but in a front room because they have large balconies and panoramic views. Tip: park on the road just outside the building if staying on a Saturday night, it's free then and all day Sunday so you will avoid the steep $25 valet parking cost the hotel offers.We travelled with children and found a fantastic playground to the left of the pier, a bit further on was a fish n chip place where you could dine also. We got take away and it was the best fish and chips I've ever had! The Kinng George whiting was to die for. Great fishermans basket pack and the burger was lovely too.

• Stayed August 2013
Fantastic to hear that you loved our hotel & our location - thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We hope to see you again soon!

Wishing you & your family a wonderful 2013.

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights as part of a conference. Room 511 today, clean nice bed and wonderful pillows, small balcony with view between adjacent building to the water. Room was quite. The front road is a busy thoroughfare but only single lane traffic - it was NOT busy at night but I guess it could be in summer holiday season. Short walk to various shops, food options, botanic gardens and rail station. The heated internal pool (about 15 or so metres) on the 1st floor has a view of the bay. Buffet breakfast is nice with the standard array - yogurt, fruit, cereals, toast,bacon tomato egg etc. No "wow" factor to the presentation, but fresh and tasty. Room was quite. Staff were obliging and friendly.
Minor warning - my iPhone 5 using apple map directed me to a park area about 300 metres from the hotel, after some minor annoyance and scratching my head - google maps got it right.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Fantastic to read you enjoyed your time with us and were pleased with our service & hotel throughout the duration of your conference - thank you!

We hope to see you again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The hotel is facing a busy road and car parks, and among big building blocks. It is more like a motel rather than a Starwood hotel. I was very disappointed to stay in a small room with two dirty queen bed putting together, and a mattress on top. I found mould in the bathroom with a shock and took a picture of it. I have never seen this type of low standard in a Starwood hotel before. The hotel needs to have a big improvement to be able to use Four Point's name. As a SPG member, I feel misled by Starwood to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Find another hotel